Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Minor League Transactions

Re: 2017 Minor League Transactions

Just noticed the Reds released Kyle McMyne from Louisville a few days ago in a move that was probably long overdue. Alfred Mena, who was in Dayton, was also given his walking papers. And as was reported a few days ago, the Reds said aloha (in the goodbye sense) to Ian Kahaloa.

As mace commented on in the Player of the Day thread last night, the Reds signed RHP Rafael De Paula the other day and assigned him to A+
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

2. Likes:

BillDoran (08-21-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    As mace commented on in the Player of the Day thread last night, the Reds signed RHP Rafael De Paula the other day and assigned him to A+
    Here's a report I found on him:
    The Yankees signed De Paula out of the Dominican Republic in 2010. He earned a $500,000 bonus but it took some doing: his identity was in question, with De Paula having used various names and birthdays since scouts started showing interest in him. Once his identity was finally settled, he was suspended for a year until eventually signing the Yankees contract.

He finally got to North America in 2013, posting a 2.94 ERA in 13 starts for Low-A Charleston last year, with a 96/23 K/BB in 64 innings. Promoted to High-A Tampa in the second half, he struggled with his command and his secondary pitches, resulting in a 6.06 ERA in 49 innings and a 50/30 K/BB. He's improved in 2014, lowering his ERA to 4.15 for Tampa with a 104/38 K/BB in 88 innings.

Listed at 6-2, 215, De Paula's current birthday is March 24, 1991. He had one of the top fastballs in the Yankees system, consistently in the mid-90s with movement. However, his slider and changeup are very erratic and he loses the touch with his mechanics at times, hampering his control. Many scouts see him as a future reliever due to his inconsistency with his secondary pitches.

5. Likes:

BillDoran (08-21-2017),Tom Servo (08-21-2017)

Cincinnati Reds
    @reds

#Reds return from a rehabilitation assignment, reinstate from the 60-day disabled list and outright to Triple-A Louisville RHP Nefi Ogando.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Is a player on paternity leave off the 40 man roster until the three days expires? I count 40 with the addition of Ogando. When Mahle is added, then I think Feldman goes to the 60DDL. When Turner returns Monday, then what? a DFA? Is someone else done for the year? Usually I am wrong about these things, so I am counting on RZ to clear this up.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Is a player on paternity leave off the 40 man roster until the three days expires? I count 40 with the addition of Ogando. When Mahle is added, then I think Feldman goes to the 60DDL. When Turner returns Monday, then what? a DFA? Is someone else done for the year? Usually I am wrong about these things, so I am counting on RZ to clear this up.
    Ogando being outrighted to AAA means he is off the 40 Man.

9. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (08-26-2017),RED VAN HOT (08-26-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Ogando being outrighted to AAA means he is off the 40 Man.
    S

Thanks. Just for clarification, was he designated for assignment and not claimed before being outrighted? The proximity of the 60 day action and the AAA assignment was confusing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    S

Thanks. Just for clarification, was he designated for assignment and not claimed before being outrighted? The proximity of the 60 day action and the AAA assignment was confusing to me.
    You are correct. He had to go unclaimed before being outrighted. Actually he has not been a factor on the 40 man roster for a long time. He hasn't been on it for at least the past 60 days

The Reds released Lisalverto Bonilla last week. If this was posted elsewhere, my bad.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...GXSU0SGxyXf.97

Cincinnati Reds
    Released: RHP Alexander Perez | RHP Yerry Santos | LHP Gregory Reinoso | SS Gabriel Ovalle | SS Alejandro Paulino | SS Ermys Reyes

Ovalle was the only one to get out of DSL/Arizona purgatory I believe, and he was just a body to send to the different affiliates.

14. Likes:

camisadelgolf (11-02-2017),lollipopcurve (11-02-2017),RED VAN HOT (11-02-2017)

The Reds have also released RP Nick Routt, IF Blake Butler, SP Matt Blandino, RP Lucas Benenati, RP Andrew Wright, C Mitch Trees, RP Isaac Anesty, and OF William Nava. None of the 8 were major acquisitions when they were drafted/signed, Trees received the largest signing bonus of them at 300K$ back in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    The Reds have also released RP Nick Routt, IF Blake Butler, SP Matt Blandino, RP Lucas Benenati, RP Andrew Wright, C Mitch Trees, RP Isaac Anesty, and OF William Nava. None of the 8 were major acquisitions when they were drafted/signed, Trees received the largest signing bonus of them at 300K$ back in 2014.
    I had high hopes for Trees when he signed. I guess I'm going to have to pine after another rookie-ball catcher now...

... I'll see myself out...

17. Likes:

757690 (11-07-2017),cincyinco (11-18-2017),Edd Roush (11-07-2017),klw (11-07-2017),WrongVerb (11-07-2017)

Must be frustrating for him. It seemed like he had a big league career in the palm of his hands.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

19. Likes:

Edd Roush (11-07-2017),texasdave (11-07-2017),WrongVerb (11-07-2017)

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

I wonder if he'll get picked up by Oakland.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -- Isaac Asimov

21. Likes:

Edd Roush (11-07-2017),klw (11-07-2017)

Mitch's problem was that he couldn't hit the forest for the Trees.

I guess Mitch followed when Blake Wood was let go.

Good luck to him with his new organization. Seemed like he had potential.
    Last edited by Kc61; 11-07-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Turn Off Ads?