Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Men's Basketball 2016-2017

Ohio State Men's Basketball 2016-2017

I started last years thread so here we go.

Big game tomorrow night for the 6-0 Buckeyes.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...kbl-sched.html
    Last edited by goreds2; 11-29-2016 at 12:54 PM. Reason: I had the incorrect Win total
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Listened to the 2005 Div. Clincher on WLW - Watched the 2012 Div. Clincher on FOX.
    Watched the 2013 Playoff Clincher on FSO - Fiance' is a UK fan
    GO STEELERS - Go Buckeyes - Go SIXERS

2. Likes:

Redsfaithful (11-29-2016)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Re: Ohio State Men's Basketball 2016-2017

Not sure what this year is going to look like. Not much depth in the early stages, but this may be a tournament team. I think they will fare well in the Big 10, which seems mediocre again this year.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

5. Likes:

goreds2 (11-30-2016)

IMO......the B1G is wide open this year. The Bucks are a team that is worth keeping an eye on. I see them as a tournament team.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

7. Likes:

goreds2 (11-30-2016)

OSU will be ok, maybe a fringe top 20 team from time to time. They have a nice core group of players without any stand outs. I have gotten to the point where I don't expect anything special out of Loving or Bates-Diop, who both have unperformed their talent at OSU. Granted I have only seen bits and pieces of action this season, but the big guy Potter, looks like he could be a stud in the future. Anytime you can get a big who can hit a three it can spell match up nightmares.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    IMO......the B1G is wide open this year. The Bucks are a team that is worth keeping an eye on. I see them as a tournament team.
    Wisconsin, IU, and MSU will be the class of the B1G come Feb and Mar.

I don't know about Sparty at this point in time.........but don't forget about Purdue.

I don't know about Sparty at this point in time.........but don't forget about Purdue.
    I have seen this song and dance from Sparty before. They play a brutal non-conference schedule with a very young team. They get the *bleep* kicked out of them early but improve. Then all of a sudden come Feb and March they look as good as any team in the country.

I don't know what to think of Purdue anymore, it seems like Painter can always get the pieces but they never really come together.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I have seen this song and dance from Sparty before. They play a brutal non-conference schedule with a very young team. They get the *bleep* kicked out of them early but improve. Then all of a sudden come Feb and March they look as good as any team in the country.

I don't know what to think of Purdue anymore, it seems like Painter can always get the pieces but they never really come together.
    I know exactly what you are saying about MSU, but this is a little different compared to years past. They are weak on their front court. But I never count out Izzy when it comes to whipping the boys into shape. But then again look at what they did in the tournament last year.

Purdue is an unknown commodity. Once again their lack of guards is their issue. And my Purdue friends are starting to wonder why Painter cant get any top flight back court pieces.

Regardless, I still see the Bucks finishing in the top half of the conference.

I was not able to watch, but seems like that was an awfully good showing on the road against the #6 team in the country, albeit a loss.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

13. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-01-2016),goreds2 (12-01-2016),Revering4Blue (12-02-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I was not able to watch, but seems like that was an awfully good showing on the road against the #6 team in the country, albeit a loss.
    I watched the first and into the second half before I fell asleep. This team is defined by Tate. You will see a period of the game in which they are playing hard, smart, and scoring at will, then all of a sudden they start to do stupid things. Ill advised shots, bad turnovers, sloppy play, etc. If this team plays like a well oiled machine, they can play with the best of them, if they have too many moments of stupidity, then they are going to lose games they shouldn't.

I went to bed after the quick 8-0 run to start the second half. I am impressed with their ability to score, but Lyle needs to either eliminate the turnovers or be removed from running the show. They could have had a 20+ point lead in the first half and hung on for the victory except for the empty possessions to close out the 1st half. Lyle is an asset, but not as running the show.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

I missed the first half and watched the second half, so sorry guys this loss is on me.

They did a good job at answering back after the early run UVa had to get back into the game. The UVa PG just had a hot second half and they didn't really have an answer for him. Lyle was a TO machine and the offensive execution in the last 4 possessions was terrible, mainly because they don't have a guy on the team Matta can trust to score. Overall good showing against a good team in a tough environment, but they should have won the game.

17. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I missed the first half and watched the second half, so sorry guys this loss is on me.

They did a good job at answering back after the early run UVa had to get back into the game. The UVa PG just had a hot second half and they didn't really have an answer for him. Lyle was a TO machine and the offensive execution in the last 4 possessions was terrible, mainly because they don't have a guy on the team Matta can trust to score. Overall good showing against a good team in a tough environment, but they should have won the game.
    Pretty good synopsis. As an IU fan it pained me to watch our most talented player make ill advised decisions for 3 years. Hopefully Lyle will get some ear chewing and mature. UVa is a lot like Wisconsin.......they make you play their style of game and your margin for error is very small. The Bucks put up a great showing and yes they should have won the game.

Bucks at UCLA this Saturday 3pm on CBS. UK vs NC after that around 5:45pm.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Listened to the 2005 Div. Clincher on WLW - Watched the 2012 Div. Clincher on FOX.
    Watched the 2013 Playoff Clincher on FSO - Fiance' is a UK fan
    GO STEELERS - Go Buckeyes - Go SIXERS

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Bucks at UCLA this Saturday 3pm on CBS. UK vs NC after that around 5:45pm.
    I'm actually going to Vegas for the game! Hopefully we don't lose by 30.

21. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-16-2016)

Pretty good synopsis. As an IU fan it pained me to watch our most talented player make ill advised decisions for 3 years. Hopefully Lyle will get some ear chewing and mature. UVa is a lot like Wisconsin.......they make you play their style of game and your margin for error is very small. The Bucks put up a great showing and yes they should have won the game.
    Then lost to FAU.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Turn Off Ads?