Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I am upseet with the reds

Re: I am upseet with the reds

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    The reds traded Todd Fraizer And the reds keep losing. He needs to be with the reds.
    Michelle
    Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Then why did the reds not make it to the play offs
    Because they had the worst pitching in the National League and only an average offense. Todd Frazier wasn't fixing the pitching, or the offense.

4. Likes:

Old school 1983 (10-31-2017)

Taking all things into consideration(salary, performance, years of control):

Jose Peraza + Scott Schebler > Todd Frazier

Hard to believe anyone is still willing to debate this one.......

6. Likes:

Old school 1983 (10-31-2017)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Just call the dogs off once in a while and perform a bit of indulgence, eh?

This thread is not another referendum on the Frazier deal. I would hope that would be obvious.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

8. Likes:

marcshoe (10-31-2017),membengal (10-31-2017),redsfanmia (10-31-2017),Roy Tucker (11-01-2017),Tom Servo (10-31-2017)

How many threads were there like this on Astros boards a few years ago, on Cubs boards a few years before that, and on Royals boards a few years before that? Rebuilds are inevitable, even for big market teams, they just take longer for small market teams and teams that are starting from nothing. Now the Reds weren't starting from nothing, if they draft well, make smart decisions, and figure out how to develop pitchers, they could be very good soon.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Haunted by walks

The original poster seems like a sweet person. I bet we can all remember how we felt when a favorite player was traded (Vada Pinson). Even when it makes baseball sense.

11. Likes:

919191 (11-02-2017),bounty37h (11-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    The original poster seems like a sweet person. I bet we can all remember how we felt when a favorite player was traded (Vada Pinson). Even when it makes baseball sense.
    Yep I was mad when they traded Lee May after the 71 season. That turned out pretty good.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

13. Likes:

Rantly (11-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    How many threads were there like this on Astros boards a few years ago, on Cubs boards a few years before that, and on Royals boards a few years before that? Rebuilds are inevitable, even for big market teams, they just take longer for small market teams and teams that are starting from nothing. Now the Reds weren't starting from nothing, if they draft well, make smart decisions, and figure out how to develop pitchers, they could be very good soon.
    If only.

Both Chicago and Houston have augmented their rebuilds by spend a bunch of money. They were big markets that pretended to be small markets and then came out of the weeds.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

16. Likes:

Old school 1983 (11-02-2017)

Why I mentioned the Royals, too, also should have mentioned the Indians, they came so close last year, and still look to be a great team heading into next season, would anyone be surprised if they won it next year?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Why I mentioned the Royals, too, also should have mentioned the Indians, they came so close last year, and still look to be a great team heading into next season, would anyone be surprised if they won it next year?
    ALC is going to be terrible next year, so yeah CLE has better odds than many.

IMO, Cleveland is the general blueprint the Reds should be following ... if they're going to follow a blueprint. KC moved some serious prospects (notably Myers, Odorizzi and Montgomery in one fell swoop). Got a feeling neither the Reds nor most of the people here have the stomach for that.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Ups and downs and heartache and excitement are the fate of a baseball fan. You wish that your team would always be great but life just isn't like that. The valleys makes the peaks even sweeter.

My disappointment was the 1982 Reds and the subsequent seasons. From the mid-60's through '81, the Reds had quite the run. I got spoiled. I thought playoffs were a given. I didn't realize how precious that time was.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

21. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-02-2017),M2 (11-02-2017),Ron Madden (11-02-2017)

It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart.

23. Likes:

Chip R (11-02-2017),Roy Tucker (11-02-2017)

It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart.
    What was I thinking when I said hello?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

25. Likes:

Roy Tucker (11-02-2017)

Turn Off Ads?