Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
I agree that Sacto and, for that matter, St.Louis should be ahead of San Diego in the pecking order, with Cincy and Detroit -- so long as the Stadium is located in the suburbs -- right there, too.
Sacramento has the advantage of no MLB and no NFL to compete against. Yet it wouldn't surprise me to see San Diego shoot to the top of the list very quickly. Look how far Cincinnati came in one year.

Why the suburbs for Detroit? I work with some folks in the incubator business and they tell me Detroit is eating everyone's lunch. The number of things that emerge out of Detroit in the next decade may make people's heads spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
St. Louis' chances took a big hit in the last month. I believe their stadium hopes rested on the city and state using the money they were planning on using for a new stadium for the Rams to build a soccer stadium. The new governor of Missouri has said he will not support use of public funds for a soccer stadium, so they will have to find private financing.
Hopefully that becomes a trend. Public funds for stadium construction is a scam that needs to be stopped.