Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

Ha, you read about these guys' stats and abilities as they come up as prospects, but to tell you how little some of us (particularly guys who don't generally watch videos of minor leaguers) actually know about these guys...I had no idea that Trammell was black (or that his name was said differently that Alan Trammell's).

2. Turn Off Ads?

He’s got a throwback attitude, I love it. You can tell baseball is only behind a few things like faiths, family, and maybe friends lol.

Don't be surprised if TayTram is a top 5 prospect in the game on the midseason lists, at least the way things seem to be going.

So glad the Reds didn't deal him this offseason. My favorite draft pick Buckley ever made.
    Go BLUE!!!

I've kinda wondered if TayTram will be able to stick in CF, but then I realized this is a franchise starting Jesse Winker out there...

6. Likes:

Kc61 (04-12-2019)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Don't be surprised if TayTram is a top 5 prospect in the game on the midseason lists, at least the way things seem to be going.

So glad the Reds didn't deal him this offseason. My favorite draft pick Buckley ever made.
    He will have to bring his K rate back into the low 20s if he wants to be a top 5 prospect at a non-premium defensive position.

Homer and 2 walks so far tonight. This is what we need!

9. Likes:

Edd Roush (04-18-2019)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Homer and 2 walks so far tonight. This is what we need!
    If you have to have only 2 games of the first 11 with no Ks, it is good when they are the most recent two games. Incredible that he has a .500 OBP through 11 games. wRC+ is now 242.

Whats the odds of post deadline shakeup and the Reds bring him up?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Whats the odds of post deadline shakeup and the Reds bring him up?
    Slim. Could see him called up in September, though. That wouldn't begin his service time clock. I also could see a promotion to AAA soon, provided the powers that be think it's warranted.
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

I truly hope the Reds "brain trust" don't decide to let him languish in AA or AAA ball for years just because we have Schebler and Winker on the payroll. I know it's seen as premature by many, but occasionally a minor league player just kind of doing OK gets called up and goes ballistic in the big leagues. It seems like forever ago that the Reds have had that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mamell View Post
    I truly hope the Reds "brain trust" don't decide to let him languish in AA or AAA ball for years just because we have Schebler and Winker on the payroll. I know it's seen as premature by many, but occasionally a minor league player just kind of doing OK gets called up and goes ballistic in the big leagues. It seems like forever ago that the Reds have had that happen.
    The Reds won't let Schebler hold back a top 20 prospect
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Slim. Could see him called up in September, though. That wouldn't begin his service time clock. I also could see a promotion to AAA soon, provided the powers that be think it's warranted.
    5% to majors. I don't see him getting promoted to AAA until second half if at all...
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Reds move their prospects slow now, so i don't see anyway they move him up. Now, under Bowden my answer would be different. I remember how they rocketed Kearns up. I think he would be up after the All Star Break under that regime.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Maybe shortly after Senzel is gone. They havenít done that typically in the past though.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Maybe shortly after Senzel is gone. They haven’t done that typically in the past though.
    Jay Bruce played only 16 games at AA before getting promoted to AAA. Trammell is about 1/2 season behind the development arc that Jay Bruce had, so it would make some sense to see him promoted.

Then again, my caveat stands: as long as the powers that be think it's warranted. The people paid big money to make these decisions are acting with way more information than we could possibly have, so it's best to defer to them.
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

Turn Off Ads?