Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Minor League Transactions

Re: 2017 Minor League Transactions

I think the root of the problem with all these puns is there is so little going on, we just can't leaf it alone. But being from the sticks myself, I can't really find fault in any of this.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    There are several guys on the list I'd like to see signed as organizational filler but only McGuire and Wojo hold any real interest for me (as relief possibilities) for the big league club. Any that aren't re-signed will be replaced by similar quality signed from other organizations
    I would like to keep Iribarren in the system to serve as a mentor and transition him into a coaching role.

4. Likes:

mace (11-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I would like to keep Iribarren in the system to serve as a mentor and transition him into a coaching role.
    Besides, Louisville needs a good reliever....
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    RHP Rafael De Paula and LHP Joel Bender got resigned amid all of the cuts.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...wr8hYyHD4Ka.99
    DePaula's got some interesting peripherals. Lots of K's.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...ZVyLCSPAe25.97

Any names jump out at you? I think the Reds could be all over Dante Bichette Jr since in the past few years they've really liked Yankees prospects (even if there hasn't been much payoff besides Angelo Gumbs being a good org guy). I still think maybe Williams Perez could become something, I'd pick him up for minor league depth and hope to straighten him out. Mark Montgomery is another former Yankees farmhand who's had good success in the minors in relief.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Anthony Gose as a pitcher.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...back-to-majors

Two of his Lakeland outings were bad (nine batters faced, two hits, four walks and a hit batter). But seven of his last eight have been very good (8.0 innings, no runs, two hits, one walk, 12 strikeouts combined).
    Unless, he got injured. In which case, he would fit right in.

Any names jump out at you? I think the Reds could be all over Dante Bichette Jr since in the past few years they've really liked Yankees prospects (even if there hasn't been much payoff besides Angelo Gumbs being a good org guy). I still think maybe Williams Perez could become something, I'd pick him up for minor league depth and hope to straighten him out. Mark Montgomery is another former Yankees farmhand who's had good success in the minors in relief.
    Miami's AA team is in town, Cupboards are bare. But I wouldn't mind us picking up lefty Matt Tomshaw,
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

I didn't see Deck McGuire on the list for the Reds. Did I miss a transaction?

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I didn't see Deck McGuire on the list for the Reds. Did I miss a transaction?
    I think guys who opted for free agency after being outrighted aren't included (no Kivlehan either, or a guy like Leonys Martin from the Cubs), just the ones who were free agents as soon as the minor league season ended.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

12. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (11-12-2017)

I think guys who opted for free agency after being outrighted aren't included (no Kivlehan either, or a guy like Leonys Martin from the Cubs), just the ones who were free agents as soon as the minor league season ended.
    That makes sense, but wouldn't Chacin have fallen into that category as well?

Felix Doubront and Wade Leblanc might make decent left-handed relief depth.

Anybody got any ideas for catching depth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I agree with everything here except the part about Trump promising to drain the swamp of rich elites. When did he say that? I think he's putting in rich guys with the idea that they can't be bought. I don't think he ever promised not to put in rich white guys.

Maple.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Felix Doubront and Wade Leblanc might make decent left-handed relief depth.

Anybody got any ideas for catching depth?
    Both LeBlanc and Doubront would be fine AAAA additions, IMO.

As for catching, Willians Astudillo looks like he has a plan offensively. As a third catcher and AAA depth, would could certainly do worse. Even as a second catcher (should Mesoraco get injured again), I'd prefer him to Turner.

Mark Sheldon‏
    @m_sheldon

#reds signed LHP Joe Mantiply to minor league contract, came with Major League camp invite.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=mantip001jos

Pretty good minor league numbers on ol Multiply, seems odd he hasn't really gotten a shot yet but he seems like a classic "His stuff is rather underwhelming so he has to prove himself, but until he proves himself his stuff seems too underwhelming" guy.

18. Likes:

Edd Roush (11-14-2017)

Mantiply is a good guy to for a look-see. Lefty. Career K rate of nearly 9 with a 2.2 BB rate looks really solid. Not much of a split, so he's likely a long relief arm or mop-up guy.

From an old (2016) scouting report on a Tiger blog and the Detroit News:

Mantiply isn't necessarily a soft-tossing lefty, but he doesn't have the fastball velocity of Phil Coke and Ian Krol, who can work into the mid-90s at times. Mantiply tops out around 91-92 miles per hour, but will probably sit at 89-90 miles per hour
    He's also got a plus change-up — that's actually been his best pitch for some time, dating to high school
    Not a bad AAAA depth guy who pitches if there may catch lightning in a bottle at some point. Big baseball IQ might mean he pitches above his head for a year or two.

20. Likes:

Edd Roush (11-14-2017),Tom Servo (11-14-2017)

Turn Off Ads?