Thread: Reds Third Round Pick Jacob Heatherly

Re: Reds Third Round Pick Jacob Heatherly

Sorry I read this

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wally post View Post
    Sorry I read this
    I would apologize, but I wouldn't mean it. I'll continue to call out anyone for saying ridiculous things about 17-year-old baseball players as long as Redszone lets me keep posting. Maybe that makes me a psycho, but if so, I'm fine with that.

4. Likes:

OGB (10-10-2017)

Doug- No need to apologize. It would be nice to see people walk away when this happens though. I guess some need to see their voice in print "Hey look at me!"

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

I think there's some trolling going on.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -- Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I would apologize, but I wouldn't mean it. I'll continue to call out anyone for saying ridiculous things about 17-year-old baseball players as long as Redszone lets me keep posting. Maybe that makes me a psycho, but if so, I'm fine with that.
    For God's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post
    If you had told me that Jacob Heatherly's thread would end up being a critique of a random 17-year old international player in the Dodger's system...

... I wouldn't have been surprised because this is Redszone...
    Damn right
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I agree with everything here except the part about Trump promising to drain the swamp of rich elites. When did he say that? I think he's putting in rich guys with the idea that they can't be bought. I don't think he ever promised not to put in rich white guys.

10. Likes:

cincyinco (10-09-2017)

Reds prospect to watch: LHP Jacob Heatherly

Good stuff from Doug here about Heatherly, turns out "the cement is largely dry on his stuff" at 90-92 mph was not the case as Fangraphs said last year.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

12. Likes:

dougdirt (06-12-2018),REDREAD (06-13-2018)

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Looking forward to seeing this guy develop. He's been trending downward but has good upside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Reds prospect to watch: LHP Jacob Heatherly

Good stuff from Doug here about Heatherly, turns out "the cement is largely dry on his stuff" at 90-92 mph was not the case as Fangraphs said last year.
    Sounds like development is on par. I like it!

Doug, how's Heatherly's control and command now, with the uptick in pitch speed?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -- Isaac Asimov

Maybe this is a sign there is hope for the Reds is starting to "develop" pitchers as well.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Can I get an update on batter #3?

16. Likes:

Griffey012 (06-12-2018),podgejeff_ (06-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I'll go out on a limb: it's not going well.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Albert Suarez slashed .211/.290/.286.

On the plus side, he's started school for accounting and shows a ton of promise.

19. Likes:

JaxRed (06-12-2018),kaldaniels (06-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post
    Albert Suarez slashed .211/.290/.286.

On the plus side, he's started school for accounting and shows a ton of promise.
    He also had a 9.8% BB rate and 10.7% K rate. Those are pretty good for a 17 year old. At 5'11 150 lbs I am sure he is lacking in pop, but he can put the bat on the ball a bit.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Just a quick fun fact/story while I take a break from being negative.
    Heatherlys high school, Cullman, is who we beat to win the state championship my senior year. They had Josh Rutledge and Caleb Clay(late 1st round pitcher). We had just gotten past Russell County, who was the best team in the nation the year before and still really strong, when Cullman beat us game 1.
    They were up 3-1 in the top of the 7th of game 2 when yours truly hit a 2 run triple down the line to tie the game. Got knocked in And we went on to win that game and game 3 for the title. Very good baseball in Alabama back in the mid 00s

22. Likes:

camisadelgolf (06-14-2018),WrongVerb (06-12-2018)

Turn Off Ads?