Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Results 196 to 210 of 210

Thread: Alfredo Rodriguez

  1. #196
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    38,628

    Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Chadwick Tromp effect.

    16 HR in 1126 PA’s before being called up to Louisville this year.

    Since then: 7 HR in 41 PA’s at Louisville.
    Chadwick Tromp was always going to bust out because he's not so secretly the coolest human on the planet.

    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  2. Likes:

    BuckeyeRedleg (08-07-2019),mace (08-07-2019),OGB (08-07-2019),podgejeff_ (08-07-2019),Revering4Blue (09-05-2019)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #197
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,998

    Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Can you really call most of them pitchers?
    Belly itchers?

  5. Likes:

    Hobbes (09-06-2019)

  6. #198
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,147

    Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

    Whatever AlfRod appeared to learn in Chattanooga seems to have been forgotten in Louisville. In 88 PA, he posted a .169/.261/.221 slashline. Don't think anybody ever go too high on him -- and he can turn it around again next year -- but the narrative that he figured something out this season seems to be off the mark.

  7. #199
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    32,276

    Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

    Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Whatever AlfRod appeared to learn in Chattanooga seems to have been forgotten in Louisville. In 88 PA, he posted a .169/.261/.221 slashline. Don't think anybody ever go too high on him -- and he can turn it around again next year -- but the narrative that he figured something out this season seems to be off the mark.
    I’m still impressed with his Chattanooga line overall, if only because the expectations were so low. But yeah I’m not terribly surprised he came apart in AAA.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

  8. #200
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    South Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    4,487

    Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

    AlfRod has taken a step back in AAA, but I do not think we should write off 436 AA solid PAs because of 88 AAA bad PAs. It is not like he is striking out like crazy in AAA, but he definitely has to start hitting the ball harder and getting back to hitting line drives if he wants to sustain any success in AAA, let alone the bigs.

  9. Likes:

    DocRed (09-06-2019),REDREAD (09-05-2019)

  10. #201
    Member texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    17,378

    Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

    A .672 OPS over 436 AA PAs is not solid. That placed Rodriguez below the league average. Throw in the fact that it was a 25-year-old in AA, and a likely unsustainable .350 BABIP, and it's hard to see any light at the end of the hitting tunnel for Alfredo.

  11. Likes:

    BoxingRed (09-10-2019),HokieRed (09-05-2019),M2 (09-05-2019)

  12. #202
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    South Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    4,487

    Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    A .672 OPS over 436 AA PAs is not solid. That placed Rodriguez below the league average. Throw in the fact that it was a 25-year-old in AA, and a likely unsustainable .350 BABIP, and it's hard to see any light at the end of the hitting tunnel for Alfredo.
    His wRC+ was 96 so while he was techically below average, he was very close to average. Close to average is my definition of solid.

  13. Likes:

    REDREAD (09-05-2019)

  14. #203
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    38,628

    Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

    Also, dropped down to a .300 BABIP in AA his line would have been .254/.296/.315, which is terrible.
    Last edited by M2; 09-05-2019 at 09:58 PM.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  15. #204
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    27,141

    Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

    Alf Rod showed progress this year. Not concerned about AAA performance. Late season promotions sometimes go that way. Big test will be next season at AAA.

  16. Likes:

    REDREAD (09-09-2019)

  17. #205
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    87

    Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

    Hate to hit anybody with a Jose Peraza, but Alf will need to make serious strides just to catch up with "No Walk, Jose", and most of us will agree that we would like Peraza in a different uniform next spring.

  18. #206
    Member Z-Fly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,394

    Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

    I guess the real question is, is the guy's defense really that good?
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

  19. Likes:

    Edd Roush (09-06-2019),REDREAD (09-09-2019)

  20. #207
    Moderator Kinsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,720

    Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

    Quote Originally Posted by Rece Tyler View Post
    Hate to hit anybody with a Jose Peraza, but Alf will need to make serious strides just to catch up with "No Walk, Jose", and most of us will agree that we would like Peraza in a different uniform next spring.
    I want Peraza on the Reds bench come April.

  21. Likes:

    Old school 1983 (09-17-2019),REDREAD (09-09-2019),Stingray (09-06-2019)

  22. #208
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    38,628

    Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    I guess the real question is, is the guy's defense really that good?
    As some who've been around this board from its early days may recall, I've got a guy in Chattanooga. He's a Lookouts fans. Goes to every game. Only cares about MLB inasmuch as former Lookouts play in the bigs. Known him for a long time and I trust his eye for talent. You don't have to, but he had a pretty keen eye for Reds prospects back in the 2000s.

    His take on Rodriguez's defense is he doesn't cover a lot of ground. He's sort of an average defensive AA SS but with good polish (e.g. doesn't make a lot of mistakes). If you look at his range numbers (sub-4.00 per 9 innings), it backs up that take. Direct quote - "Nick Gordon was better."
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  23. Likes:

    RED VAN HOT (09-08-2019),texasdave (09-06-2019),Z-Fly (09-09-2019)

  24. #209
    Someday Never Comes mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,649

    Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

    NM
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

  25. #210
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,448

    Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    As some who've been around this board from its early days may recall, I've got a guy in Chattanooga. He's a Lookouts fans. Goes to every game. Only cares about MLB inasmuch as former Lookouts play in the bigs. Known him for a long time and I trust his eye for talent. You don't have to, but he had a pretty keen eye for Reds prospects back in the 2000s.

    His take on Rodriguez's defense is he doesn't cover a lot of ground. He's sort of an average defensive AA SS but with good polish (e.g. doesn't make a lot of mistakes). If you look at his range numbers (sub-4.00 per 9 innings), it backs up that take. Direct quote - "Nick Gordon was better."
    Sounds like the Reds didn't do their homework on him. That's not consistent with their explanations for why they signed him


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator