Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm bored - Reds Depth Chart (guess) MLB to Dayton

I'm bored - Reds Depth Chart (guess) MLB to Dayton

Got bored and time on my hands. Made Google Sheet. Pretty sure you can't embed it live

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I'm open for suggestions on who to place where. I'm starting with Cincy and logical locations for big name minor leaguers
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Likes:

BillDoran (02-10-2018),mth123 (02-10-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I'm bored - Reds Depth Chart (guess) MLB to Dayton

I'd put Turner behind the plate in L'Ville. Is Wallach still around? I'd also guess Herrera or Sweeney might be in the bench mix as well. I'd add Weiss & Crockett to the L'ville pen too with Reed & Garrett in the Bats rotation.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 02-10-2018 at 12:59 AM.

Add Turner. Wallach is with Miami. Did most of those. Brain fog. Can't remember who Sweeney is. Time to Google.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 02-10-2018 at 01:00 AM.

I'd swap spots with Stephenson and Romano. Reed and Garrett in the AAA rotation as well with Lopez kicked back to AA to make one spot and maybe Keury Mella as well, but I'd guess an injury will have him in the AAA rotation come opening day. I'd have Crockett in the big league pen in Garrett's place and convert that 13th pitcher to a position player. Darnell Sweeney might be a choice there, but I hope for better.

Some missing names (maybe more later):

Joe Mantiply (AA pen??), Eric Jageilo (AAA IF2??), Dylan Floro (AA Pen??), Mason Williams (AAA OF), Rosell Herrera (AAA OF), Brian O'Grady (AA OF with Freidl back to A+ and Maridrosian to the bench in A+). Alejo Lopez would be the 3B in A- with Luis Gonzalez playing 3B at A+. Wyatt Strahan would be in the AA rotation I'd think. Calten Daal is still around and might be the SS at AAA with Blandino at 3B, Perez at 2B and hopefully Senzel on the big league roster, but that's obviously a stretch, so not sure how to fit them all in. Randy Ventura, Daniel Sweet and Michael Beltre are in the OF mix in A+ or A- somewhere. Ben Rowen is another name in the AAA/AA bullpen mix. I thought the Reds signed Tony Cruz to a minor league deal to be the other AAA catcher, but I can't remember for sure.
    Last edited by mth123; 02-10-2018 at 08:26 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

More names. Not sure where they all fit.

Joe Hudson (AA C??), Zeke White (A- OF?), Tyler Mondile (A- Bullpen or rotation). Matt Blandino (A+ or A- rotation), Austin Orweiler (A+ Bullpen), Malik Collymore and John Sansone (A+ 2B?), Taylor Sparks (3B AA??). Narciso Crook (A+ OF??) Brantley Bell (A+ 2B), Jose Duarte (A+ C), Mitch Trees (A- C), Hendrik Clemintina (A- C) Mark Colosvary (A- C), Daniel Wright (AAA or AA swingman), Connor Bennett (A+ Bullpen). Max Wotell (Injured List??)

Guys who may still be around. Blake Butler, DJ Peterson, Evan Mitchell, Joel Bender, Jake Paulson, Brennan Bernardino, Rafeal Depaula.
    Last edited by mth123; 02-10-2018 at 08:07 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I went to bed as I was hitting Dayton/Daytona. Not done by any means, so will check out the guys you mention. Slotting these makes you realize there are some hard choices. And in different ways. In some places it seems you have too many bodies for the available positions, and in others you can't find a guy deserving of the slot.

AAA is going to have a very good rotation it would seem.

Mitch Trees released BTW.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 02-10-2018 at 04:17 PM.

9. Likes:

mth123 (02-10-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I went to bed as I was hitting Dayton/Daytona. Not done by any means, so will check out the guys you mention. Slotting these makes you realize there are some hard choices. And in different ways. In some places it seems you have too many bodies for the available positions, and in others you can't find a guy deserving of the slot.

AAA is going to have a very rotation it would seem.

Mitch Trees released BTW.
    That may be the move I was trying to remember. I was thinking Boulware was the guy released, but that's probably just me being confused. I knew they let a catcher go.

Fun exercise. Some guys will be left without a chair when the music stops. Does the new short season league start this year? It might make a spot for some of the glut. I have a few other names I'm unsure of, but I'll wait until you finish up before bombarding you with any more.

I think I've done all I'm going to do with it. I was never trying to ID all the players, just the "name" players and where they might go. If you want to edit it to add guys let me know.

