Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/24/17 Reds @ Brewers

4/24/17 Reds @ Brewers

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 4/24/17 Reds @ Brewers

I got all excited seeing the name ERVIN at the top there....

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I got all excited seeing the name ERVIN at the top there....
    It got me too..

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I wonder if Price has any inkling that with Peraza following Hamilton at the top, he's simply repeating the mistakes of the father (Baker).

You would think growing up he would have noticed the utter futility and said to himself: "I'm not going to make the same mistakes."
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I wonder if Price has any inkling that with Peraza following Hamilton at the top, he's simply repeating the mistakes of the father (Baker).

You would think growing up he would have noticed the utter futility and said to himself: "I'm not going to make the same mistakes."
    You would like to think Price looked a Joe Maddon's lineup and thought to himself (among many other things), maybe speed-first isn't the way to go. I'm not necessarily anti-Price, but if he's half the analytics guy he claims to be, he wouldn't consistently bat two sub-.275 OBP at the top of the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    You would like to think Price looked a Joe Maddon's lineup and thought to himself (among many other things), maybe speed-first isn't the way to go. I'm not necessarily anti-Price, but if he's half the analytics guy he claims to be, he wouldn't consistently bat two sub-.275 OBP at the top of the lineup.
    To be fair, this could be mandated from the top.

And also in fairness, it's still pretty early. In mid-May if Hamilton and Peraza are still way underwater I doubt they'll be at the top of the order.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Reds have scored third most runs in the NL. Reds scored 20 runs this weekend in games started by Lester, Arrieta and Lackey.

Team overall is stronger in SLG and weaker in OBP. Whatever the batting order.

Reds do have strong OBP candidates coming up, so in the future the lineup and batting order are likely to be better.

9. Likes:

BillDoran (04-24-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    To be fair, this could be mandated from the top.

And also in fairness, it's still pretty early. In mid-May if Hamilton and Peraza are still way underwater I doubt they'll be at the top of the order.
    Agreed. There's no way he rides those sad OBPs through May, partially because it's indefensible. I do appreciate Price giving them a chance to "get things going," as Hamilton and Peraza represent potentially significant pieces going forward. If we are in win-now mode, they should be 7-8, 8-9. As is, get them some PA and see where the dust settles.

In hearing Williams talk, I have a hard time imagining he's committed to the traditional lineup format (speed-good bat-best hitter-masher).

Leadoff hit for Hamilton

Hamilton leads off the game with a single, which only happened because he was hitting first.

13. Likes:

Crumbley (04-25-2017)

Hamilton easily steals 2nd and goes to 3rd on a throwing error.

Peraza continues to swing at anything strikes out on a pitch in the dirt

Quality at-bat by Peraza. Please get healthy and hot, Dilson.

17. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (04-24-2017),malcontent (04-24-2017)

ugh Peraza. c'mon man.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

19. Likes:

Red Raindog (04-24-2017)

Great AB by Votto as he walks

21. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (04-24-2017)

Turn Off Ads?