Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2B in 2017

Re: 2B in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    3 players into 2 positions in an even rotation is about 400 PA's each.

If you add 3b into the rotation that's 4 players into 3 positions for about 450 plate appearances.
    1999 was the best recent example of the Reds using a positional rotation, mostly in RF but LF and CF saw some of the rotation guys there as well. Michael Tucker, Dmitri Young and Jeffrey Hammonds. They averaged about 310 PA's, mostly in RF though.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would love to see Peraza take a Ben Zobrist role where he can play 2B SS LF CF and 3B. I think having a guy like that makes everyone try harder because they can be replaced at any time. Plus it allows you to wait for the best deal possible for Cozart. I'm happy with Peraza being a switch hitting able to play any position and take over for someone who might not match up with opposing pitchers.

Let the kids play!

4. Likes:

cincyinco (02-15-2017),kpresidente (02-15-2017),sdwagers (02-15-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    I would love to see Peraza take a Ben Zobrist role where he can play 2B SS LF CF and 3B. I think having a guy like that makes everyone try harder because they can be replaced at any time. Plus it allows you to wait for the best deal possible for Cozart. I'm happy with Peraza being a switch hitting able to play any position and take over for someone who might not match up with opposing pitchers.
    Bip Roberts and Chris Stynes were guys that I loved because of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    Bip Roberts and Chris Stynes were guys that I loved because of this.
    Bip had a 4.8 fWAR for the Reds in 1992(!)

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    I think he just bats righty.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I think he just bats righty.
    Yeah I just went back and looked and your right. For some reason I thought he was a switch hitter.

Let the kids play!

Turn Off Ads?