Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016-17 NBA Season

Re: 2016-17 NBA Season

DeRozan staying in Toronto. Man of his word. 5/$139m
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-01-2016 at 02:21 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    IMO, that would be a bad move, as he's injury prone. Let his hometown Magic take that risk.

Marvin Williams or Luol Deng can give you similar production for less that half of Parsons' price tag. Also, don't sleep on your rookie, Jake Layman - same height, build and skillset as Parsons.
    Two surgeries on the right knee in the last year for Parsons. I think they are putting a lot into the fact that Batum could never guard the guy...the only guy Batum could never guard,...but that was befor the two surgeries. I think Paul Allen is in on this, as he was in LA to meet with Parsons (including Dame, who rapped a new song for him, Stotts, who said he can shoot all the three's he wants to, and Olshey, who threw the Max at him). Wouldn't be my choice. Don't like the idea of relying on a player coming off of multiple knee surgeries on the same knee when we still need a defensive Center. If it's with the intent to get a quick, quality FA signed "before" a meeting with Howard or Whiteside, then sure. But, that's risky. At least they are trying.

The money being tossed around is stupid. Lin offered $14M per.

If Parsons does sign with Portland, that's another 3-pt shooter to spread the floor, but where's the D?
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-01-2016 at 02:39 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Mozgov was for $21M x 4. Lakers are stupid.
    I can see Mozgov as a decent buy at that price. That's only $5.25 million per--

Oh, you mean per season.

Nevermind.

(The Lakers did sign Clarkson to a relatively cheap contract, so there's that.)

LA's depth chart isn't so bad:
    Russell PG
    Clarkson/ Lou Williams PG
    Ingram/ Anthony Brown SF
    Randle/ Nance, Jr. PF
    Mozgov/ Hibbert C

Randle, Clarkson, and Russell are all exceptionally good passers. Ingram will be, eventually. Some nice, cheap talent there.

_______

On a serious note, I love Lin's contract with Brooklyn. He's a near All-Star if he can play as a ball-dominant PG, and Brooklyn will allow just that. He's improved his outside shooting over the past couple of year and is still fearless driving to the hoop.

Nice pick-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    On a serious note, I love Lin's contract with Brooklyn. He's a near All-Star if he can play as a ball-dominant PG, and Brooklyn will allow just that. He's improved his outside shooting over the past couple of year and is still fearless driving to the hoop.

Nice pick-up.
    I do like Lin...but damnit, I really wanted Rondo.

JARRETT JACK ‏@Jarrettjack03 25m25 minutes ago
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
    Jarrett Jack doesn't sound too impressed, but I thought he was pretty lousy as our PG/Lionel Hollins' muse, so he can pound sand.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I do like Lin...but damnit, I really wanted Rondo.
    Step off on Rondo. He's a King, yo.

Speaking of, I like that the Kings are targeting secondary guys in free agency. Courtney Lee would be a fine addition as a wing shooter. Ryan Anderson? Cool. Even if he can't play defense, I can dig it. I can even squint and see playoffs Dion being a decent fit for a young team.

That said, if it were me, I'd dangle Rudy Gay as a really nice trade piece for young wing shooters. Gay's turned in three near All-Star seasons in Sacramento. And wings are as rare as hen's teeth in free agency. His contract is relatively cheap in today's market as well. He'd be a fine piece for any team looking to win now.

Pacers sign Al Jefferson, and Charlotte keeps Batum.

Both of those are solid moves, IMO.

Jefferson can provide a stable influence on Pacers' big guys and help (in limited minutes).

Batum's a good player with a wide range of skills. He, Walker, and Kidd-Gilchrist are a nice blend of talent. They need a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Pacers sign Al Jefferson, and Charlotte keeps Batum.

Both of those are solid moves, IMO.

Jefferson can provide a stable influence on Pacers' big guys and help (in limited minutes).

Batum's a good player with a wide range of skills. He, Walker, and Kidd-Gilchrist are a nice blend of talent. They need a shooter.
    I don't dislike the Pacers signing of Al Jefferson, but they're sending mixed signals.

Publicly, Bird has been outspoken in his desire to go up-tempo. Then he canned Frank Vogel, moved George Hill and brought in Jeff Teague and Thad Young.

He's also moved Nate McMillan to the first chair and now added Al Jefferson. I can't think of a coach and a player less likely to be "up-tempo." Perhaps McMillan has changed his stripes since his days in Portland and they got a good buy on Jefferson, but it'll be interesting to see the product in action this season.

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-01-2016)

Wow, OJ Mayo got kicked out the NBA.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

For two years.

Man. At least the guy's made around $40 million in his career, but Milwaukee's had Mayo and Larry Sanders.

Smoke and fire.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

A reminder of one of, if not THE, best T-Wolves trades...The '08 draft night deal sending - according to many analysts at the time - the "cant miss" Mayo to Memphis and the "questionable ceiling" Love to Minny.

This(Mayo's situation) is a real shame, though.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

13. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-01-2016)

Waiters is "locked in" for Sacatomato.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    I don't dislike the Pacers signing of Al Jefferson, but they're sending mixed signals.

Publicly, Bird has been outspoken in his desire to go up-tempo. Then he canned Frank Vogel, moved George Hill and brought in Jeff Teague and Thad Young.

He's also moved Nate McMillan to the first chair and now added Al Jefferson. I can't think of a coach and a player less likely to be "up-tempo." Perhaps McMillan has changed his stripes since his days in Portland and they got a good buy on Jefferson, but it'll be interesting to see the product in action this season.
    I'm still shocked that Pritchard would have anything to do with Nate as a HC. I find it extremely difficult that Nate can change his philosophy. He's really good at the talk, "We're going to run this year", but give him all gazelle's and he'd find a way to isolate his best shot-creator. Paul George is going to once again be asked to do everything while everyone else gets to stand around and watch.

Someone please post the team's iso percentage after each month (Portland, for example, is far and away the least iso team in the league at less than 5%).

Nate's favorite style of PG is Steve Blake.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-01-2016 at 02:12 PM.

Bayless just got $27M for 3 years from the Bucks.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

The 76ers, actually. I like what Bryan Colangelo, so far, has done. Even above the Simmons choice, he also picked two lottery value talents late in the first round. Bayless is a great value.

I still believe that the Allen Crabbe for Nerlens Noel trade idea makes sense for both teams.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-01-2016)

Sixers actually.

Turn Off Ads?