Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: College Baseball 2017

Re: College Baseball 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Should be a fun tournament in Louisville this weekend. Bizarre format, but should be fun. Hopefully Louisville wins their pool so that crowds are good on Saturday and Sunday. Given their struggles with FSU this past weekend, that's far from a certainty.
    Yeah, I truly don't understand the formatting of the tourney. Wish I could go, should be some good games.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    My Heels did ok, won all 10 ACC series this season. Hitting has been better than the last couple seasons.
    They got the #2 overall seed.

I don't understand why UCLA was placed in the same bracket as #8 host, Stanford. Same conference teams should be separated.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I'm looking forward to seeing how Xavier fares as a three in Louisville. Zac Lowther is a stud and gives them a good chance to get by Oklahoma, and Louisville is skidding a bit. It's not likely Xavier can win the regional, but stranger things have happened (probably).

St. John's just grabbed a 3-1 lead on Vandy in the 5th at Clemson. Vandy has to be sick of seeing Big East teams in the regionals at this point. LOL

Nevermind, it didn't last.

Nebraska lost to Yale, and then to Holy Cross (23-28). Excuse me.

Xavier's second straight trip to a regional championship. The road probably ends there, but pretty great stuff for X's program.

9. Likes:

reds1869 (06-04-2017),texasdave (06-04-2017)

Xavier's second straight trip to a regional championship. The road probably ends there, but pretty great stuff for X's program.
    How about this for a 5-batter stretch in the first: HBP, ROE, ROE, HBP, HBP.

Is Will Larue any relation to Jason Larue?

X went down honorably to Louisville. Davidson beating UNC twice is absolutely amazing.

Missouri State and Arkansas played in driving rain until 4:11 am Eastern time this morning in Fayetteville. Arkanas won 11-10 to force a final today. Nuts.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Missouri State and Arkansas played in driving rain until 4:11 am Eastern time this morning in Fayetteville. Arkanas won 11-10 to force a final today. Nuts.
    Speaking of nutty outcomes from last night -- FSU forced a deciding game against Auburn via a walk-off HBP. Not sure I've ever seen that.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Another national seed is out. Sam Houston polished off Texas Tech this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Nebraska lost to Yale, and then to Holy Cross (23-28). Excuse me.
    Yale (twice) and Holy Cross lost to Oregon State by a combined 27-3, and Pat Casey is very unhappy with how well OSU played. Vanderbilt will be tough.

Kentucky had a nice win last night go win the regional, but had to usevHjelle for 3.1 inning nags after he threw 101 pitches on Friday. Obviously, that eliminates him from starting game 1 Friday, but I wonder if it will have any long-term effect on his health, rspevially if he needs to start Saturday. I hope not, but I can see how this would be why some MLB guys don't like college baseball as much.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Kentucky had a nice win last night go win the regional, but had to usevHjelle for 3.1 inning nags after he threw 101 pitches on Friday. Obviously, that eliminates him from starting game 1 Friday, but I wonder if it will have any long-term effect on his health, rspevially if he needs to start Saturday. I hope not, but I can see how this would be why some MLB guys don't like college baseball as much.
    The box score I saw he only threw 35 pitches and faced the minimum of hitters. That was probably about the max he should have threw. He should be OK.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

18. Likes:

UKFlounder (06-06-2017)

Turn Off Ads?