Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ads make the site freeze up

ads make the site freeze up

Its been going on for a couple months now. There is a script that hangs at some point. I've tried Chrome and Firefox, same result. The ad starts playing and it freezes the webpage.

Is this happening to anyone else?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Likes:

BillDoran (08-20-2016),Will M (08-20-2016)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ads make the site freeze up

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Its been going on for a couple months now. There is a script that hangs at some point. I've tried Chrome and Firefox, same result. The ad starts playing and it freezes the webpage.

Is this happening to anyone else?
    Me too.

It's remarkably infuriating.

5. Likes:

Will M (08-20-2016)

in the last few weeks multiple times the under armour (I'm not sure if this is the right spelling) ad is playing when I click on a thread it takes me to the ad. I can't read any posts. every time I try all I get is the ad. and I'm really not that interested in athletic wear.

- Brett

It happens to me too, and it's only this site. I finally had to install an ad blocker, or it would be freezing IE constantly. Oddly enough though, I have to turn off the ad blocker temporarily to quote posts; there must be something in the script that makes quoted text appear as a popup.

if I come to redszone and see the Under Armour ad then it doesn't matter if I click on a forum/thread or leave Redszone to go to a new site: whatever I do (except to close the browser) opens up the Under Armour ad.
    its a bit Under Handed.

- Brett

Didn't want to start a new thread, thought this one might be appropriate.

Lately, on mobile when viewing the site, I'm getting a POP UP ad on Reds Zone telling me to install the latest version of Adobe Flash for Android.

Pretty sure Adobe stopped making flash for Android more than a few years ago. Which makes me wonder about the intentions of the pop up, maybe its trying to install something malicious. If I get it again, I'll take a screen shot and try to upload it. But it concerns me because Flash hasn't been supported on Android since shortly after my very first smartphone back in around 2011/12.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Didn't want to start a new thread, thought this one might be appropriate.

Lately, on mobile when viewing the site, I'm getting a POP UP ad on Reds Zone telling me to install the latest version of Adobe Flash for Android.

Pretty sure Adobe stopped making flash for Android more than a few years ago. Which makes me wonder about the intentions of the pop up, maybe its trying to install something malicious. If I get it again, I'll take a screen shot and try to upload it. But it concerns me because Flash hasn't been supported on Android since shortly after my very first smartphone back in around 2011/12.
    Please do - I'm curious as to where that popup is coming from.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170725-185710.png 
Views:	239 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	12686
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Name:	Screenshot_20170725-185906.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	161.4 KB 
ID:	12687

Name:	Screenshot_20170725-185916.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	214.3 KB 
ID:	12688

-Hunter S. Thompson

Couldn't get this to show up since I last posted, now it's popped up about a half dozen times in the last few minutes.

-Hunter S. Thompson

Name:	Screenshot_20170725-185710.png 
Views:	239 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	12686
    Is anyone else getting this message on desktop or mobile? Before I really start digging into it, I want to be positive it's coming from the site (or one of the ad networks the site uses).

I can tell you that I visit a handful of sites regularly on my phone.. Baseball America, Baseball Prospectus, Rotoworld.com, fangraphs, various music websites, etc. I do not encounter this on any other web page but RedsZone. I even had something redirect me entirely to another page the other day when in the political forum. No issues with other websites. Scanned or virus, cleared cookies and cache.. etc.. Nothing found on my phone.

-Hunter S. Thompson

I can tell you that I visit a handful of sites regularly on my phone.. Baseball America, Baseball Prospectus, Rotoworld.com, fangraphs, various music websites, etc. I do not encounter this on any other web page but RedsZone. I even had something redirect me entirely to another page the other day when in the political forum. No issues with other websites. Scanned or virus, cleared cookies and cache.. etc.. Nothing found on my phone.
    Understood - I'm certainly not saying this is coming from somewhere or something else, but it would help me to know if anyone else is seeing the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Understood - I'm certainly not saying this is coming from somewhere or something else, but it would help me to know if anyone else is seeing the same issue.
    Sure thing. I just wanted to provide as much information as possible about my personal circumstances. ��

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?