Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    So what is everyone's take on the tOSU/IU game?
    Pain! I think this has been circled on Kevin Wilson's calendar since the day he took the OSU job. I think you will see things like tempo, deep shots, more chances by JT in order to get them out of last years offensive funk and also trying to get ready for OU the next weekend.

For me I am going to be watching how the WR's play. JT's security blanket is gone, will he begin to take more chances down the field. What does the DLine look like. We know its going to be a monster this season but how does the rotation look. Also how does the secondary look in coverage.

Another thing for me will be the RB rotation, who is the #2 back behind Weber? Will it be Dobbins or will the H-Back get more carries?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Pain! I think this has been circled on Kevin Wilson's calendar since the day he took the OSU job. I think you will see things like tempo, deep shots, more chances by JT in order to get them out of last years offensive funk and also trying to get ready for OU the next weekend.

For me I am going to be watching how the WR's play. JT's security blanket is gone, will he begin to take more chances down the field. What does the DLine look like. We know its going to be a monster this season but how does the rotation look. Also how does the secondary look in coverage.

Another thing for me will be the RB rotation, who is the #2 back behind Weber? Will it be Dobbins or will the H-Back get more carries?
    Bold statement: by the end of the season JK Dobbins will be one of the stars of the B1G.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

4. Likes:

Hoosier Red (09-01-2017)

Yeah I don't know much about Indiana, but I think OSU is going to steamroll them a bit. The last time they stepped on a football field it didn't go well and the fact the new OC is the old Indiana head coach, well it just seems like a lot of frustration is going to be released on the Hoosiers.

6. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (08-27-2017)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Yeah I don't know much about Indiana, but I think OSU is going to steamroll them a bit. The last time they stepped on a football field it didn't go well and the fact the new OC is the old Indiana head coach, well it just seems like a lot of frustration is going to be released on the Hoosiers.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...01auzc365fgcs1

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Bold statement: by the end of the season JK Dobbins will be one of the stars of the B1G.
    I don't see this four a couple of reasons.

#1 - Mike Weber is a quality back, a guy who rushed for something like 6 YPC and had 1100 yards rushing last season. He may be more Antonio Pitmann or Carols Hyde, but unless he gets hurt he will get 15-20 carries a game.

#2 - Dobbins is listed as the #2 RB. He will see the field, but you will have the HBack taking some carries away from him. You also have Barrett who will take some carries away from him because Barrett is such a skilled runner. If he is as good as people are claiming, I see him having somewhat of a Zeke career, backup the first season and then really exploding onto the scene in his second year.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I don't see this four a couple of reasons.

#1 - Mike Weber is a quality back, a guy who rushed for something like 6 YPC and had 1100 yards rushing last season. He may be more Antonio Pitmann or Carols Hyde, but unless he gets hurt he will get 15-20 carries a game.

#2 - Dobbins is listed as the #2 RB. He will see the field, but you will have the HBack taking some carries away from him. You also have Barrett who will take some carries away from him because Barrett is such a skilled runner. If he is as good as people are claiming, I see him having somewhat of a Zeke career, backup the first season and then really exploding onto the scene in his second year.
    I think Weber gets hurt early and Dobbins becomes the man.

It was meant as a bold prediction.

10. Likes:

bucksfan2 (08-28-2017)

Indiana's defense will hold down Ohio State for the frst half, giving the appearance of a close game but OSU will blow them out in the second half winning easily

12. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (09-01-2017),Hoosier Red (09-01-2017)

The last time the Bucks played in Indiana (2015), they gave us a game (34-27 OSU).

OSU will win .... but I'm taking Indiana and the 20.5 points (LOL).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Prophet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Indiana's defense will hold down Ohio State for the frst half, giving the appearance of a close game but OSU will blow them out in the second half winning easily
    Also a prophet

15. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (09-01-2017),HeatherC1212 (09-01-2017),Hoosier Red (09-01-2017),Sea Ray (09-01-2017)

A friend of mine texted me bragging about his IU +20.5 bet...IN THE FIRST QUARTER. A touch early there bubba.

Prophet

- - - Updated - - -

Also a prophet
    Very predictable game. Damn I'm good...

