Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: It's time for the Affiliation Shuffle Again

Re: It's time for the Affiliation Shuffle Again

Really no reason to not have this already wrapped up especially with the local newspaper addressing the issue. None at this point with the options remaining.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'd be all for a move to Jackson. I'd definately go there more often to watch games. It is a nice park and they do draw some good crowds. Was wondering why 19 says noone wants to play there? The family always enjoys themselves when we attend.

My understanding in that Jackson had always been one of the "you're stuck with them" franchises of the Southern League. I think Huntsville was always the "last resort" (kind of like Bakersfield). But now that Huntsville has become Biloxi, Jackson may be considered the shortest stick. 19 will know better.

Seriously.... Pensacola is a crown jewel among franchises and we are lucky to have them. If we screw this up and lose them so we can drive guys to AAA rather than fly them.....
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

5. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (07-01-2016),texasdave (07-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    My understanding in that Jackson had always been one of the "you're stuck with them" franchises of the Southern League. I think Huntsville was always the "last resort" (kind of like Bakersfield). But now that Huntsville has become Biloxi, Jackson may be considered the shortest stick. 19 will know better.

Seriously.... Pensacola is a crown jewel among franchises and we are lucky to have them. If we screw this up and lose them so we can drive guys to AAA rather than fly them.....
    I'm sorry, but not following what you are saying.."stick"???. Why? Because it is in BFE Tennessee?

I am all for keeping Pensacola, and hope it works out for the Reds.

Sorry I should have said "straw"....the shortest straw. So I did a bit of research, and apparently Mobile is the "last resort" club in the Southern League. Jackson may not be far behind. In 2014 Seattle and Jackson renewed on the first day that teams could renew with another organization. My guess is Seattle and Tennessee looked around, saw no one else was interested and just stayed with "the devil they knew".

And they don't seem to be in a hurry this time either. I assume being in BFE plays a factor.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Amenities are lacking in Jackson. Mobile has drainage issues that cause numerous rainouts.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Amenities are lacking in Jackson. Mobile has drainage issues that cause numerous rainouts.
    What amenities?....Like I said, they draw a good crowd, and the experience for the family has always been top notch. Yeah it may be a small town AA wise, but it, and the stadium are far from a '****-hole', imo.

When talking amenities with a stadium it's not the stuff fans enjoy but rather players. How big is the locker room and workout room. Is the playing surface level ? Can more then two players take batting practice in the batting cages at the same time ? Is housing easy to find with and without host families ? Housing is expensive in Pensacola.

A little birdie told me Wahoos are having a media announcement around August 13-16 announcing something. It could be a PDC extension announcement with Reds.

11. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-25-2016),OnBaseMachine (07-25-2016),SirFelixCat (07-26-2016),texasdave (07-25-2016),Tom Servo (07-25-2016)

Reds brass in house to announce PDC extension with Reds. Looks like 4 years.
    Last edited by 19braves77; 08-12-2016 at 06:11 PM.

13. Likes:

BillDoran (08-12-2016),Edd Roush (08-13-2016),mace (08-12-2016),NC Reds (08-12-2016),OnBaseMachine (08-12-2016),RiverRat13 (08-12-2016),Tom Servo (08-12-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Reds brass in house to announce PDC extension with Reds. Looks like 4 years.
    Yet do they serve wings of gold at the ballpark?

Wanted: Big Red Mechanic

Robert Stephenson should be cut. That's just unconscious knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Yet do they serve wings of gold at the ballpark?

Sadly the wings at the park have no sauce options.

16. Likes:

Hoosier Red (08-14-2016)

I'm glad about the news because I'd love to catch a game in Pensacola at some point, it looks like a great ballpark.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm glad about the news because I'd love to catch a game in Pensacola at some point, it looks like a great ballpark.
    I was in FL a few weeks ago for family stuff, and took a jaunt over to Pensacola and it is a lovely park. I'd happily post some pictures but can't upload them for some reason.
    Last edited by WrongVerb; 08-13-2016 at 11:42 AM.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I was there a few weeks ago, too. They had not yet rotated the ballpark.

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I was there a few weeks ago, too. They had not yet rotated the ballpark.
    Ha ha :P
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Turn Off Ads?