Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XM Radio Question

XM Radio Question

What would any of do in this scenario. I bought a complete used XM radio sportser unit yesterday for a great price from a Goodwill. I went to hook it up today with just making sure it worked and it updated itself. It plays a ton of stations. Does anybody think it is connected to a lifetime account already ? If I call XM will they discontinue it ?
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: XM Radio Question

Entirely possible you are in a few preview weekend. SXM does that a few times a year.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

4. Likes:

19braves77 (04-02-2017)

(I have had XM for 12 years) That is awesome. It is quite possible that was a display sample at a retailer. I say enjoy it. Do not call XM. There is not a free preview going on at the moment. Just play it and enjoy as it may turn off when you least expect it. Nice job,
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Listened to the 2005 Div. Clincher on WLW - Watched the 2012 Div. Clincher on FOX.
    Watched the 2013 Playoff Clincher on FSO - Fiance' is a UK fan
    GO STEELERS - Go Buckeyes - Go SIXERS

6. Likes:

DatRedsFan (04-24-2017)

It's an interesting question. I'd be interested to see how long you can get the stations. It may be something where SiriusXM can detect when a radio unit that has been turned off for a while is turned back on. If so, they may just be temporarily giving you access to all the channels as a preview, then turning off access after a few weeks in hopes that you'll call to get it turned back on. In any case, you might as well just see how long you get the channels and call once they get turned off.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

If it's free, it's for me.

9. Likes:

DatRedsFan (04-24-2017),dougdirt (04-06-2017),redsfanmia (05-03-2017)

Also, try to NOT play that radio during Free Preview weeks that SiriusXM provides on occasion. That is when they spot the free bee radio and turn them off. That happened to a couple of people I know.

Listened to the 2005 Div. Clincher on WLW - Watched the 2012 Div. Clincher on FOX.

It's still on. Someone on a car radio forum told me that when XM and Sirius merged some units didn't make the transfer. He said that if it survived an update, I probably have free subscription the lifetime of the unit. Worse thing I could do is call because then this gives them a reason to ping the unit. It could last three more days or five years. Not bad for a 1.00 and 6.00 for a FM radio boost plug.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

12. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-08-2017),goreds2 (05-05-2017),IslandRed (05-04-2017)

Enjoy!!

If you decide to renew your XM subscription, you can call them (888-601-6302) to cancel and they will offer a retention discount; their first offer is usually a year for $100 but if you decline and suggest 5 months for $25 the will usually accept that after "checking with their supervisor".

15. Likes:

Yachtzee (05-12-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    It's still on. Someone on a car radio forum told me that when XM and Sirius merged some units didn't make the transfer. He said that if it survived an update, I probably have free subscription the lifetime of the unit. Worse thing I could do is call because then this gives them a reason to ping the unit. It could last three more days or five years. Not bad for a 1.00 and 6.00 for a FM radio boost plug.
    Just never call them and enjoy it while you can.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

You're driving Howard Stern to the poor house.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbroznan View Post
    If you decide to renew your XM subscription, you can call them (888-601-6302) to cancel and they will offer a retention discount; their first offer is usually a year for $100 but if you decline and suggest 5 months for $25 the will usually accept that after "checking with their supervisor".
    This is exactly what happened to me earlier this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    This is exactly what happened to me earlier this week.
    They called me a while back and offered 6 months for $30. I took it. My brother says he always does this. He said he wouldn't keep it if he had to pay more than $5 a month for it. I'm the same way. Its not worth it to me for anymore than that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Also, try to NOT play that radio during Free Preview weeks that SiriusXM provides on occasion. That is when they spot the free bee radio and turn them off. That happened to a couple of people I know.
    Starting now, free preview on all inactive XM radios through May 30. Also, the new Beatles channel starts today on channel 18 at 9:09am est.

http://www.siriusxm.com/pdf/ex/ChannelGuide_0517.pdf

Heard that Road Trip Radio will start 5/20 on channel 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Reds record when I'm attending: 4-12
    2018 Dragons record when I'm attending: 1-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

22. Likes:

goreds2 (05-18-2017)

Turn Off Ads?