Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 715

Thread: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

  1. #16
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    4,184

    Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

    Real life Wednesdays ... I'm sure other universities have programs similar to this one, but this is one of the things where you can see the university is going beyond lip service for the student athletes ... or if you are more cynical ... what a sell in recruiting. Jeffrey Okudah, a recent 5* star sign mentioned it more than once and referenced it in his letter to his mother ...
    "Iíve been told I have the talent to one day achieve my dream of playing in the NFL, and thatís great ó but thatís not all that I think I have the talent for. In college, I want to take classes that challenge me to reconsider the way I look at the world. I want to intern at Fortune 500 companies, and to gain experience in boardrooms that are just as competitive as any locker room. And one day, I want to start a business that will ensure that my family will always be comfortable, whether football works out or not.".
    Does anyone know of other programs that have something similar? Even if this is simply a recruiting tool I think its very good for the players.

    GL

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    4,184

    Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

    tOSU spring game this Saturday, weather looks to be good. I will venture out with the family, kind of hard to beat $5 tickets even if it is just a scrimmage. A good number of highly ranked recruits will be there so it can't be a bad thing to have 90K fans show up to a scrimmage.

  4. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,674

    Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    tOSU spring game this Saturday, weather looks to be good. I will venture out with the family, kind of hard to beat $5 tickets even if it is just a scrimmage. A good number of highly ranked recruits will be there so it can't be a bad thing to have 90K fans show up to a scrimmage.
    I guess part of C Deck is closed for renovations, so I don't think it can be over 70k this year, but still with the weather sounds like it will be a good crowd.

  5. #19
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    4,184

    Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I guess part of C Deck is closed for renovations, so I don't think it can be over 70k this year, but still with the weather sounds like it will be a good crowd.
    Huh, had not heard that, thanks.

  6. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,674

    Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    Huh, had not heard that, thanks.
    http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-s...es-spring-game

  7. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,674

    Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

    A bunch of game times just got released including Michigan at noon, and somewhat surprisingly Penn St at 330. Both of those games will be on FOX and since they have the World Series the Penn St game can't be at night.

  8. #22
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    4,184

    Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

    Nikeís annual ďThe Opening FinalsĒ event starts today in Beaverton, Oregon. tOSU has 8 commits in attendance and a number of their top targets are there as well. Hopefully these guys are working on 'em this week.

    5-Star DT Taron Vincent, Bradenton, FL
    5-Star DE Brenton Cox, Stockbridge, GA

    4-Star S Jaiden Woodbey, Bellflower, CA
    4-Star APB Jaelen Gill, Westerville, OH
    4-Star ILB Teradja Mitchell, Virginia Beach, VA
    4-Star S Josh Proctor, Owasso, OK
    4-Star CB Sevyn Banks, Orlando, FL
    4-Star DE Andrew Chatfield, Fort Lauderdale, FL

    How big has the has the Larry Johnson hire been? He is a key figure in recruiting absolute stud after stud on the DL, getting the most out of them in college, and then sending them off to the NFL. The DL pipeline is chock full of talent.

    GL

  9. #23
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    11,884

    Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

    Kinda big news out of Columbus. For anyone who doesn't really follow OSU all that closely (I have no idea why you don't) the have somewhat of a QB problem. Once JT is gone, they have a stable of highly though of QB's either in the program or coming in, and need to figure it out. The next two in line were Joe Burrow and Dwayne Haskins. Burrow is a local guy (from Athens) who has been in the program for a long time, and is seen as a capable starting QB. Then there is Haskins, who everyone raves about, a guy who has been labeled as a difference maker, Cardale arm with the ability to run. Talk had been that the loser of the backup QB battle may be transfering out of the program because in all likelihood they would never become the starting QB at OSU. Well anyway, Burrow is on the shelf for 4-6 weeks with a broken bone in his hand, pretty much handing the backup job to Haskins. I don't think Haskins will ever give it back, and may just become a great one at OSU. No pressure at all!

  10. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,674

    Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Kinda big news out of Columbus. For anyone who doesn't really follow OSU all that closely (I have no idea why you don't) the have somewhat of a QB problem. Once JT is gone, they have a stable of highly though of QB's either in the program or coming in, and need to figure it out. The next two in line were Joe Burrow and Dwayne Haskins. Burrow is a local guy (from Athens) who has been in the program for a long time, and is seen as a capable starting QB. Then there is Haskins, who everyone raves about, a guy who has been labeled as a difference maker, Cardale arm with the ability to run. Talk had been that the loser of the backup QB battle may be transfering out of the program because in all likelihood they would never become the starting QB at OSU. Well anyway, Burrow is on the shelf for 4-6 weeks with a broken bone in his hand, pretty much handing the backup job to Haskins. I don't think Haskins will ever give it back, and may just become a great one at OSU. No pressure at all!
    Too bad about Burrow. He did make the most sense to transfer since he could do a grad transfer and still play for 2 years.

  11. #25
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    10,792

    Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

    It was always going to Haskins, and it sounds like Martell had jumped him as well. Frankly I'm surprised Burrow didn't already transfer, but I suppose he can always go back to OU.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  12. #26
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    15,189

    Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

    I hope Burrow does well. I remember the Athens HS state championship game where he had a monster game (6 TD and over 500 yards total offense). I just didn't know if he was an elite NCAA Div 1 player.

    And when he feels the world is closing in
    He turns his stereo way up high

  13. #27
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    11,884

    Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It was always going to Haskins, and it sounds like Martell had jumped him as well. Frankly I'm surprised Burrow didn't already transfer, but I suppose he can always go back to OU.
    Funny you say this, because I think OSU wanted Haskins to jump him, but I don't think he did. I think they thought they "knew" what Burrow was, but seemed always to impress. I also thought Martell was a guy they liked, but a guy they knew would help in recruiting (he was the ring leader bringing in players for the 2017 class) but never thought he was a legit contender to start at QB. But from everything said about Martell, it sounds like he is the REAL deal.

    Barring injuries I see the OSU QB's of the future looking like this.

    2017: Barrett
    2018: Haskins
    2019: Haskins
    2020: Haskins
    2021: Jones
    2022: Jones
    2023: Jones

    But stranger things have happened. I think Martell will Redshirt this season and Jones (if signed) will redshirt next year.

  14. #28
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    10,792

    Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

    I still think Jones goes to Bama
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  15. #29
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    10,792

    Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I hope Burrow does well. I remember the Athens HS state championship game where he had a monster game (6 TD and over 500 yards total offense). I just didn't know if he was an elite NCAA Div 1 player.
    I remember that game well. It was against Toledo Central Catholic.

    It was the Burrow vs Michael Warren http://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Warren-77834 show.

    Warren will be a freshman at UC this year.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  16. #30
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,051

    Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

    So what is everyone's take on the tOSU/IU game?
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | JaxRed | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | The Operator