Turn Off Ads?
Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Season

Re: 2017 NFL Season

Ian Rapoport‏
    @RapSheet

Sources: #Texans QB fear Deshaun Watson suffered a torn ACL in practice today. A non-contact injury. MRI coming to confirm. Awful, awful.

well this massively sucks
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    WOW!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    That really stinks. He had quickly become one of the most exciting players to watch in the NFL this year. Non contact injury makes you think of the Teddy Bridgewater injury from last year that he is still not back from

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

Deshaun Watson went down on a normal drill, running a read option, on a grass field, per source. Didn’t yell, trainers took him off field.

Looks like the sports gods sacrificed Deshaun Watson’s knee for a World Series title for Houston.

Seriously though, that really sucks. Hope he bounces back better than ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

7. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-02-2017),Kingspoint (11-02-2017)

Tannehill got hurt on a non contact play in practice and so did Bridgewater, IIRC. I don't know how tou can prevent something like that from happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Watson had previously suffered a torn ACL at Clemson I think 3 years ago. I am not sure if it is the same one or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Kizer's problems are not talent related. They are "partying" related. Trust me.
    The "USC-Star-player" phenomenon. Which takes us to the "immaturity" and "work ethics" red flags I mentioned that are identifiable before seeing any on-field QB play. You are certainly closer to the situation.

I gleened before the draft, though based on little to go on, a cockiness that spoke of arrogance rather than overcondidence, and partying with tens millions of dollars on the line and within his grasp would support arrogance and not overconfidence. It's why I stated I wouldn't draft him in any round.

But, an arrogant personality isn't teachable, and he showed an ability to read defenses earlier than the average Rookie QB, which tells me that he's teachable. If his partying was just normal College shenanigans, it's possible that he is just overly confident in his abilities and being removed from the Star treatment which surrounded him whereever he went, he has shown the maturity to enter a professional world.

We'll see. If he continues to party, then his career is over.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 11-02-2017 at 06:44 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    That and he’s extremely raw. He’s a less polished version of Johnny Manziel and that’s the last thing Cleveland needs.

If I’m a Browns fan, the nice thing about the botched trade is Sashi Brown and Hue Jackson will be gone and hopefully Haslam will hire somebody who will go for “win now”. Draft Rosen or Lamar Jackson and build around them.
    I see the best thing out of this is that Haslem is supporting Jackson and seeking continuity at the Coaching and Management level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    He wouldn't be the first. Akili Smith had that issue; not to mention that guy from Tex A&M
    That wasn't Akili's issue. He was just too stupid to read an NFL Defensive scheme and react to it.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 11-02-2017 at 07:00 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    That wasn't Akili's issue. He was just too stupid to read an NFL Defensive scheme and react to it.l
    Akili Smith was Vince Young before anyone ever heard of the Wonderlic.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

That wasn't Akili's issue. He was just too stupid to read an NFL Defensive scheme and react to it.
    That too but he later admitted problems with alcoholism while a Bengal

Deshawn Watson is another red flag for the mobile QB. They're so enticing but they're also so injury prone in the NFL. I get that this happened in practice in a non contact fashion but the mobile QBs are more prone to these sorts of injuries. Time will tell whether Watson turns out to be injury prone.

And, yes, I do have a tendency to speak in absolutes too often. In Kizer's case I did by stating too early he was a franchise player.

And, yes, I do have a tendency to speak in absolutes too often. In Kizer's case I did by stating too early he was a franchise player.
    No need to call yourself out. It's one of the things I enjoy about you. It's just sports. It's not life or death. It makes for good conversation and banter

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-03-2017),ScotlandRed (11-05-2017)

*adds Houston to the list of teams to play defenses against*. This season really sucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?