Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: MLS 2017 Thread

Re: MLS 2017 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Portland welcomed Minnesota to the league with a 5-1 crushing defeat. Maybe Portland can avoid another horrificly slow start this season with the addition of a second scorer to Adi.
    My take from that game is trying to play Minnesota as much as possible.
    Wait until the year after next year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    My take from that game is trying to play Minnesota as much as possible.
    I also put as much stock in the first game of a soccer season as I do the first game of a football season or the first week of a baseball season.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Portland welcomed Minnesota to the league with a 5-1 crushing defeat. Maybe Portland can avoid another horrificly slow start this season with the addition of a second scorer to Adi.
    I'm going to the LA/Portland game on Sunday, but looks good for the Timbers. MLS just suspended Jones and Romney for the game and we are already missing Zardes, Rogers and probably Cole. I'm pretty sure I'm going to make the 18 this week.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I'm going to the LA/Portland game on Sunday, but looks good for the Timbers. MLS just suspended Jones and Romney for the game and we are already missing Zardes, Rogers and probably Cole. I'm pretty sure I'm going to make the 18 this week.
    So much is about timing throughout the season. Enjoy. My sister is at Indian Wells and she says it's 90. We've had over 3 feet of snow in the mountains here the last 2-1/2 days. The base at Timberline is 200". There will be skiing through May.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

So much is about timing throughout the season. Enjoy. My sister is at Indian Wells and she says it's 90. We've had over 3 feet of snow in the mountains here the last 2-1/2 days. The base at Timberline is 200". There will be skiing through May.
    Yeah it's supposed to be about 78 in Carson on Sunday. I plan on drinking and playing cornhole for about 4 hours before the game. On second thought, I probably won't make the 18.

7. Likes:

M2 (03-09-2017)

The Timbers didn't win a single road game last year.

Revs game just got postponed because we're going to have arctic temperatures. Good news. I was planning out how many layers it would take to avoid hypothermia. Just as an aside, this is why MLS plays a March-November schedule.
    Wait until the year after next year.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Revs game just got postponed because we're going to have arctic temperatures. Good news. I was planning out how many layers it would take to avoid hypothermia. Just as an aside, this is why MLS plays a March-November schedule.
    Absolutely, you just have to. I know its a pain to have 2 or 3 games on the road to start the season, but I think they could do a lot more to have teams like New England, New Yorks, DC, Columbus, open in the south. Also try to play as few games as possible in Florida and Texas in late July and August. It seems like these things would be feasible.

11. Likes:

M2 (03-10-2017),Revering4Blue (03-10-2017)

The Timbers didn't win a single road game last year.
    Well don't have to worry about that this year. Portland didn't deserve to win that game though. The Van Damme red card was awful and fully expect it to get rescinded and Guzman and probably Chara are going to get retroactively suspended for diving. Galaxy basically dominated the game with 10 men, but Portland's keeper made 2 nice saves.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Well don't have to worry about that this year. Portland didn't deserve to win that game though. The Van Damme red card was awful and fully expect it to get rescinded and Guzman and probably Chara are going to get retroactively suspended for diving. Galaxy basically dominated the game with 10 men, but Portland's keeper made 2 nice saves.
    Yes. There's no respect in winning a game that way.

I didn't get to watch the CCSC/Timbers game last night as I was driving back from Jamestown, NY, after dropping my kids off with the in-laws for Spring Break, but it looks like Crew SC came through with a big 3-2 win at home. I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of anyone who watched the game. I watched the previous match with DC United and was impressed with the play of rookie Alex Crognale. I saw he was able to get some minutes this week as well. It was also nice to get a win against Portland, giving them their first loss of the season.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Congratulations to Columbus on a solid win. Portland almost stole a road point away. Clock didn't tick fast enough. Columbus certainly played like they wanted to make a statement to the league, and they did.

Sebastian Lletget has a Lisfranc injury to his foot and will need surgery out at least 4-6 months. I hope the Galaxy don't get relegated.....

Columbus Crew SC just sent Tony Tchani and Allocation money to Vancouver for Kekuto Manneh. Sad to see Tchani go, but he wasn't getting minutes. Thus could be a big pick up for Crew SC.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I didn't get to watch the CCSC/Timbers game last night as I was driving back from Jamestown, NY, after dropping my kids off with the in-laws for Spring Break, but it looks like Crew SC came through with a big 3-2 win at home. I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of anyone who watched the game. I watched the previous match with DC United and was impressed with the play of rookie Alex Crognale. I saw he was able to get some minutes this week as well. It was also nice to get a win against Portland, giving them their first loss of the season.
    It was a great game. The second goal was sick.

I do not know anything about soccer. Trying to learn though and it's been a fun season so far.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

Turn Off Ads?