Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yorman a free agent according to milb website

Yorman a free agent according to milb website

Maybe this has been posted before, but I found two websites that listed Yorman as a free agent. This one seems more "official"

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2016/ALL

November 7, 2016 CF Yorman Rodriguez elected free agency.
    October 28, 2016 Cincinnati Reds sent CF Yorman Rodriguez outright to Louisville Bats.

Looks like the Reds gave Yorman 1 rehab year (2016) and gave up on him due to lack of progress.
    It was speculated that Price was not a fan of Yorman, this kind of gives credibility to that, given that it would have been pretty easy to put Yorman on the roster over the winter.

It will be interesting to see where he ends up, and if he ever amounts to anything.
    Last edited by REDREAD; 11-14-2016 at 12:07 PM.
    Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Likes:

BillDoran (11-14-2016)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Yorman a free agent according to milb website

The reds have desperately needed outfielders the last couple of years and Yorman couldn't break through. Enough said.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (11-14-2016)

The entire list of Reds' farmhands that have opted for free agency: Thanks to Baseball America and Senor Gray.

Cincinnati Reds (20)
    RHP: Caleb Cotham (AAA), Dayan Diaz (AAA), Drew Hayes (AAA), Matt Magill (AAA), Tim Melville (AAA), A.J. Morris (AAA), El’Hajj Muhammad (AA), Kevin Shackelford (AAA), Pedro Villarreal (AAA)
    C: Chris Berset (AAA), Rafael Lopez (AAA)
    2B: Ronald Bueno (AA), Ray Chang (AA), Hernan Iribarren (AAA)
    3B: Jermaine Curtis (AAA)
    SS: Carlos Triunfel (AAA)
    OF: Juan Duran (Hi A), Donald Lutz (AAA), Yorman Rodriguez (AAA), Kyle Waldrop (AAA)

Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...q5hHSUjFFai.99

Basically nothing there I think we'll miss too much or can't easily replace with other team's mil FAs.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

8. Likes:

REDREAD (11-14-2016)

Schebler, Duvall, Hamilton, Winker, Aquino, free agency, trades, other sources of players.

Yorman didn't make the cut as a necessary piece of a future outfield. Happens.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The entire list of Reds' farmhands that have opted for free agency: Thanks to Baseball America and Senor Gray.

Cincinnati Reds (20)
    RHP: Caleb Cotham (AAA), Dayan Diaz (AAA), Drew Hayes (AAA), Matt Magill (AAA), Tim Melville (AAA), A.J. Morris (AAA), El’Hajj Muhammad (AA), Kevin Shackelford (AAA), Pedro Villarreal (AAA)
    C: Chris Berset (AAA), Rafael Lopez (AAA)
    2B: Ronald Bueno (AA), Ray Chang (AA), Hernan Iribarren (AAA)
    3B: Jermaine Curtis (AAA)
    SS: Carlos Triunfel (AAA)
    OF: Juan Duran (Hi A), Donald Lutz (AAA), Yorman Rodriguez (AAA), Kyle Waldrop (AAA)

Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...q5hHSUjFFai.99
    I am not going to get too upset about 45 PAs, but I thought it was stupid at the time giving Hernan those PAs when it could provide at least some experience/information about one of our younger guys. Now, after he elected FA, it further confirms the waste of those 45 PAs. I guess he could still come back, but I didn't understand it at the time and nothing changed today.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I still can't believe that the Reds chose to keep a few guys on the 40-man over Rodriguez. It may not ever really matter, but you can't convince me that several of those guys are likely to be more productive than he was.

12. Likes:

HokieRed (11-15-2016)

Could this be adios Ray Chang ?
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I still can't believe that the Reds chose to keep a few guys on the 40-man over Rodriguez. It may not ever really matter, but you can't convince me that several of those guys are likely to be more productive than he was.
    Speculation on my part, but you have to wonder if his personality rubbed some folks the wrong way. You'd think - all things equal - you'd take Yorman's potential over the likes of Tony Renda, Wandy Peralta, Ramon Cabrera (the very definition of fungible) or Steve Selsky.

What an anti-climatic end to such a divisive player.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (11-15-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Speculation on my part, but you have to wonder if his personality rubbed some folks the wrong way. You'd think - all things equal - you'd take Yorman's potential over the likes of Tony Renda, Wandy Peralta, Ramon Cabrera (the very definition of fungible) or Steve Selsky.

Maybe on slow days we can still argue about his value to his future team.

17. Likes:

BillDoran (11-14-2016),OGB (11-16-2016),REDREAD (11-15-2016),Tom Servo (11-14-2016),Wonderful Monds (11-16-2016)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post

I'm sure that it did.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Maybe on slow days we can still argue about his value to his future team.
    Is there a decent stats page for the Korean league?

20. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (11-16-2016)

I remember all the hype about Yorman and Juan Duran.... the next Dunn and Kearns they said.... welp they were n't even that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

22. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (11-16-2016)

24. Likes:

TRF (11-15-2016)

Long strange trip.

I was a supporter for many years. It looks like little more than wishful thinking at this point. There were credible warning signs going back to his Dayton days, courtesy redsof72.

Seems to me the Reds are are starting to tilt away from guys who spend more time in the toolshed than in the workshop.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

26. Likes:

Chip R (11-16-2016)

Turn Off Ads?