Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Wildcats 2016-2017 Thread

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Kentucky Wildcats 2016-2017 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Kyle Macy was on that team. We appreciate you sending him this way.
    I didnt send him your way. That dumbass coach from Purdue did. My Dad still *****es about it 'til this day(Purdue grad)!

But I was thinking there was another....perhaps not.
    Last edited by Assembly Hall; 12-02-2016 at 09:37 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I didnt send him your way. That dumbass coach from Purdue did. My Dad still *****es about it 'til this day(Purdue grad)!

But I was thinking there was another....perhaps not.
    Nope. I went back and checked and he was the only one from Indiana on that team. You may be thinking of Jim Masters who came along a few years later.

I recently listened to a podcast in which Macy was interviewed and he was asked about this. He said he didn't decide on his college choice until late May. UK wanted a decision sooner than that and pulled away. Also UK was under a scholarship limitation of three that year for some sort NCAA rules violation. Macy said he was going be stuck behind some other guards at Purdue and generally wasn't happy there so he decided to transfer to UK. I doubt he has ever regretted that. He was the most popular player at the time. Many kids from that era are named Kyle because of him. He is my favorite player of all time at UK too. He gelled that 78 team. Without him they probably wouldn't have won it all, IMO.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Nope. I went back and checked and he was the only one from Indiana on that team. You may be thinking of Jim Masters who came along a few years later.

I recently listened to a podcast in which Macy was interviewed and he was asked about this. He said he didn't decide on his college choice until late May. UK wanted a decision sooner than that and pulled away. Also UK was under a scholarship limitation of three that year for some sort NCAA rules violation. Macy said he was going be stuck behind some other guards at Purdue and generally wasn't happy there so he decided to transfer to UK. I doubt he has ever regretted that. He was the most popular player at the time. Many kids from that era are named Kyle because of him. He is my favorite player of all time at UK too. He gelled that 78 team. Without him they probably wouldn't have won it all, IMO.
    Well some interesting stuff you said about Macy. Not how I remembered his lone season at Purdue at all. Yes they were guard heavy. They had Bruce Parkinson, Eugene Parker, and Jerry Sichting. Parkinson and Parker would have graduated in '77. Sichting in '79. But I remember Kyle starting for the Boilers in '76 and I am pretty sure his scoring average was in double figures. My Dad blames Fred Schaus for running him from Boilerville.

I knew about Master, he is from my neck of the woods. Best shooter I ever saw in person. But he aint who I was thinking about. I am thinking it was a big guy, heck he might have been on the team with Master and I am getting Kyle and Jim mixed up?

Well some interesting stuff you said about Macy. Not how I remembered his lone season at Purdue at all. Yes they were guard heavy. They had Bruce Parkinson, Eugene Parker, and Jerry Sichting. Parkinson and Parker would have graduated in '77. Sichting in '79. But I remember Kyle starting for the Boilers in '76 and I am pretty sure his scoring average was in double figures. My Dad blames Fred Schaus for running him from Boilerville.

I knew about Master, he is from my neck of the woods. Best shooter I ever saw in person. But he aint who I was thinking about. I am thinking it was a big guy, heck he might have been on the team with Master and I am getting Kyle and Jim mixed up?
    Macy said in that podcast that the reason he started a lot that year was that one those guards got hurt. I believe he said it was Parkinson.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Not looking good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Wow!

Macy said in that podcast that the reason he started a lot that year was that one those guards got hurt. I believe he said it was Parkinson.
    Yes it was Parkinson, but as I said Parkinson and Parker graduated in '77. Schaus was an idiot, or Kyle's whole plan was to attend UK anyway?

https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky/...10000-donation

I was a year ahead of Jeff in high school. He lived down the street from me, and his mom was one of my English teachers.

UCLA is just getting revenge for the game they trailed UK 274-2 at halftime a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    UCLA is just getting revenge for the game they trailed UK 274-2 at halftime a couple years ago.
    UCLA is that good on offense and Kentucky got exposed for having no outside shooter other than Monk and an occasional Willis.

I'll never understand why Briscoe wasn't yanked for trying to drive the baseline. If Cal wants him to take more threes in those situations, he has a funny way of showing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Just a quick question for you UK fans.........have you ever been beaten at home when you were ranked #1.

Just a quick question for you UK fans.........have you ever been beaten at home when you were ranked #1.
    The record shows it's happened twice. In 55 and 88.

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/sta...rankukap1.html
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    The record shows it's happened twice. In 55 and 88.

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/sta...rankukap1.html
    Thanks dab!

That's what happens when you don't guard the three's well against a really good shooting team like UCLA. They will light you up. I will say UCLA looks to have a fantastic team. They seem well balanced and Ball is a sensational point guard. He may be the best in the country. UK just has a long way to go defensively. If they ever make it they will be a Final Four contender. Usually Cal's teams get a lot better after the holidays and I expect this one will too.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Yes it was Parkinson, but as I said Parkinson and Parker graduated in '77. Schaus was an idiot, or Kyle's whole plan was to attend UK anyway?
    I think he wanted to go to UK all along. But UK had some scholarship limitation of three at the time. So he went to Purdue and hoped for the best. When he got the chance he transferred. That's all speculation by me because he has never said exactly but I have read quotes in the past that hinted that by him.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?