Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

In a re-draft, I suspect both Senzel and Trammell would go top 10, and TJ Friedl would get pegged either late in the first round or in the supplemental round.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (06-18-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Initial reports on Lewis were that everything was fine, but it's just sore. As someone who bumps their knee that's been cut open a few times, I likely know exactly what's going on and it sucks, but isn't an issue moving forward really. Hopefully that initial report is correct because I'd like to see that dude get on the field and play.

And man, Corey Ray.... those strikeouts.
    Corey Ray was the one guy at the top of the draft that I wanted no part of because ultimately if you can't make contact with the baseball the rest of the tools don't really matter.

Another name I'd expect taken ahead of Trammell: Alec Hansen.

Taylor Trammell, OF, Reds: The Reds system got a whole lot better last week after the club cleaned up during the 2017 amateur draft. But the system already had some solid prospects — including Trammell, who was selected 35th overall in the ’16 draft. The 19-year-old outfielder is enjoying a solid first full year in pro ball. At the low-A level, he’s showing his power-speed threat with 27 of his 64 hits going for extra bases and his 17 steals in 22 tries. Trammell is also displaying a willingness to take a free pass with a walk rate at 12.1%. His swing-and-miss tendencies might suppress his batting average a bit but the quick wheels give him a chance to offset that with some infield hits. In his prime, he has a shot at being a 20-20 player (HR-SB)
    http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/pro...ndujar-hansen/

6. Likes:

AlaskaReds (06-20-2017),Edd Roush (06-20-2017),Redeyecat (06-20-2017),REDREAD (06-20-2017),Tom Servo (06-20-2017),Tuff Nut (06-21-2017)

#12 on the BA Prospect Hot Sheet this week

Taylor Trammell, OF, Reds (19)
    Low Class A Dayton (Midwest)

Trammell’s first full season has been everything the Reds could have hoped for. He’s shown an understanding for working counts, developing power and an aggressiveness on the basepaths that makes him a nuisance for any battery. The former high school running back’s speed has paid dividends as he’s stolen 38 bases to go with 10 triples this year.
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...poR2PYB04Fl.97
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

8. Likes:

BillDoran (08-25-2017),cincyinco (08-25-2017),marcshoe (08-25-2017),Mitri (08-31-2017),Norse1978 (08-26-2017),OnBaseMachine (08-25-2017),RED VAN HOT (08-25-2017)

I know we've talked about Johnny Damon as a comp, but I wonder if Carl Crawford is a good comp for Trammell?

Another super speedster that was relegated to LF, but put up five > .800 OPS seasons for Tampa in his prime.
    Go BLUE!!!

10. Likes:

REDREAD (09-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I know we've talked about Johnny Damon as a comp, but I wonder if Carl Crawford is a good comp for Trammell?

Another super speedster that was relegated to LF, but put up five > .800 OPS seasons for Tampa in his prime.
    What about Dexter Fowler?
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

12. Likes:

M2 (03-13-2018),REDREAD (09-01-2017)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    He's a Cardinal.

Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    He's a Cardinal.

Nuff said.
    And a Cub. Vomit.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    What about what what Jason Heyward was supposed to be and kind of was as a Brave? Or is his D/arm not good enough?

Jason Heyward was the #1 prospect in all of baseball. He was a .900 OPS bat in AAA as a 19 year old and was fully expected to be an elite player in the majors - talking top 10 MLB player. Trammell is my favorite prospect with the Reds right now but I cannot imagine him being viewed the same way Jason Heyward was as a minor leaguer.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    What about what what Jason Heyward was supposed to be and kind of was as a Brave? Or is his D/arm not good enough?
    A huge part of Heyward's value is/was his arm/defense. That is simply not the case with Trammell. I like the Carl Crawford comp

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SYCMiniBus View Post
    A huge part of Heyward's value is/was his arm/defense. That is simply not the case with Trammell. I like the Carl Crawford comp
    As a prospect, though, Heyward was expected to hit, and hit the crap out of the ball. Still not entirely sure what happened there.

19. Likes:

marcshoe (09-01-2017)

Man I wanted Heyward (or Porcello) bad in that 2007 draft. Was so disappointed when he went one spot ahead of our Mesoraco pick.
    Last edited by Benihana; 09-01-2017 at 03:19 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Bumping this thread as I was looking for a place to put this long profile from Prospectus from six days ago (I don't think I saw it posted):

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/f...ncinnati-reds/

A taste:

Offensively, the tools are there. Trammell has an average hit tool, average power and plus-plus speed. He stole 41 bases in 53 attempts at Dayton. The feeling is that as he grows into his 6-foot-2, 195-pound frame, the power might develop a bit and he might take a step back in the speed department. One thing he did between 2016 and 2017, it seems, was to work on putting more balls in the air. His GB/FB ratio in 2016 was 2.2 while that dropped down to 0.99 in 2017. He also went from a gap-to-gap type hitter to one who pulls the ball somewhat more often. Breaking down his BABIP, he hit .573 on balls hit to the outfield and .747 on balls hit to right field. There is something of a disclaimer that needs to be put on those numbers in that Dayton’s Fifth Third Field is arguably the best hitting environment in the Midwest League. Still, the fact that such a young player made the adjustments necessary to take advantage of his surroundings says a lot about Trammell.

Trammell has shown an overall approach that could fit at the top of the order. Even if he does lose a bit of speed, he would still be a plus runner. He does not mind seeing pitches and working counts, though there is right now a bit too much swing-and-miss to his game. There is work to be done on the hit tool, though it does seem that he can recognize what he needs to do and what it will take to get to where he needs to be. A left-handed hitter, Trammell handles left-handed pitching pretty well as he hit .268 versus lefties in 2017. While his power is muted there, he does enough to still be a factor, posting a .727 OPS.

22. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (02-27-2018),REDREAD (02-27-2018)

Interesting article on Mr. Trammell.

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/pipeli...ll/c-267810716

MLB Pipeline: Going into the spring of your senior year at Mount Paran Christian School (Kennesaw, Ga.), did you have any inkling that your stock as a baseball prospect was going to take off like it did? It seemed most teams regarded you as a third- to fifth-rounder entering the year.
    Trammell: I had zero idea. I was a little bit under the radar. Not that many people knew who I was. I always had that chip on my shoulder. I wanted people to understand I was not just a football player playing baseball, or raw because I hadn't focused too much on baseball. If I put my mind to something, I'm going to give it my all.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

24. Likes:

BillDoran (03-05-2018),Edd Roush (03-05-2018),mace (03-12-2018),OnBaseMachine (03-05-2018),RED VAN HOT (03-05-2018),RedTeamGo! (03-12-2018),RiverRat13 (03-05-2018),StRedlegs900 (03-05-2018),Tom Servo (03-05-2018)

Turn Off Ads?