Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/13/16 - Reds @ Barves

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: 6/13/16 - Reds @ Barves

If "wives" is plural for "wife" then "Barves" is plural for...?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I think he might have been thinking that the run would score if the ball entered the gap, especially with the runner moving on the pitch.
    Which means he was watching the ball and not the outfielders (which will tell you where the ball is going).
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    To be fair, the pitch that Smith was running on was a tailor-made double play ball, which almost certainly was the goal there. Then another ground ball through the infield and then the DP.
    Bad luck is definitely a part of it, but Wright isn't a big time bat-misser so the onus is on him to get favorable results. Really the walk to Smith was unacceptable, no reason not to throw him strikes.

Freeman's hit wasn't a ground ball throw the infield, it was a liner into the outfield.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I felt at the time, and still feel that they brought Wright up way too soon.
    I mean ideally he could have used some AAA seasoning, but he's 25 and threw 155 innings last year in AA. It's not like he's a 21 year old in A+ getting the call.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

Chris was about to say something and George just interrupted him and kept talking for like another minute straight lol.

Hit and run by the Braves works, first and third with no outs. This is going to be a long game folks.

Cowboy shut down George a couple of times yesterday, especially when for some reason he wanted to ramble on about NCAA bb. But Brantley > Walsh there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    If "wives" is plural for "wife" then "Barves" is plural for...?
    According to a coworker of mine who is an Atlanta fan, it's what he does every time he watches them play.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

8. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (06-14-2016),WrongVerb (06-13-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Bad luck is definitely a part of it, but Wright isn't a big time bat-misser so the onus is on him to get favorable results. Really the walk to Smith was unacceptable, no reason not to throw him strikes.

Freeman's hit wasn't a ground ball throw the infield, it was a liner into the outfield.
    Yeah, but a line drive ruins my narrative.

10. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-13-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by '69 & Vine View Post
    Cowboy shut down George a couple of times yesterday, especially when for some reason he wanted to ramble on about NCAA bb. But Brantley > Walsh there you have it.
    Brantley's all right as a change of pace, and he's quite good at color commentary. But I prefer Welsh.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

12. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-13-2016)

George are you blind?

Run scores, 3-3

Tie game 3-3 but they cut down the runner at 3rd. Good play from Bruce to Phillips to Suarez to get the runner

That was a nice 3-0 lead while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Brantley's all right as a change of pace, and he's quite good at color commentary. But I prefer Welsh.
    Chris has grown on me quite a bit. Still don't care for him, lol.

Leadoff hit for Cozart

Votto walks. 1st and 2nd

Votto walks. Now we're cookin' with gas..

Turn Off Ads?