Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: 2017 Reds Draft Picks and Signings

Re: 2017 Reds Draft Picks and Signings

Are they going to let him continue his own throwing regimen? Who knows maybe he can teach the Reds staff a few things.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I think there has been a tendency to blame Greene's greed for the Reds failing to sign more players with over slot money. I think this is unfair. The Reds had to know going in that they were not going to save any significant amount on Greene's signing. If the goal was to sign additional players over slot, then they should have looked to make up the difference elsewhere in the top 10. They didn't, probably because they valued their top ten selections more highly. Nor was it a given that the Reds would spend right up to the draft position loss penalty amount. Like others, I confess a measure of disappointment that more players were not signed, but I think the Reds got pretty much the players they wanted. Nice draft.
    Thoughtful post. Reds obviously felt Greene's quality was more important than quantity this year.

They compensated, at least in part, by the trade of Int'l allotment money for the Red Sox prospect last week. Nick Longhi.

First advice to Greene.... "If Finnegan wants to take you on a spin in his new boat politely refuse."
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-11-2017),JaxRed (07-09-2017),redsmetz (07-12-2017)

Reds ended up signing Michael Bono, 32nd rounder.

7. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-10-2017),Gallen5862 (07-11-2017),lollipopcurve (07-10-2017),RED VAN HOT (07-10-2017),RedlegJake (08-27-2017),redsmetz (07-12-2017)

Turn Off Ads?