Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 Golf Season Thread

Re: 2016-2017 Golf Season Thread

That Tiger mugshot is about the most depressing thing ever.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    That Tiger mugshot is about the most depressing thing ever.
    It's not pretty at all. Sad to see him like that but not got much sympathy for drink drivers.

Mods: please delete this post (can't get the attachment to load)
    Last edited by paintmered; 05-29-2017 at 02:23 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    It's not pretty at all. Sad to see him like that but not got much sympathy for drink drivers.
    He's claiming that he wasn't drinking. It was another reaction to Rx drugs. This is the same line he used in 2009. He needs to consider himself an ex-golfer and get on with the next stage of his life.

This case shows how unreliable the media is on getting out the truth. Did Tiger refuse or pass a breathalyzer?

Tiger Woods had no alcohol in his system when he was arrested for DUI early Monday morning, according to outlets citing what appears to be the police report. Two breathalyzer tests registered a .000 blood alcohol content.

The report, issued by the Jupiter Police Department (though they have yet to officially release it), states that the 41-year-old golfer was found asleep at the wheel on the side of the road, and had to be woken up.
    http://people.com/sports/tiger-woods...arrest-report/

Woods grew “arrogant” during the stop and refused to take a Breathalyzer test, which is grounds for an automatic arrest.
    http://nypost.com/2017/05/29/tiger-w...ui-in-florida/

Now that we have a police report we can honestly see that Tiger was not under the influence of alcohol nor was he driving. He was asleep at the wheel. Tiger's clearly got some issues but it's not what was reported yesterday.

Goes to show you can't trust unnamed sources "reporting" things even though nowadays there are headlines everyday that amount to nothing more than that.

It could be an innocent reaction to prescription meds, its what Tiger is saying, and also explainable by the police report. Some times the simplest answer is the right answer.

Tiger's downward spiral since he won the Open at Torrey Pines has been nothing short of shocking. Honestly, I think there was more at play than just an innocent mistake. I have no proof, want to give Tiger the benefit of the doubt, but his story has been depressing over the past 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    This case shows how unreliable the media is on getting out the truth. Did Tiger refuse or pass a breathalyzer?

http://people.com/sports/tiger-woods...arrest-report/

http://nypost.com/2017/05/29/tiger-w...ui-in-florida/

Now that we have a police report we can honestly see that Tiger was not under the influence of alcohol nor was he driving. He was asleep at the wheel. Tiger's clearly got some issues but it's not what was reported yesterday.

Goes to show you can't trust unnamed sources "reporting" things even though nowadays there are headlines everyday that amount to nothing more than that.
    Who has time to ascertain the facts? We have to get that story out pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    It could be an innocent reaction to prescription meds, its what Tiger is saying, and also explainable by the police report. Some times the simplest answer is the right answer.

Tiger's downward spiral since he won the Open at Torrey Pines has been nothing short of shocking. Honestly, I think there was more at play than just an innocent mistake. I have no proof, want to give Tiger the benefit of the doubt, but his story has been depressing over the past 8 years.
    I'm comfortable saying that it was the meds and not alcohol. His breath test supports that but how screwed up is he physically that he needs 4 meds that put him to sleep? That tells me that he's not right physically and possibly has a Rx drug problem. Either one doesn't bode well for his golfing career

Casey Martin's Oregon Ducks (seeded #5) are about to knock off #1 seed Vanderbilt and advance to the Championship Match against Oklahoma. Ducks will be seeking back-to-back Championships in Men's golf. A remarkable job by Casey Martin. He should have won Coach-of-the-Year last season, but didn't. He truly deserves it this year.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Case Martin is DEFINITELY the most famous college golf coach!

Also, my buddy has a nephew on OU's team, so I'll definitely be paying attention tomorrow.

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (05-30-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm comfortable saying that it was the meds and not alcohol. His breath test supports that but how screwed up is he physically that he needs 4 meds that put him to sleep? That tells me that he's not right physically and possibly has a Rx drug problem. Either one doesn't bode well for his golfing career
    I think this is probably what happened. I also think the charges will be dropped. Perhaps they will suggest that he seek some counseling about painkiller abuse if that's a thing. It could have been worse. He could have crashed again or hit someone. It doesn't have the stigma of drunk driving but the result could be just as bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think this is probably what happened. I also think the charges will be dropped. Perhaps they will suggest that he seek some counseling about painkiller abuse if that's a thing. It could have been worse. He could have crashed again or hit someone. It doesn't have the stigma of drunk driving but the result could be just as bad.
    I agree the charges will be dropped and actually I'm fine with that. I would like to know why he had two flat tires. Did he swerve off the road?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Casey Martin's Oregon Ducks (seeded #5) are about to knock off #1 seed Vanderbilt and advance to the Championship Match against Oklahoma. Ducks will be seeking back-to-back Championships in Men's golf. A remarkable job by Casey Martin. He should have won Coach-of-the-Year last season, but didn't. He truly deserves it this year.
    I hope he wins it too. He's a super nice guy. And a phenomenal golfer. I was lucky enough to play with him about 15 years ago in a Canadian Tour event. If his leg wasn't an issue, he'd still be on tour.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

17. Likes:

Kingspoint (05-30-2017)

15 years ago? That was after his Supreme Court case, so was he driving around in his cart when you played with him? Does he still have the leg? I remember 20 years ago the stories about him suggested he would eventually have to have the leg amputated.

Turn Off Ads?