12. Likes:

marcshoe (02-11-2018),mth123 (02-11-2018)

Mitch Nay - Dayton or Daytona
    Luis Heredia - Pensacola
    Ben Rowen - Louisville
    Tony Cruz - Louisville
    Dylan Floro - Louisville
    Dan Wright - Pensacola or Louisville
    Jared Mitchell - Pensacola or Louisville
    Kevin Canelon - Daytona or Pensacola
    Victor Payano - Pensacola or Louisville
    Rosell Herrera - Louisville
    Mason Williams - Louisville
    Joe Mantiply - Louisville
    Jose Adames - Dayton or Daytona
    Randy Ventura - Dayton or Daytona
    D.J. Peterson - Louisville

14. Likes:

mth123 (02-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Mitch Nay - Dayton or Daytona
    Luis Heredia - Pensacola
    Ben Rowen - Louisville
    Tony Cruz - Louisville
    Dylan Floro - Louisville
    Dan Wright - Pensacola or Louisville
    Jared Mitchell - Pensacola or Louisville
    Kevin Canelon - Daytona or Pensacola
    Victor Payano - Pensacola or Louisville
    Rosell Herrera - Louisville
    Mason Williams - Louisville
    Joe Mantiply - Louisville
    Jose Adames - Dayton or Daytona
    Randy Ventura - Dayton or Daytona
    D.J. Peterson - Louisville
    This is a general question. Anyone know if any of these guys are still around?

Ismael Guillon
    Reydal Medina
    Joel Bender
    Evan Mitchell
    Refael de Paula
    Brian O'Grady
    Juan Martinez
    Eric Jageilo
    Blake Butler
    Mitch PIatnik
    Seth Varner

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

It's Montrell Marshall still in the organization?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

[QUOTE=mth123;3742998]This is a general question. Anyone know if any of these guys are still around?

Ismael Guillon - free agent (as far as I know)
    Reydel Medina - Pensacola
    Joel Bender - Daytona or Pensacola
    Evan Mitchell - Pensacola or Louisville
    Refael de Paula - Pensacola
    Brian O'Grady - Pensacola
    Juan Martinez - Daytona or Pensacola
    Eric Jageilo - Louisville
    Blake Butler - released
    Mitch PIatnik - Daytona
    Seth Varner - Daytona or Pensacola

18. Likes:

mth123 (02-12-2018)

Good effort. Most missing guys have been added by other folks in this thread. One name I do not see is Luis Gonzalez. He played hurt in 2016 coming off a broken ankle and recovery from surgery, which really hurt his status as a prospect after he had opened a lot of eyes in big league spring training in 2015. There are a lot of people who tell you that he and A. Rodriguez are basically the same player and some credible people have told me they like Gonzalez as the better prospect of the two. That is an example of something you hear that does not match what the prospect lists would say. Gonzo is not going to walk much so those who use OPS as a big indicator are not going to like him.

Looking at the system overall, some thoughts:

Strengths: Louisville pitching staff in general, Daytona outfield.
    Weaknesses: Outfields in Louisville and Pensacola are extremely weak, especially Pensacola. Fifth starter at Pensacola is a complete question mark (Payano? D Wright?). Questions are to whether Jordan and Romero move up to Daytona and if they do, the back end of the Dayton rotation looks questionable. Triple-A shortstop is a question mark.

20. Likes:

Edd Roush (02-12-2018),lollipopcurve (02-12-2018),Old school 1983 (02-13-2018),REDREAD (02-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    Weaknesses: Outfields in Louisville and Pensacola are extremely weak, especially Pensacola. Fifth starter at Pensacola is a complete question mark (Payano? D Wright?). Questions are to whether Jordan and Romero move up to Daytona and if they do, the back end of the Dayton rotation looks questionable. Triple-A shortstop is a question mark.
    Agreed on the Louisville OF. Elizalde's likely league average or a bit better. (He'd be a fine AAA platoon guy.) Williams is a cipher at this point. Goeddel's somewhere around league average.

The AA OF could have a sleeper or two. Both Longhi and Aquino have talent. Aquino's a season removed from a monster season. Longhi's young for the level. Both could surprise. (Guerrero, should he repeat, might also be surprisingly solid.)

Pensacola's fifth starter could well be Seth Varner. Lopez will probably be kept in AA for half a season or so, as some combination of Mella, Reed, Garrett, Mahle, and Stephens (or Stephenson or Romano or Worley or someone else) would be in AAA. That'd make it Lopez, Reyes, Strahan, and Gutierrez. Varner was hurt last season and struggled the season before. But he doesn't walk anyone. Might be the guy.

Does your Dayton staff start with Greene, Sceroler, and Naughton?

Can Darnell Sweeney and Alex Blandino fake it well enough at SS until Calten Daal shows up?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

If Trammell handles A+ ok, he will almost certainly move up to AA by mid-season. Friedl could also start out in AA if he shows well in spring training.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?