Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Updated BA Top 100

Re: Updated BA Top 100

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Glad this little tift is over. But hey, it sure beat spending the morning in the Garrett thread. Amirite?
    I'm still heavily regretting my contributions to that thread this morning.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    Meadows reminds me a little bit of Francisco Lindor (though he's not quite as impactful on D) in that he doesn't have the loud tools that some of the other uber prospects have, he's simply pretty good at everything and one of the surest bets to be an above average ML player in the minors. Perhaps that's not the profile some would like at #4 overall but he's but he's a really, really good player.
    To be fair, the Baseball America scouting report entering the season had him with 4 60 grade tools, and a 5th 55 tool.

Basically, that's suggesting that he's a 25 HR, .280-.285 hitting center fielder who can steal you 20+ bases. That's pretty much Andrew McCutchen in his 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Winker officially no longer a top 100 prospect.

Hindsight is 20/20, but his value is mostly shot with having 0 power, unfortunately won't be able to get back much in a trade at this point.

At this point have to hope and pray he starts at least hitting doubles. As it is, he's just a slow Punch and Judy, as Chuckie would say.

I accept some blame as I have a signed Jesse Winker bat hanging up in my basement.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

5. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (09-18-2017),cincyinco (09-16-2017),Edd Roush (09-16-2017),RED VAN HOT (09-16-2017)

I never gave up on Winker's power as some did. I must admit, he is exceeding the 15-20 HR/season I had expected. very pure swing, consistent solid contact, tough out. Bat him 1 and Hamilton 9.

7. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-16-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Nothing I said was really wrong at the time, he was hitting only singles at AAA.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Like, 1 more? Idk, we'll see

Yeah, he will hit a couple, but I doubt he will all of a sudden start hitting dongs all over the place. Dude can't even hit doubles right now. I understand he is 23, but that excuse only goes so far. It's his 2nd year at AAA and he is rocking a .320 slugging percentage through 29 games.

Like I said, I am invested in this guy, been watching him for years and fully expected him to be a starter in the Reds OF for years. I take no pleasure in what I am saying and what I see. Quite sad about it, really. But, he just doesn't look like a major league bat moving forward. The way he reacts to this start and finish out 2017 will either make his career or break it, IMO.
    Should have quoted this one, I think the way he ended this season is going to give him a MLB career of at least 4-5 years.

Nothing I said was really wrong at the time, he was hitting only singles at AAA.
    I'm not sold on 6 HR in Cincy but many of us thought 1) his wrist injury was slow to heal and his power would return and 2) the move to Cincy and the Juiced Ball MLB was only going to help.

Of course your facts were right in the present but a few of us saw the power returning.

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-17-2017),alwaysawarrior (09-18-2017),StRedlegs900 (09-18-2017),Tom Servo (09-16-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I'm not sold on 6 HR in Cincy but many of us thought 1) his wrist injury was slow to heal and his power would return and 2) the move to Cincy and the Juiced Ball MLB was only going to help.

Of course your facts were right in the present but a few of us saw the power returning.
    Great, and I'm glad I was wrong, but acting like my comments at the time were ridiculous is kind of lame, I personally would have posted my own post(s) being proven correct if I were Tom, but whatever.

13. Likes:

Sea Ray (09-18-2017)

Great, and I'm glad I was wrong, but acting like my comments at the time were ridiculous is kind of lame, I personally would have posted my own post(s) being proven correct if I were Tom, but whatever.
    Ah don't take it so personally my man, your Winker beliefs were obviously shared by a bunch of people. Look at the first page, I was getting grief merely for saying I wasn't worried. But you are always very blunt instead of hedging so your post was easy to single out.

It's still not as bad as having a 'David Holmberg Appreciation Thread' dredged back up.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

15. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-17-2017)

I still think this is a question. I like Winker, but it can go as fast as it came. The mega Law Firm of Dickerson, Negron, Stynes, Peraza, Paul and Nunnally warn these post All Star break "break-outs" can be scams on the public.

Now Winker is obviously a guy with higher expectations than those guys, so I'm a lot more hopeful about him than I was any of those, but I still think we are in wait and see mode at this point.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I still think this is a question. I like Winker, but it can go as fast as it came. The mega Law Firm of Dickerson, Negron, Stynes, Peraza, Paul and Nunnally warn these post All Star break "break-outs" can be scams on the public.

Now Winker is obviously a guy with higher expectations than those guys, so I'm a lot more hopeful about him than I was any of those, but I still think we are in wait and see mode at this point.
    Xavier Paul 4 Life. He didn't get a fair shake.

Also, in this post are you officially writing Peraza off?

Xavier Paul 4 Life. He didn't get a fair shake.

Also, in this post are you officially writing Peraza off?
    I know it makes me evil, but I wrote Peaza off the day they acquired him. He's a bench player. He's probably better than Ivan De Jesus.

I thought the Reds were a little quick to release Paul, but he hasn't emerged elsewhere so they were right about it.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Turn Off Ads?