Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think JT started off very rusty, which was to be expected. I am somewhat still concerned about the group of WR's and their inability to separate themselves, however, I think its still a little early considering Mack and Victor really are seeing their first ever action. Barrett's stat line sure would look better had Parris Campbell not dropped a sure fire TD. When OSU started to stretch the field deep, it really opened things up. Barrett was on the mark in the 2nd half throwing over the middle and hitting open guys.
    Parris Cambell had a rough game. Not only the sure fire TD, but he had another drop that would have likely not been a huge gain but would have at least been 10 yards or so.
    I wouldn't worry about the lack of separation. IU's secondary is actually very good and they seemed content to allow JT as much time as he liked while the LB and Husky* clogged up the middle of the field.

I was concerned with the defense in the first, IU moved up and down the field at will. I was surprised that they continued to play man on the corners until the 2nd half when they put a safety over the top and really shut things down. Watching the first half it seemed like everything was going right for the Hoosiers, balls were getting tipped and ending up in WR's hands for first downs, the DLine was just a split second away from getting there but the ball was gone. I do think IU really screwed up putting Peyton Ramsey in the game, I liked seeing him play but IU was rolling and they kinda messed things up. In the second half the adjustments were made and they wore down IU.
    I thought that too, but looking back they had gone three and out and 5 and out the previous two possessions. Ultimately, they were going to have to give Lagow a break one way or another. With absolutely no running game to speak of, OSU was able to pin its ears back everytime he dropped back to pass.

*I thought he was just big boned
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Yeah, 2nd reads were not an option last night. Not with Ohio State's DL just manhandling the IU Offensive Line.
    The one advantage IU had was their WR were better than the tOSU defenders man to man. Anytime he was made to hold onto the ball for more than 1 read it was a sack or a near sack. So it seemed like one of those, "Not likely to work but the most likely to work of all terrible options."
    I'd like to see if IU can establish a running game when they aren't playing 4 guys who belong in the NFL.
    Just a correction here, of OSU's 8 deep on the DLine, barring injuries, all 8 will get a shot in the NFL, probably more than a few drafted in the first or second round. That isn't even counting their LB unit, which is one of the best in the nation.

After watching a bit of the first week, I was please with OSU's win over IU (now enough of those Thruway night games, Fridays suck at work!) While IU may not have been one of the highest rated foes, a night game, in conference game to open the season is difficult to say the least. I think if IU is not in the B1G East, they are an 8-9 win team, yea I think they can be that good, but they are out classed by PSU, OSU, UM, and in the past MSU. Its tough to win games when you conference schedule is littered with the best teams in the league.

I don't see how anybody beats Bama this season.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

After watching a bit of the first week, I was please with OSU's win over IU (now enough of those Thruway night games, Fridays suck at work!) While IU may not have been one of the highest rated foes, a night game, in conference game to open the season is difficult to say the least. I think if IU is not in the B1G East, they are an 8-9 win team, yea I think they can be that good, but they are out classed by PSU, OSU, UM, and in the past MSU. Its tough to win games when you conference schedule is littered with the best teams in the league.
    I think IU has been that good the last few seasons........just on the wrong side.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

Barrett needs to be benched. They can't beat elite teams with him. They might win this game, but I don't think Oklahoma is elite. That throw he missed to Hill in the end zone is an easy pass. He misses way too many easy passes. When windows close, as they will against better teams, he can't execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Barrett needs to be benched. They can't beat elite teams with him. They might win this game, but I don't think Oklahoma is elite. That throw he missed to Hill in the end zone is an easy pass. He misses way too many easy passes. When windows close, as they will against better teams, he can't execute.
    How is Oklahoma not elite?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Oklahoma offense doing whatever they want to Buckeye D. It looks like a total mismatch.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    How is Oklahoma not elite?
    When I say elite, I'm talking about teams that I think have a legitimate shot to win the playoff. I haven't considered anybody from the Big 12 a legit contender for the past few years because of the bad defenses. Maybe it's different this year. Oklahoma's defense looks solid, but it's hard to tell because OSU's offense is just not good.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Oklahoma offense doing whatever they want to Buckeye D. It looks like a total mismatch.
    Funny, I think the OSU offense looks way worse than the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Oklahoma has been the much better team tonight, but OSU has made a few key plays at the right time combined with OU mistakes.

The thing I don't understand when watching OSU on offense is why every pass play takes so long to develop. Oklahoma gets so many quick passes. OSU is full of quick WRs. They should be able to get open for quick hits that give them opportunities to make something happen after the catch.

In the beginning of the 2nd half they started running Dobbins. Then they went away from that and started throwing which hasn't been effective at all. Makes no sense.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

This is the 3rd straight year the offense has had no rhythm. It's hard to complain considering that Meyer has built a powerhouse, but I would have thought he'd have fixed the offense by now.

Yup, this game is over. Time to bench JT and go with the future. He sucks.

OSU should drop out of the top 10 after this game. They're bad on offense and not very good on defense. They have a good D line and a couple of good RBs, but that's it. They're not a very good team.

This hasn't been much less lopsided than the Clemson game. Being outclassed dramatically. Meyer now being out coached on a regular basis.

Ohio State WRs get absolutely no separation from the Oklahoma DBs.

And when he feels the world is closing in
    He turns his stereo way up high

Turn Off Ads?