Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated BA Top 100

Updated BA Top 100

Not real good for the Reds overall. Only 2 members Senzel #6, Garrett #63.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...mKisda6cqVI.97
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Updated BA Top 100

Winker officially no longer a top 100 prospect.

Hindsight is 20/20, but his value is mostly shot with having 0 power, unfortunately won't be able to get back much in a trade at this point.

At this point have to hope and pray he starts at least hitting doubles. As it is, he's just a slow Punch and Judy, as Chuckie would say.

I accept some blame as I have a signed Jesse Winker bat hanging up in my basement.

4. Likes:

REDREAD (05-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Winker officially no longer a top 100 prospect.

Hindsight is 20/20, but his value is mostly shot with having 0 power, unfortunately won't be able to get back much in a trade at this point.

At this point have to hope and pray he starts at least hitting doubles. As it is, he's just a slow Punch and Judy, as Chuckie would say.

I accept some blame as I have a signed Jesse Winker bat hanging up in my basement.
    He's 23 man, you really think he's never going to hit another HR?
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Development isn't linear.

7. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (05-22-2017)

Can you both admit to being at least concerned? Good lord.

9. Likes:

kpresidente (05-11-2017),M2 (05-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    He's 23 man, you really think he's never going to hit another HR?
    Like, 1 more? Idk, we'll see

Yeah, he will hit a couple, but I doubt he will all of a sudden start hitting dongs all over the place. Dude can't even hit doubles right now. I understand he is 23, but that excuse only goes so far. It's his 2nd year at AAA and he is rocking a .320 slugging percentage through 29 games.

Like I said, I am invested in this guy, been watching him for years and fully expected him to be a starter in the Reds OF for years. I take no pleasure in what I am saying and what I see. Quite sad about it, really. But, he just doesn't look like a major league bat moving forward. The way he reacts to this start and finish out 2017 will either make his career or break it, IMO.

11. Likes:

REDREAD (05-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    My lawyer told me to never admit anything without him being present. And he's not here.

It's like the "This if fine" meme should accompany posts on Winker at this point.

Like, 1 more? Idk, we'll see

Yeah, he will hit a couple, but I doubt he will all of a sudden start hitting dongs all over the place. Dude can't even hit doubles right now. I understand he is 23, but that excuse only goes so far. It's his 2nd year at AAA and he is rocking a .320 slugging percentage through 29 games.

Like I said, I am invested in this guy, been watching him for years and fully expected him to be a starter in the Reds OF for years. I take no pleasure in what I am saying and what I see. Quite sad about it, really. But, he just doesn't look like a major league bat moving forward. The way he reacts to this start and finish out 2017 will either make his career or break it, IMO.
    When he slugged .500 in the second half in Pensacola a few years ago, the idea of him slugging .320 was also some crazy idea, too. I'm sure you would have laughed if someone suggested it at the time.

He's working on some stuff right now. Let's see what happens over the next, month. Two months.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    My lawyer told me to never admit anything without him being present. And he's not here.
    Well, let's get Raisor in here, then.

Well, let's get Raisor in here, then.
    You think I'd trust him with anything beyond bird law?

17. Likes:

cincyinco (05-11-2017),RedTeamGo! (05-11-2017),TheBigLebowski (05-11-2017),Tom Servo (05-11-2017)

LOL at Mahle not being on there.

He might need to start throwing perfect games to get attention. Or put up numbers that are off-the-charts good.

Oh wait.
    Last edited by Jordan; 05-11-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I'm really not. I saw Winker hit a pair of home runs in spring training, and we live in a world where Yonder Alonso is suddenly a power slugger.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Also, Austin Meadows is the most-overrated prospect in all of baseball.

Everyone that is concerned with Winker's stats at Louisville ... check out Meadows' numbers at Indianapolis:

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2017/ALL

#4 prospect in all of baseball? Uh, I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Also, Austin Meadows is the most-overrated prospect in all of baseball.

Everyone that is concerned with Winker's stats at Louisville ... check out Meadows' numbers at Indianapolis:

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2017/ALL

#4 prospect in all of baseball? Uh, I think not.
    One month. He's literally played one month this season.

How many times have you watched Austin Meadows play?
    Did you look at the numbers he put up last season in Double-A as a 21-year-old? I know you love you some numbers. One month of play should not be changing the opinion of a player unless they found extra velocity, picked up a new pitch, or re-worked their entire swing and went from Yonder Alonso 2015 to Yonder Alonso 2017.

Turn Off Ads?