Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Dilson Herrera

Re: Dilson Herrera

Being out of options, I'm guessing 60 DDL to start next year.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Being out of options, I'm guessing 60 DDL to start next year.
    Doubtful. If he's not hurt they aren't going to put him on the 60-day DL. And as far as I've seen, and someone better correct me if I'm wrong, there's no reason too think he will miss spring training next year because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Doubtful. If he's not hurt they aren't going to put him on the 60-day DL. And as far as I've seen, and someone better correct me if I'm wrong, there's no reason too think he will miss spring training next year because of this.
    IIRC, we also thought he'd be ready to roll in ST this season. Dilson seems to have Schrodinger's Shoulder. It seems to exist in the quantum state where it is both injured and not injured.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

RedlegJake (07-28-2017),WrongVerb (07-27-2017)

If Gennett is the starting second baseman next year, it could create a role for Herrera -- if he's healthy by then.

He could platoon (roughly, not necessarily every time) against lefties, pinch hit. He's limited in terms of position, but if the Reds can carry Stuart Turner, they can carry Herrera.

And during the season, if he's ever under the weather, Herrera could get some more minor league time in a rehab stint.

His lack of options isn't ideal, but it's not a horrendous problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    SS? that's a whole 'nother matter.
    Isn't it ironic that at the position that the Reds basically have no one in the Minor Leagues who is going to be ready to be an MLB starter in the next three years, they actually have a current MLB all star playing that position, yet a majority of fans want that all star gone?

8. Likes:

mth123 (07-28-2017),TRF (07-28-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    Isn't it ironic that at the position that the Reds basically have no one in the Minor Leagues who is going to be ready to be an MLB starter in the next three years, they actually have a current MLB all star playing that position, yet a majority of fans want that all star gone?
    I don't think most people want Cozart gone but rather they realize that the odds the Reds will resign him after the season are low. I think there are at least some of us who have said we are in favor of a 2/3 year deal but the thought is that Cozart and the Reds will be unable to come to an agreement.

10. Likes:

RiverRat13 (07-27-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    IIRC, we also thought he'd be ready to roll in ST this season. Dilson seems to have Schrodinger's Shoulder. It seems to exist in the quantum state where it is both injured and not injured.
    Dilson Herrera WAS ready to roll in ST this season. Then he got injured making throws from third base, a position he's never played before.

If he gets hurt in the spring next year, sure, the 60-day is an option. But there's no reason to think that's something that is going to be happening at this point in time.

Dilson Herrera WAS ready to roll in ST this season. Then he got injured making throws from third base, a position he's never played before.

If he gets hurt in the spring next year, sure, the 60-day is an option. But there's no reason to think that's something that is going to be happening at this point in time.
    Exactly, he was ready until he wasn't. Dude gets too many shoulder injuries to take his health for granted.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (08-04-2017)

Exactly, he was ready until he wasn't. Dude gets too many shoulder injuries to take his health for granted.
    There's a difference between thinking "let's not count on him" if I'm the Reds management and saying "he's going to start the year on the 60-day DL".

There's a difference between thinking "let's not count on him" if I'm the Reds management and saying "he's going to start the year on the 60-day DL".
    I'm in the "let's not count on him" camp.

I'm in the "let's not count on him" camp.
    I think a lot of people are. But that's a far cry from declaring he's going to start 2017 on the 60-day disabled list when there's nothing at all that suggest he shouldn't be ready to start spring training on time.

I think trying to say TODAY what his status will be in February is silly, healthy or hurt.

I'm saying dude has been lapped by three guys at least, and that Scooter, barring any trade, has cemented the job for himself in 2018. Plus, head to head, Herrera vs Blandino... Not certain if both are healthy which guy I'd prefer.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I think a lot of people are. But that's a far cry from declaring he's going to start 2017 on the 60-day disabled list when there's nothing at all that suggest he shouldn't be ready to start spring training on time.
    It was a guess. His 2 plus years of shoulder issues makes it an educated guess.

"Nothing at all to suggest he won't be ready for spring training." - now that's a declaration that could be debated.

19. Likes:

M2 (07-28-2017),REDREAD (08-04-2017),Sea Ray (07-28-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    It was a guess. His 2 plus years of shoulder issues makes it an educated guess.

"Nothing at all to suggest he won't be ready for spring training." - now that's a declaration that could be debated.
    I don't know when guessing became taboo around here and I don't know what's considered a guess anymore. If someone wants to make a prediction like a 60 day DL, fine. What's the problem? Apparently guesses that a guy will regress based upon something like BABIP is still kosher.

I think there's plenty of reason to suggest he won't be ready physically to start the 2018 season. It's called setbacks. There's plenty of reason to believe that everything will not go perfectly in his rehab. We've all seen it many times before. Scar tissue, shoulder needs to build up strength and a myriad of other things.

Sea Ray will make this prediction:

He'll begin the 2018 season on the 10 day DL. Of course those 10 days could turn into more but my guess is they'll put him there so that they're sure he's ready for a full season.

21. Likes:

REDREAD (08-04-2017)

Because guessing that someone starts the year on the 60-day DL when there's no reason at all to believe they will be injured in 9 months is weird.

Turn Off Ads?