Indiana played toe-to-toe with the Bucks for 2 1/2 quarters. Hoosier QB Lagow's throwing arm is probably still packed in ice with 65 pass attempts (405 yds). Wow! But the Hoosiers just couldn't run the ball at all.

Nice game by both J.T. and freshman RB Dobbins. It was very frustrating for me last year watching J.T. throw the ball. Very erratic, really pee'd me off many times in games. Going to be interesting to see how well he does under a Wilson-led offensive attack that really likes to spread the ball round. But Barrett has to have a really solid year this year - and I'm talking about a far more balanced attack that includes a more consistent passing game - for the Bucks to go anywhere. And I'm rootin' for JT to go out on top.

Next week is a biggy vs the Sooners. We steamrolled them last year in Norman. Lets hope that trend continues (I think it will). Stoops is gone, replaced by the youngest head-coach in FBS (Riley). I hope we give him a nice welcome in Columbus.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

19. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (09-01-2017),RedTeamGo! (09-01-2017)

I'm curious what everyone thought of the IU offensive coordinator? He was at my alma mater Tennessee last yr. He left of his own accord. Tennessee did have a productive offense but how much of that was Dobbs scrambling and improvising? I'm interested in how UT and IU fare this yr offensively. IU looked to have a definite game plan and it was to throw quick timed passes whether the receiver's open or not. No looking at second reads. More often than not OSU was there to make a play. Obviously IU was overmatched physically at pretty much every position

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Indiana played toe-to-toe with the Bucks for 2 1/2 quarters. Hoosier QB Lagow's throwing arm is probably still packed in ice with 65 pass attempts (405 yds). Wow! But the Hoosiers just couldn't run the ball at all.

Nice game by both J.T. and freshman RB Dobbins. It was very frustrating for me last year watching J.T. throw the ball. Very erratic, really pee'd me off many times in games. Going to be interesting to see how well he does under a Wilson-led offensive attack that really likes to spread the ball round. But Barrett has to have a really solid year this year - and I'm talking about a far more balanced attack that includes a more consistent passing game - for the Bucks to go anywhere. And I'm rootin' for JT to go out on top.

Next week is a biggy vs the Sooners. We steamrolled them last year in Norman. Lets hope that trend continues (I think it will). Stoops is gone, replaced by the youngest head-coach in FBS (Riley). I hope we give him a nice welcome in Columbus.
    I think JT started off very rusty, which was to be expected. I am somewhat still concerned about the group of WR's and their inability to separate themselves, however, I think its still a little early considering Mack and Victor really are seeing their first ever action. Barrett's stat line sure would look better had Parris Campbell not dropped a sure fire TD. When OSU started to stretch the field deep, it really opened things up. Barrett was on the mark in the 2nd half throwing over the middle and hitting open guys.

I was concerned with the defense in the first, IU moved up and down the field at will. I was surprised that they continued to play man on the corners until the 2nd half when they put a safety over the top and really shut things down. Watching the first half it seemed like everything was going right for the Hoosiers, balls were getting tipped and ending up in WR's hands for first downs, the DLine was just a split second away from getting there but the ball was gone. I do think IU really screwed up putting Peyton Ramsey in the game, I liked seeing him play but IU was rolling and they kinda messed things up. In the second half the adjustments were made and they wore down IU.

RedTeamGo! Dobbins may be the best back but I don't think he has Wally Pipped Weber just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm curious what everyone thought of the IU offensive coordinator? He was at my alma mater Tennessee last yr. He left of his own accord. Tennessee did have a productive offense but how much of that was Dobbs scrambling and improvising? I'm interested in how UT and IU fare this yr offensively. IU looked to have a definite game plan and it was to throw quick timed passes whether the receiver's open or not. No looking at second reads. More often than not OSU was there to make a play. Obviously IU was overmatched physically at pretty much every position
    Yeah, 2nd reads were not an option last night. Not with Ohio State's DL just manhandling the IU Offensive Line.
    The one advantage IU had was their WR were better than the tOSU defenders man to man. Anytime he was made to hold onto the ball for more than 1 read it was a sack or a near sack. So it seemed like one of those, "Not likely to work but the most likely to work of all terrible options."
    I'd like to see if IU can establish a running game when they aren't playing 4 guys who belong in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?