Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Wow, was not expecting it to cost double the slot value to sign Trammel, but I'm really excited to watch him pitch and don't really care much about most of the pitchers drafted.
    Love Trammell, but the Reds are kinda betting the draft on his development. He needs to pan out because it (along with Okey's overslot) will probably restrict the Reds from adding other offensive options that they drafted lower.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 06-13-2016 at 11:32 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Love Trammell, but the Reds are betting rge draft on him. He needs to pan out because ir will probably restricy the Reds from adding other options that they drafted lower.
    OK.....put the bottle down......
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    OK.....put the bottle down......
    Just stating a fact. Not being critical of them - glad they did, but there's not gonna be much bonus money to play with beyond the 6th pick.

I meant based on the spelling

I meant based on the spelling
    I can spell just fine, but have never been able to type worth a ****.

BTW, I didn't realize the Reds have an additional $700K they can play with (if they'll just use it) without losing a pick. Might be enough for two of Conde, Flowers and Lott as well as maybe Henderson. Not sure how anxious they'll be to pay fines, but they're saving money on big league salaries, so...
    Last edited by corkedbat; 06-13-2016 at 11:50 PM.

7. Likes:

REDREAD (06-14-2016)

I can spell just fine, but have never been able to type worth a ****.

BTW, I didn't realize the Reds have an additional $700K they can play with (if they'll just use it) without losing a pick. Might be enough for two of Conde, Flowers and Lott as well as maybe Henderson. Not sure how anxious they'll be to pay fines, but they're saving money on big league salaries, so...
    Yeah I was debating whether to build that part into the spreadsheet. Maybe I can mess with that tomorrow.

Yeah I was debating whether to build that part into the spreadsheet. Maybe I can mess with that tomorrow.
    Where is the spreadsheet Jax? Looked for it or a link and couldn't find it (probably looked right at it a dozen times and missed it), Thx

They have a link to it in the first post of the signings thread.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gNI/edit#gid=0

11. Likes:

corkedbat (06-14-2016),SoTxRedsFan (06-14-2016)

Typo, I meant play.

They have a link to it in the first post of the signings thread.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gNI/edit#gid=0
    Thanks! Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Agree that Trammell could end up as a transformational pick- I could see him as a faster, better Mike Cameron. Or a heftier Eric Davis with more foot speed but less bat speed.
    Trammell is my favorite pick of the draft.

I'm happy Senzel was the guy at #2 but getting a top end talent is to be expected at #2, getting a player with the kind of raw talent that Trammell possesses at #35 is a boon.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (06-14-2016)

Really intrigued that he hasn’t focuses on baseball yet. Seems like his upside could be even higher than I originally thought. Sort of like Amir Garret if I read correctly. A lot of speed, along with OBP skill, will be coming to the Reds big league team it seems

Love Trammell, but the Reds are kinda betting the draft on his development. He needs to pan out because it (along with Okey's overslot) will probably restrict the Reds from adding other offensive options that they drafted lower.
    Depends on who signs and where they focus that money, IMO.

Assume the first ten all sign because the Reds have historically done a great job there.

After that, Conde looks to me like a fairly easy sign. He's got no college commitment and is already 19. Going to school wouldn't be ideal for him. (Maybe junior college would work.) I'd guess $100,000 might get that done. That's Senzel, Trammell, Okey, and Conde, plus all the college guys who could bust out (and would be prohibitively cheaper).

If any of those guys break out behind Senzel and Okey (Conde is my pick to click, though CJ Wright from KU looks promising too, and I'm a total sucker for Canadian hitters with more BBs than Ks so Bruce Yari looks good as well), Trammell becomes less important.

Among the HS hitters, Flowers, Lott, Langworthy, Cooper Johnson, and Statum are all unlikely. Statum's committed to Nevada. Langworthy's a Gator. Johnson's already tweeted his Ole Miss allegiance. Flower's is contending with a new coach (and a good one) at UK. And Lott is headed to Louisiana Lafayette. If they go big on bats, I think Flowers, Statum, and Lott are the most likely to sign, and the Reds should have a few hundred thousand to throw at them. If they decide to go big on arms (Moss will cost a bit, as will Mondile, Stallings, and Crohan), that might be all the bats they have.

At least until the international signings on July 2.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 06-14-2016 at 09:06 AM.

All of his hits have been singles so far, but Taylor Trammell is hitting .281 with a .361 OBP and has stolen three bases in four attempts, whiling walking three times in 36 plate appearances.

19. Likes:

Cannon (06-28-2016),Chuckie (06-28-2016),REDREAD (06-29-2016),SoTxRedsFan (06-28-2016),tcnoles1 (06-28-2016),Z-Fly (06-29-2016)

Trammell has been pretty impressive so far at Billings through 13 games. Batting .286 and OBPing at .375 (6 walks to 9 strikeouts) and he's stolen 4 bases to 1 catch. The power isn't there yet but who expected it to be from him at 18? Very encouraging so far.

Also further to the point above he's slashing .333/.417/.428 over the last 5 games with 3 walks to 1 strikeout and 1 stolen base.
    Last edited by Cannon; 07-05-2016 at 03:28 PM.
    "If I wanted you to understand I would have explained it better."
    - Johan Cruyff, RIP

21. Likes:

bellhead (07-07-2016),Benihana (07-07-2016),BillDoran (07-05-2016),BRM13 (07-06-2016),Edd Roush (07-07-2016),nmculbreth (07-05-2016),OnBaseMachine (07-05-2016),Redeyecat (07-05-2016),REDREAD (07-05-2016),redsmetz (07-06-2016),Tom Servo (07-05-2016),WrongVerb (07-06-2016)

Turn Off Ads?