Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Suitor for Cozart

A Suitor for Cozart

With Adam Eaton going down for the season over the weekend, do the Nats become the trading partner the Reds have been looking for?

Washington can do one of the following....

-Live with Michael Taylor in CF
    -Trade for Lorenzo Cain or another CF
    -Move Trea Turner back to CF, trade for Cozart or another SS for the rest of 2017

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: A Suitor for Cozart

In a trade for Cozart I wouldn't expect anything more than Cole or Voth as the return. Both would be useful to the Reds but both have their warts as well.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -- Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer22 View Post
    -Move Trea Turner back to CF, trade for Cozart or another SS for the rest of 2017
    I was thinking this as well. Dusty did always love Cozart too.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    In a trade for Cozart I wouldn't expect anything more than Cole or Voth as the return. Both would be useful to the Reds but both have their warts as well.
    I'd be pretty happy with either, at this point. A lottery ticket addition would be expected as well.

If I was the Nats, I'd go after LoCain, but more power to the Reds if they can do make the sell on Cozart. Just to toss this out there, maybe DC would be a good target in terms of trading Billy Hamilton.
    Wait until the year after next year.

7. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (05-01-2017),RedlegJake (05-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    If I was the Nats, I'd go after LoCain, but more power to the Reds if they can do make the sell on Cozart. Just to toss this out there, maybe DC would be a good target in terms of trading Billy Hamilton.
    Package them up as far as I'm concerned. That would get Dusty's juices flowing.
    "If you're into those sorts of things...Some would say using others' posts as signatures is weird." - Sea Ray

I'd love to see the Reds somehow pull this guy out of a trade.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...82&position=OF
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

10. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (05-01-2017),Tom Servo (05-01-2017)

Sounds like a romance novel

12. Likes:

Donder (05-01-2017),Revering4Blue (05-01-2017)

Does Dusty still have a daughter or did Corey Patterson take her?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

14. Likes:

BigJohn (05-04-2017),BluegrassRedleg (05-01-2017),Edd Roush (05-01-2017),Revering4Blue (05-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I'd love to see the Reds somehow pull this guy out of a trade.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...82&position=OF
    Had the same thought, but I think Billy would have to be included to make that happen.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

16. Likes:

Griffey012 (05-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Package them up as far as I'm concerned. That would get Dusty's juices flowing.
    Seriously, Hamilton and Cozart pitched to Dusty would probably yield some real value at this point. Nats are all in on 2017.

18. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (05-01-2017),Tom Servo (05-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Seriously, Hamilton and Cozart pitched to Dusty would probably yield some real value at this point. Nats are all in on 2017.
    Nats are a great team, health withstanding.

They need to focus on keeping guys healthy. Give them plenty of rest. One could argue they'd be favored over the Cubs if they can get to October healthy from here on.
    "If you're into those sorts of things...Some would say using others' posts as signatures is weird." - Sea Ray

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Nats are a great team, health withstanding.

They need to focus on keeping guys healthy. Give them plenty of rest. One could argue they'd be favored over the Cubs if they can get to October healthy from here on.
    Yup. Adding Cozart and Hamilton would help keep them fresh as they cover for Eaton's loss, and Dusty would be delighted to find ways to use Hamilton's speed as a starter and off the bench. I would pick the phone and make a call if I am Williams.

Think we could pry Carter Kieboom or Juan Soto away from them?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Except they'd be pitching it to Mike Rizzo, who'd remind the Reds he's got Trea Turner at SS. Only room for one on that boat. What the Nats really need is a top-end reliever. Maybe offer Hamilton and Raisel Ghul and see if DC's all in enough to offer up Victor Robles.
    Wait until the year after next year.

23. Likes:

kpresidente (05-01-2017)

Turn Off Ads?