Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: XM Radio Question

  1. #16
    Fun with Bitmoji! KittyDuran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Posts
    8,628

    Re: XM Radio Question

    BTW listening to the Beatles Channel right now and sounds great! Good mix-playing an influence right now: Sweet Little Sixteen by Chuck Berry.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Reds record when I'm attending: 11-16 FINAL
    2018 Dragons record when I'm attending: 1-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

  2. Likes:

    goreds2 (07-07-2017)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #17
    Fun with Bitmoji! KittyDuran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Posts
    8,628

    Re: XM Radio Question

    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    They called me a while back and offered 6 months for $30. I took it. My brother says he always does this. He said he wouldn't keep it if he had to pay more than $5 a month for it. I'm the same way. Its not worth it to me for anymore than that.
    I pay $90.93 every 3 months...that's for 2 cars and the all access package. I listen every day, especially the internet streaming at work. So for my sanity, and since some of the local channels have been flagged because of their ads by my workplace firewall...it's worth it.

    Channels in my car (XM) are:
    1st Band: Classic Vinyl, 1st Wave, 60's, 70's, 80's, and Classic Rewind
    2nd Band: 40's, Soul Town, Willie's Roadhouse (for my Dad), POTUS, Prom Radio (limited), and The Beatles Channel
    Will be adding Road Trip Radio in place of POTUS or Prom Radio on 5/20
    2018 Reds record when I'm attending: 11-16 FINAL
    2018 Dragons record when I'm attending: 1-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

  5. Likes:

    goreds2 (05-18-2017)

  6. #18
    Moderator cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    13,121

    Re: XM Radio Question

    Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    I pay $90.93 every 3 months...that's for 2 cars and the all access package. I listen every day, especially the internet streaming at work. So for my sanity, and since some of the local channels have been flagged because of their ads by my workplace firewall...it's worth it.

    Channels in my car (XM) are:
    1st Band: Classic Vinyl, 1st Wave, 60's, 70's, 80's, and Classic Rewind
    2nd Band: 40's, Soul Town, Willie's Roadhouse (for my Dad), POTUS, Prom Radio (limited), and The Beatles Channel
    Will be adding Road Trip Radio in place of POTUS or Prom Radio on 5/20
    I had to go down to Kentucky in January which is about ant 8 hour trip for me. I thought during this trip that XM would every much worth it to me if I were on the road a lot. I'm not that much anymore. I take public transportation four days a week to work and I telework one day now. It's really all up to the person and their own preferences of what they want to pay for. I pay more for TV than a lot of people now. I like having the choices so I keep it that way for now.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  7. #19
    Fun with Bitmoji! KittyDuran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Posts
    8,628

    Re: XM Radio Question

    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I had to go down to Kentucky in January which is about ant 8 hour trip for me. I thought during this trip that XM would every much worth it to me if I were on the road a lot. I'm not that much anymore. I take public transportation four days a week to work and I telework one day now. It's really all up to the person and their own preferences of what they want to pay for. I pay more for TV than a lot of people now. I like having the choices so I keep it that way for now.
    I'm just the opposite-listen to more radio than watch TV-if it wasn't for my parents and what they like to watch (just a few channels outside the basic subscription), I'd cut the cable tomorrow.
    2018 Reds record when I'm attending: 11-16 FINAL
    2018 Dragons record when I'm attending: 1-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

  8. #20
    Are we not men? Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Rubber City
    Posts
    7,347

    Re: XM Radio Question

    Has anyone had to renew their Sirius XM package lately? For years now I've been calling up to "cancel" when my subscription was up and got the "5 months for $25" deal every time. Today I called and tried to get that deal and was told they no longer do that promotion. Since we are going on a long trip tomorrow, I caved and did 3 months for $26.99, but I'm wondering if they would have given me the "5 months for $25" deal again if I had stuck to my guns.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

  9. #21
    A Pleasure to Burn Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Avenue
    Posts
    8,611

    Re: XM Radio Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Has anyone had to renew their Sirius XM package lately? For years now I've been calling up to "cancel" when my subscription was up and got the "5 months for $25" deal every time. Today I called and tried to get that deal and was told they no longer do that promotion. Since we are going on a long trip tomorrow, I caved and did 3 months for $26.99, but I'm wondering if they would have given me the "5 months for $25" deal again if I had stuck to my guns.
    I changed mine online to the 6 months for 30 bucks deal last week, might log in and try that.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98


    “Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

  10. #22
    * Bat Votto Second * goreds2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    OH H - EYE OH
    Posts
    3,097

    Re: XM Radio Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Has anyone had to renew their Sirius XM package lately? For years now I've been calling up to "cancel" when my subscription was up and got the "5 months for $25" deal every time. Today I called and tried to get that deal and was told they no longer do that promotion. Since we are going on a long trip tomorrow, I caved and did 3 months for $26.99, but I'm wondering if they would have given me the "5 months for $25" deal again if I had stuck to my guns.
    You may have gotten the deal you wanted but still not bad at 3 months for $26.99. Set a reminder on your phone then try to get the 5 months for $25 deal just before yours expires.

    My promotion expired and I received a bill for $218 for 6 months. I called 866-635-2349 to cancel and got it reduced to $99.80 for 6 months. Two all access subscriptions plus Internet access via their Application (APP).
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

    Listened to the 2005 Div. Clincher on WLW - Watched the 2012 Div. Clincher on FOX.
    Watched the 2013 Playoff Clincher on FSO - Fiance' is a UK fan
    GO STEELERS - Go Buckeyes - Go SIXERS


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | JaxRed | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | The Operator