Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

Re: Ohio State Footbal - 2017

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    OSU should drop out of the top 10 after this game. They're bad on offense and not very good on defense. They have a good D line and a couple of good RBs, but that's it. They're not a very good team.

This hasn't been much less lopsided than the Clemson game. Being outclassed dramatically. Meyer now being out coached on a regular basis.
    I don't think it has to do with coaching. OSU is not playing a QB that pass the ball downfield. They need to bench him after this game, but they won't.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Ohio State WRs get absolutely no separation from the Oklahoma DBs.
    At a certain point, this needs to fall on the WR coach. We're loaded with top recruits, and none of these guys look like future pros.

Yikes. If Barrett is really the best QB on this team, this team is in trouble for the next few years too.

That was one of the worst passes I have ever seen in my life. Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don't think it has to do with coaching. OSU is not playing a QB that pass the ball downfield. They need to bench him after this game, but they won't.
    This is true, but the playcalling on offense is so weird. Something will start working a little and they go away from it quickly. And every pass play seems impossible - it's hard to know who is to blame there. Barrett never seems to have safety valves, or he doesn't use them or something.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

The fact that this is happening in Columbus is even more alarming.

They are being thoroughly outplayed in every single aspect of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    This is true, but the playcalling on offense is so weird. Something will start working a little and they go away from it quickly. And every pass play seems impossible - it's hard to know who is to blame there. Barrett never seems to have safety valves, or he doesn't use them or something.
    I think he does he just doesn't recognize them until way too late.

Had Barrett not been good as a freshman, he'd have been benched last year. He is just not good. He's not a good passer and he's not a good runner. He doesn't make good decisions and holds into the ball way too long. He's still living off his freshman performance. Maybe he should have transferred to Texas. Herman is the only guy he's played well for.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

There are a lot of major recruits at this game. Can expect a few decommitments after this putrid performance.

Defense has now give up 27 points in 20 minutes of the second half

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Defense has now give up 27 points in 20 minutes of the second half
    They are probably exhausted. Been on the field the entire game.

I can't remember the last time I watched OSU get dismantled like this in their own house.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

IF Barrett got benched, who's the next man up?

I'll admit I don't follow Ohio State but watching the last two games offense has been a major problem. Dobbins looks like the real deal but there is no air attack whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Had Barrett not been good as a freshman, he'd have been benched last year. He is just not good. He's not a good passer and he's not a good runner. He doesn't make good decisions and holds into the ball way too long. He's still living off his freshman performance. Maybe he should have transferred to Texas. Herman is the only guy he's played well for.
    So strange because he was pretty amazing before the injury.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    So strange because he was pretty amazing before the injury.
    It's the most baffled I've ever been with a college football player. He was so good as a true freshman and has gotten worse every year since.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?