Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    Interesting article on Mr. Trammell.

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/pipeli...ll/c-267810716
    Hope he focuses his full attention on strengthening his arm and sticking in CF. His bat will play much better there than possibly taking a power bat out of LF.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Hope he focuses his full attention on strengthening his arm and sticking in CF. His bat will play much better there than possibly taking a power bat out of LF.
    If Johnny Damon could have that noodle play in center, Trammell will be fine. It's a matter of preference in center when it comes to Trammell. That arm isn't going to be good out there, but it's enough to play there, for sure. We've all seen arms that were much worse in center field in our time than the one Trammell brings to the table.

4. Likes:

RiverRat13 (03-13-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    If Johnny Damon could have that noodle play in center, Trammell will be fine. It's a matter of preference in center when it comes to Trammell. That arm isn't going to be good out there, but it's enough to play there, for sure. We've all seen arms that were much worse in center field in our time than the one Trammell brings to the table.
    If we could live with Deon Sanders's arm in CF, we can live with Trammell's arm. I'm not sure that Sanders' arm even qualified as a "noodle arm." His was more of an "angel hair pasta" arm.
    "I can still throw it in the 70s. And I can throw it in the 80s if I don't want to comb my hair for a week." - Bob Feller at age 66 when asked how hard he could throw.

6. Likes:

mace (03-13-2018),Spanky (03-30-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    If we could live with Deon Sanders's arm in CF, we can live with Trammell's arm. I'm not sure that Sanders' arm even qualified as a "noodle arm." His was more of an "angel hair pasta" arm.
    I really couldn't live with Deion Sanders in CF. He was a sideshow. Awesome cornerback though.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I'm hoping that's true, but he spent 915.2 innings in LF and just 139.1 in CF last season @ Dayton. If I'm the Reds, I play Trammell in CF for at least half of his time in the field. If he & Siri are on the same roster, I play Siri in RF on most occasions. Siri is a more natural CF and I believe Trammell is a better prospect.

9. Likes:

REDREAD (03-15-2018)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I'm hoping that's true, but he spent 915.2 innings in LF and just 139.1 in CF last season @ Dayton. If I'm the Reds, I play Trammell in CF for at least half of his time in the field. If he & Siri are on the same roster, I play Siri in RF on most occasions. Siri is a more natural CF and I believe Trammell is a better prospect.
    Jose Siri isn't quite the same prospect that Trammell is, but on defense, they aren't close. That's more about Siri than Trammell, though. That's not to say that the Reds won't put Trammell in left - they may very well. But, Trammell's arm is significantly stronger than other arms we've seen in center field at the Major League level over the last 20 years. It's still below-average, but if Johnny Damon could play center with that noodle he had, then Trammell absolutely can.

What current players in the major's does Trammell project to play like? Doesn't have to be perfect style comps, just trying to gauge the caliber player he could become. Like his floor might be Billy without the arm/speed, but high end could be Jason Heyward before he sucked?

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaReds View Post
    What current players in the major's does Trammell project to play like? Doesn't have to be perfect style comps, just trying to gauge the caliber player he could become. Like his floor might be Billy without the arm/speed, but high end could be Jason Heyward before he sucked?
    We've loosely comped Trammell to Curtis Granderson. I think an even better comp could be a pre-injury Grady Sizemore.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. -- Mahatma Gandhi

I don’t think he comps to Billy whatsoever. Tram has a much better understanding of the strike zone and way more power potential.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

14. Likes:

kaldaniels (03-19-2018)

He is very smart. So far he has said things that bode well for the future.

16. Likes:

REDREAD (03-23-2018)

Heyward pre-Cubs isn't terrible, but personally I think Carl Crawford is the best comp. Maybe (hopefully) a little more power. Johnny Damon, too.
    Last edited by Benihana; 03-19-2018 at 11:30 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

18. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (06-10-2018),REDREAD (03-23-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Heyward pre-Cubs isn't terrible, but personally I think Carl Crawford is the best comp. Maybe (hopefully) a little more power.
    So someday Theo Epstein will sign him to a long contract which Theo will regret.

20. Likes:

Benihana (03-23-2018),REDREAD (03-23-2018)

22. Likes:

BillDoran (03-30-2018),cincyinco (04-01-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I will be really upset if they trade this kid.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

24. Likes:

cincyinco (04-01-2018),Old school 1983 (03-31-2018),OnBaseMachine (03-31-2018),RiverRat13 (03-30-2018),WrongVerb (03-30-2018)

Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar

A few newish updates/scouting reports on Trammell.

http://prospects1500.com/nl-central/...ncinnati-reds/

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...gh-a-pitching/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...in-2020#slide2
    Go to the top 10 OF prospects for 2020 halfway down page.

https://www.minorleagueball.com/2018...pdated-5-21-18
    Moved up 11 spots to #28 in latest SB Nation prospect list.

26. Likes:

BillDoran (06-05-2018),RED VAN HOT (06-05-2018),REDREAD (06-11-2018),RiverRat13 (06-05-2018)

Turn Off Ads?