Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Yorman a free agent according to milb website

Re: Yorman a free agent according to milb website

Is it unusual that Yorman is still a free agent this late in the offseason? Is there a lack of interest, or is he waiting for a couple weeks of spring training to find the right fit?

For someone as young and talented as he is, I would have assumed he'd have been snapped up.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Both weird and not weird.

Is he trying to hold out for a camp invite? Heck, we don't even know if he's healthy (there's no reason to think he's not, but maybe he's not).

Maybe he's the new Henry Rodriguez.

No idea if this is even possibly true here, but sometimes guys just walk away. Ever hear of Jason Parsons, Reds' first base prospect? Check out the line in his last full season, 1997. 20 homers, an OBP over .400 and an OPS over .900.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/re...d=parson001jas

My understanding is that he just didn't want to play, and he had quit once before, after high school.

I have no idea about Yorman, and I'd keep an eye out, but you never know about these things.
    “[Reading] is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul" -- Joyce Carol Oates

5. Likes:

M2 (02-20-2017),MikeS21 (02-21-2017),REDREAD (02-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    No idea if this is even possibly true here, but sometimes guys just walk away. Ever hear of Jason Parsons, Reds' first base prospect? Check out the line in his last full season, 1997. 20 homers, an OBP over .400 and an OPS over .900.

My understanding is that he just didn't want to play, and he had quit once before, after high school.

I have no idea about Yorman, and I'd keep an eye out, but you never know about these things.
    That crossed my mind, what with the persistent questions about his interest. Whatever his future holds, hope he made good decisions with that bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post

Mercy! Jason Parsons ... now that is a blast from the past. It was easy to fall in love with his numbers until you realize he was older than most of his fellow leaguers. But kudos for the trip down memory lane!
    “I walk into the clubhouse today and it’s like walking into the Mayo Clinic. We have four doctors, three therapists and five trainers. Back when I broke in, we had one trainer who carried a bottle of rubbing alcohol, and by the 7th inning he’d already drunk it.” —Tommy Lasorda

That's true, but he was 24 in low A. Enough to make a difference, but I think there was something there. Of course that's mostly based on watching him, so there's plenty of bias involved.
    “[Reading] is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul" -- Joyce Carol Oates

Yorman sighting in the Venezuelan League. BA has him listed under the Reds, but I assume that is an error and there wasn't some recent reunion.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...tober-18-2018/
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

10. Likes:

BillDoran (10-18-2018),lollipopcurve (10-18-2018),REDREAD (10-18-2018)

Turn Off Ads?