Turn Off Ads?
Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1094

Thread: SEC Football Discussion #6

Re: SEC Football Discussion #6

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    It's been an abject failure only once: Auburn in '08. And that, IMHO, was due to the fact that the team was ill-equipped to transition to such an offense in one season -- similar to the Pro-Set fiasco during Chizek's last season.

The Air Raid has literally lifted UK back to relevance in two instances (Mumme and Stoops), and hasn't exactly been a failure in College Station or (so far) Oxford. What A&M is running now under OC Noel Mezzone (sp?) is a modified version of an Air Raid, and a far cry from the system in place with Manziel at QB.

All told, A&M fans are delusional if they expect more than 8 wins per season. While it's certainly one of the 25 best CFB jobs -- The entire SEC sans Mizzou, UK, Vandy and the Mississippi schools are represented as Top 25 jobs based upon factors such as resources, fan support and recruiting base -- the Texas A&M job falls considerably behind other SEC jobs, such as "Bama, Auburn and Florida. And even within it's own state, Texas is still by far the better job, and that's not going to change.
    That was a jump the shark moment for Tubs. The Tigers beat MSU 3-2 that season. Still that team could've easily have been 9-3 that season but really, Tubs had kind of peaked in '06 and it was clear that he was starting to slide especially with recruiting. While Chizik rode Tubs' coattails to a NC by adding a couple of key JUCOs and a young gun OC to the mix, it was ultimately the "Tubby bubble" (the last two recruiting classes under Tubs) that got Chizik fired as despite outstanding recruiting under Chizik, top 10 recruiting classes couldn't compensate for a lack of experience/leadership in '11 and '12 created by the huge attrition from Tub's last few classes.
    Last edited by jojo; 11-07-2017 at 02:10 AM.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-07-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    It's been an abject failure only once: Auburn in '08. And that, IMHO, was due to the fact that the team was ill-equipped to transition to such an offense in one season -- similar to the Pro-Set fiasco during Chizek's last season.

The Air Raid has literally lifted UK back to relevance in two instances (Mumme and Stoops), and hasn't exactly been a failure in College Station or (so far) Oxford. What A&M is running now under OC Noel Mezzone (sp?) is a modified version of an Air Raid, and a far cry from the system in place with Manziel at QB.

All told, A&M fans are delusional if they expect more than 8 wins per season. While it's certainly one of the 25 best CFB jobs -- The entire SEC sans Mizzou, UK, Vandy and the Mississippi schools are represented as Top 25 jobs based upon factors such as resources, fan support and recruiting base -- the Texas A&M job falls considerably behind other SEC jobs, such as "Bama, Auburn and Florida. And even within it's own state, Texas is still by far the better job, and that's not going to change.
    The air raid did not work under Stoops and he abandoned it. UK never went to a bowl game with Neal Brown as offensive coordinator (although the cupboard was bare when he took over) and Shannon Dawson, a Holgorsen disciple, was a complete failure.

UK basically has a run first team in Eddie Gran now and while I dislike the conservativeness of the offense as it has cost Kentucky two games this year, the air raid was not the answer.

Iíll admit I donít follow Texas A&M that much but Sumlin has been on the hot seat forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Dare to dream.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Dare to dream.
    Itís pretty much been buried by ESPN so thereís that.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Under the rug it goes.
    Go Gators!

Never bought the rationale for ranking Georgia ahead of Alabama, committee looking silly today.
    ďI donít care,Ē Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. ďHeís in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.Ē

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Never bought the rationale for ranking Georgia ahead of Alabama, committee looking silly today.
    HA HA. Committee was just fine with uga. WAR EAGLE.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    HA HA. Committee was just fine with uga. WAR EAGLE.
    I'm not putting down Auburn, that was a huge and impressive win. I just never bought at any point this season that Alabama wasn't #1 in the country.
    ďI donít care,Ē Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. ďHeís in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.Ē

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-11-2017)

I'm not putting down Auburn, that was a huge and impressive win. I just never bought at any point this season that Alabama wasn't #1 in the country.
    They were ranked 1 and 2 with uga getting the higher nod because of their "road" win against ND. I'm not sure 1 and 2 was even meaningfully different.

Bama is banged up. I know some 15%ers that lost sleep over tonights game with state.

Impressive win by Auburn. Dare I say that they control their own destiny even as a 2 loss team? If they win out I don't know how they're not in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    Impressive win by Auburn. Dare I say that they control their own destiny even as a 2 loss team? If they win out I don't know how they're not in the playoffs.
    I imagine they will be in if they win out...but if Wisky, ND, Clemson and OU win out it could be a problem.

I find it strange that on the fly we just switch from the Coaches/AP poll to the committee poll mid-season.

18. Likes:

Tom Servo (11-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I imagine they will be in if they win out...but if Wisky, ND, Clemson and OU win out it could be a problem.
    I suppose that's true, they probably do need a little help.

Very good possibility after this evening three of the top four teams lose. Mississippi State is dominating Alabama right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn Off Ads?