Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 283

Thread: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

  1. #211
    Member corkedbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    10,283

    Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    Interesting article on Mr. Trammell.

    https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/pipeli...ll/c-267810716
    Hope he focuses his full attention on strengthening his arm and sticking in CF. His bat will play much better there than possibly taking a power bat out of LF.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #212
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    48,493

    Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Hope he focuses his full attention on strengthening his arm and sticking in CF. His bat will play much better there than possibly taking a power bat out of LF.
    If Johnny Damon could have that noodle play in center, Trammell will be fine. It's a matter of preference in center when it comes to Trammell. That arm isn't going to be good out there, but it's enough to play there, for sure. We've all seen arms that were much worse in center field in our time than the one Trammell brings to the table.

  4. Likes:

    RiverRat13 (03-13-2018)

  5. #213
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,715

    Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    If Johnny Damon could have that noodle play in center, Trammell will be fine. It's a matter of preference in center when it comes to Trammell. That arm isn't going to be good out there, but it's enough to play there, for sure. We've all seen arms that were much worse in center field in our time than the one Trammell brings to the table.
    If we could live with Deon Sanders's arm in CF, we can live with Trammell's arm. I'm not sure that Sanders' arm even qualified as a "noodle arm." His was more of an "angel hair pasta" arm.
    "I can still throw it in the 70s. And I can throw it in the 80s if I don't want to comb my hair for a week." - Bob Feller at age 66 when asked how hard he could throw.

  6. Likes:

    mace (03-13-2018),Spanky (03-30-2018)

  7. #214
    Someday Never Comes mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,621

    Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    If we could live with Deon Sanders's arm in CF, we can live with Trammell's arm. I'm not sure that Sanders' arm even qualified as a "noodle arm." His was more of an "angel hair pasta" arm.
    I really couldn't live with Deion Sanders in CF. He was a sideshow. Awesome cornerback though.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

  8. #215
    Member corkedbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    10,283

    Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    If Johnny Damon could have that noodle play in center, Trammell will be fine. It's a matter of preference in center when it comes to Trammell. That arm isn't going to be good out there, but it's enough to play there, for sure. We've all seen arms that were much worse in center field in our time than the one Trammell brings to the table.
    I'm hoping that's true, but he spent 915.2 innings in LF and just 139.1 in CF last season @ Dayton. If I'm the Reds, I play Trammell in CF for at least half of his time in the field. If he & Siri are on the same roster, I play Siri in RF on most occasions. Siri is a more natural CF and I believe Trammell is a better prospect.

  9. Likes:

    REDREAD (03-15-2018)

  10. #216
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    48,493

    Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I'm hoping that's true, but he spent 915.2 innings in LF and just 139.1 in CF last season @ Dayton. If I'm the Reds, I play Trammell in CF for at least half of his time in the field. If he & Siri are on the same roster, I play Siri in RF on most occasions. Siri is a more natural CF and I believe Trammell is a better prospect.
    Jose Siri isn't quite the same prospect that Trammell is, but on defense, they aren't close. That's more about Siri than Trammell, though. That's not to say that the Reds won't put Trammell in left - they may very well. But, Trammell's arm is significantly stronger than other arms we've seen in center field at the Major League level over the last 20 years. It's still below-average, but if Johnny Damon could play center with that noodle he had, then Trammell absolutely can.

  11. #217
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    124

    Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

    What current players in the major's does Trammell project to play like? Doesn't have to be perfect style comps, just trying to gauge the caliber player he could become. Like his floor might be Billy without the arm/speed, but high end could be Jason Heyward before he sucked?

  12. #218
    Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    American Canyon, CA
    Posts
    12,133

    Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaReds View Post
    What current players in the major's does Trammell project to play like? Doesn't have to be perfect style comps, just trying to gauge the caliber player he could become. Like his floor might be Billy without the arm/speed, but high end could be Jason Heyward before he sucked?
    We've loosely comped Trammell to Curtis Granderson. I think an even better comp could be a pre-injury Grady Sizemore.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. -- Mahatma Gandhi

  13. #219
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    10,793

    Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaReds View Post
    What current players in the major's does Trammell project to play like? Doesn't have to be perfect style comps, just trying to gauge the caliber player he could become. Like his floor might be Billy without the arm/speed, but high end could be Jason Heyward before he sucked?
    I don’t think he comps to Billy whatsoever. Tram has a much better understanding of the strike zone and way more power potential.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  14. Likes:

    kaldaniels (03-19-2018)

  15. #220
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Richmond, Indiana
    Posts
    2,167

    Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

    He is very smart. So far he has said things that bode well for the future.

  16. Likes:

    REDREAD (03-23-2018)

  17. #221
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    12,331

    Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaReds View Post
    What current players in the major's does Trammell project to play like? Doesn't have to be perfect style comps, just trying to gauge the caliber player he could become. Like his floor might be Billy without the arm/speed, but high end could be Jason Heyward before he sucked?
    Heyward pre-Cubs isn't terrible, but personally I think Carl Crawford is the best comp. Maybe (hopefully) a little more power. Johnny Damon, too.
    Last edited by Benihana; 03-19-2018 at 11:30 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

  18. Likes:

    Patrick Bateman (06-10-2018),REDREAD (03-23-2018)

  19. #222
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,363

    Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Heyward pre-Cubs isn't terrible, but personally I think Carl Crawford is the best comp. Maybe (hopefully) a little more power.
    So someday Theo Epstein will sign him to a long contract which Theo will regret.

  20. Likes:

    Benihana (03-23-2018),REDREAD (03-23-2018)

  21. #223
    Member texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,478

    Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell


  22. Likes:

    BillDoran (03-30-2018),cincyinco (04-01-2018)

  23. #224
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    10,793

    Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I will be really upset if they trade this kid.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  24. Likes:

    cincyinco (04-01-2018),Old school 1983 (03-31-2018),OnBaseMachine (03-31-2018),RiverRat13 (03-30-2018),WrongVerb (03-30-2018)

  25. #225
    Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    656

    Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

    A few newish updates/scouting reports on Trammell.

    http://prospects1500.com/nl-central/...ncinnati-reds/

    https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...gh-a-pitching/

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...in-2020#slide2
    Go to the top 10 OF prospects for 2020 halfway down page.


    https://www.minorleagueball.com/2018...pdated-5-21-18
    Moved up 11 spots to #28 in latest SB Nation prospect list.

  26. Likes:

    BillDoran (06-05-2018),RED VAN HOT (06-05-2018),REDREAD (06-11-2018),RiverRat13 (06-05-2018)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | JaxRed | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | The Operator