Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: College Baseball 2017

Re: College Baseball 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Maybe I'll see you in Omaha.
    Hopefully begin in opposite brackets.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Louisville the first to Omaha. Kentucky barely made the Cards sweat getting there.
    You could tell pretty quickly UK just didn't have the talent to stay with them. It would have taken a lot of breaks and a couple of tremendous pitching efforts for UK to win. Still a good step forward for UK baseball. If Mangione can recruit just a few better players they can compete on the top level.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Deacs HR in bottom of 11th forces deciding game 3 @ UF at 4:10 this afternoon.

Only other time my school went to Omaha for the CWS, Ike was in his first term as POTUS. I didn't join the human race until 17 years later.

Cmon Deacs. 1 win from Omaha. Get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Deacs HR in bottom of 11th forces deciding game 3 @ UF at 4:10 this afternoon.

Only other time my school went to Omaha for the CWS, Ike was in his first term as POTUS. I didn't join the human race until 17 years later.

Cmon Deacs. 1 win from Omaha. Get it done.
    Until two years ago, Wake was the ONLY ACC team to ever win the CWS. That was always one of my favorite, unbelievable statistics. Thanks for screwing it up Wahoos!

Maybe I'll see you in Omaha.
    You've (Louisville) got Florida, TCU and Texas A&M in your bracket. Oregon State has LSU, Cal-State Fullerton and Florida State in theirs.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Really interesting article on the Heimlich situation. It looks like he really might go undrafted today. That's unbelievable.

http://portlandtribune.com/pt/12-spo...luke-heimlich-

Oregon State showed a chink in their armor, but came back from 5-1 to win 6-5. A true freshman played Catcher, knocked in the winning run and was the game MVP. What I love about Oregon State is they've always done it with local players from a sparsely populated area. There's great amateur baseball in the Northwest.

That's 22 in a row (had 24 in a row earlier). More importantly, they got that all-important first win in their bracket.

Oregon State may have the greatest team in the history of College Baseball. They are making mincemeat of LSU, who came in with 17 straight wins, after making mincemeat of the rest of the NCAA.

KJ Harrison with a Grand Slam.

Hoping for an epic Louisville/Beavers championship series.

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-20-2017)

Hoping for an epic Louisville/Beavers championship series.
    Oddly, I've lived in Louisville, but never in Corvallis. Spouse and Father-in-Law are both OSU Grads, so the household is covered.

Looking like an all SEC final series. Booo!

Oregon State got completely screwed by an incompetent (or grudging) home plate umpire. This doesn't even take into account Friday's horrible call. From the first batter, LSU's pitcher was given 5-8 inches outside the plate on called strikes. They repeatedly went into the opposite batter's box. At least half a dozen called third strikes of this type. OSU's pitcher did not get these calls and even had balls called on pitches over the plate. This made it so Oregon State was not allowed to participate in the game.

The last game we got homered. ESPN radio guys said they'd never seen anythjng like it "literally a foot off the plate and across the other batters box called for strikes". The last game was rigged. No excuses. The ump behind the plate looked like he had money on the game. It was horrific. I sat with LSU fans at a sports bar and they were apologizing for it. Further, announcers said, "the Beaver hitters would have to lunge at balls to have any chance of hitting them".

I watched the same ump in the Corvallis Regional call two games (vs Holy Cross and Yale). In both games, he called pitches inside and outside three to four inches wide on both sides of the plate and for both left-handed pitchers, right-handed pitchers, left-handed batters and right-handed batters, and equally for both teams. But, not today. For LSU's left-handed pitcher versus Oregon State's five starters who batted from the left side he was given 6-8 inches on the outside of the plate so that he never once had to come inside or over the plate. The pitches literally could not be reached without lunging for them, which of course OSU didn't do, they were called out on strikes. OSU's right-handed pitcher was given nothing on the outside and even had balls called on some breaking balls that broke right across the plate. The umpire fixed the game.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-25-2017 at 01:34 AM.

I'm a fan of the result of the series, couldn't have asked for a better outcome.
    Go Gators!

16. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (06-28-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I'm a fan of the result of the series, couldn't have asked for a better outcome.
    Wild last couple innings tonight. Wow!
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

18. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (06-28-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    About time our Gators got one after all the trips to Omaha

Turn Off Ads?