Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Changes at Frisch's

Changes at Frisch's

As long as they keep the Vanilla Pepsi and the cheese steak sandwiches, I'm good.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/35358...hanges-frischs
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Changes at Frisch's

4. Likes:

BillDoran (07-07-2016)

http://www.thefoodhussy.com/2016/07/...-makeover.html

Pictures in the Covington remodel.

No plans to switch back to Coke from Pepsi just yet either.

Their chili is my favorite and I can kill me some Big Boys and Hot Fudge cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

They've like completely remodeled that Covington location like 3 times in the past 5 years, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    "Buy a man a salad from Panara and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to to toss a salad and you feed him for a lifetime."

Looks like an Applebees and a Dennys had an ugly baby.
    Go Gators!

8. Likes:

CincyDave (07-18-2016),westofyou (07-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Looks like an Applebees and a Dennys had an ugly baby.

The quality of Frisch's needs a boost. Their breakfast bar used to be top notch for the money and now there are some items that just plain are not edible such as the eggs. I don't know where they come from; some sort of powder or what but they're horrible. They rarely have blueberries anymore; nor corn nuggets (a favorite of my kid). The sausage and bacon quality is also lacking.

I remember 30-45 minute waits to eat at frischs as a kid on the west side of Hamilton... Apparently Craig Maier still owns that location and it's one if not the most profitable locations for Frischs
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

I worked at the Athens Frisch's in my sophomore year at Ohio U. I existed a whole school year eating 2 Big Boys, onion rings, and a chocolate milk shake for my one meal a day. Every. Day.

Believe it or not, about once every couple months, I still get a Big Boy (extra sauce on the side) and onion rings. No milk shake though. Got to keep my svelte figure.

The motel of lost companions,
    Waits with heated pool and bar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I worked at the Athens Frisch's in my sophomore year at Ohio U. I existed a whole school year eating 2 Big Boys, onion rings, and a chocolate milk shake for my one meal a day. Every. Day.

Believe it or not, about once every couple months, I still get a Big Boy (extra sauce on the side) and onion rings. No milk shake though. Got to keep my svelte figure.
    You and me both!...but I do get the platter and add cole slaw so I've got my salad covered

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The quality of Frisch's needs a boost. Their breakfast bar used to be top notch for the money and now there are some items that just plain are not edible such as the eggs. I don't know where they come from; some sort of powder or what but they're horrible. They rarely have blueberries anymore; nor corn nuggets (a favorite of my kid). The sausage and bacon quality is also lacking.
    When I was in college, I worked at a big boy. AT the time, the scrambled eggs for the bar came in cartoons like milk, labeled "egg byproduct". Looked like it was just yolks mixed together.
    No idea what they do today, but there's always pressure to reduce cost of food, and it often gets to the point of getting so cheap that it is not edible, as you say.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for bringing winning baseball back to Cincy -- it was nice while it lasted..

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    They built a Frisch's here about 15 years ago. It lasted maybe 2 years before it went out. The service was terrible, but the breakfast bar was worse.

The building has gone through various ownership changes since then, and is now a Mexican restaurant.

I have to admit though (going back to my youth) ... I've always loved a Big Boy platter.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?