Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hip replacement surgery today

Hip replacement surgery today

Heading to hospital at 11 AM for right hip replacement surgery today. Been bothering me for years. I had to switch docs to get one that does the new(er) approach called anterior. Anterior approach comes in from the front and separates the muscle. The old way went in from the rear and cut the muscle. Post more after surgery
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hip replacement surgery today

Good luck. It helps so many people.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Hope all goes well.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Good luck! It sure helped my father in law.

Good luck and a speedy recovery!

Make sure they replace it with an artificial hip and not a banana or a pepperoni pizza or, even worse, a weasel. It's pretty bad when that happens.

Good luck!
    "What would your feelings be, seriously, if your cat or your dog began to talk to you, and to dispute with you in human accents? You would be overwhelmed with horror. I am sure of it. And if the roses in your garden sang a weird song, you would go mad." --Arthur Machen

9. Likes:

dfs (12-19-2016),Dom Heffner (12-20-2016)

Hope it went well for you! My dad is in his early 70's and had his done 2 years ago-same anterior procedure as you--he was back at work teaching and standing for 40+ hours a week less than 2 weeks afterwards and has been doing great since, hope the same for you!
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Good luck!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Posting from h ospital room. Doc told wife it went well. still vert sore even with paint killers.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

13. Likes:

cumberlandreds (12-27-2016),Dom Heffner (12-20-2016),goreds2 (12-20-2016),Kingspoint (03-20-2017),marcshoe (12-20-2016),Redsfaithful (12-22-2016),Sea Ray (12-20-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Posting from h ospital room. Doc told wife it went well. still vert sore even with paint killers.
    Glad it went well. Hang in there with the pain it will pass.
    Everyone’s floor is that they get the bubonic plague and take out the whole roster before they die themselves. - Dave Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Mmmmm.....paint killers. Good luck!
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Mmmmm.....paint killers. Good luck!
    That was the drugs talking. I got back to room about 6 last night. Surgery about 1 with 2 1/2 hours to do the replacement. And then some recovery room time. They've already had me walk a little with walker. Certainly is sore and tight but feel much better than last night. Go home tomorrow barring set back

17. Likes:

Chip R (12-20-2016),dougdirt (12-20-2016),Joseph (12-22-2016),RiverRat13 (12-21-2016)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Keep us updated, Jax! Good to hear that things seemingly went well with the surgery.

Winning is fun.

My dad has had three hip replacements. The first one was in '87. It made a big difference in his quality of life.

My one piece of advice having seen him go through his surgeries is to take your rehab very seriously. If your PT says you can do it, do it. My dad didn't fight through the pain of PT after that first surgery and never regained the full range of motion that he should have. My mom also had one of her hips replaced a few years ago and made sure to do every prescribed exercise and made it through every PT session because she didn't want to end up like my dad. She ended up being fine afterwards.

Turn Off Ads?