Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 NHL season

2017-18 NHL season

The Golden Knights (still sounds like something you have to pay extra for in Vegas) had their expansion draft. Big name is Marc-Andre Fleury. Would have taken Nick Bonino off the Pens instead. Got a feeling Flower could be trade bait. James Neal, David Perron, Marc Methot and Cody Eakin are in there too, as well as Reilly Smith and Shea Theodore via trade. The acquired a pile of draft picks too. Should be interesting to see how they wheel and deal from here.

Columbus news: Torts won coach of the year. There will be no living with him now.
    Wait until the year after next year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2017-18 NHL season

They could have a great home record if their opponents enjoy the local activities too much.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

My Hawks went crazy today trading Hjalmasson and Panarin in separate deals. The good is cost certainty for the next few years and actually getting younger. It's easy to forget Panarin played in Russia before coming here. We also get back Saad [kneel before Saad!!!!].

The bad, Panarin is electric and we didn't exactly score at will. Hammer was the king of shotblocking. Losing them will hurt.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    My Hawks went crazy today trading Hjalmasson and Panarin in separate deals. The good is cost certainty for the next few years and actually getting younger. It's easy to forget Panarin played in Russia before coming here. We also get back Saad [kneel before Saad!!!!].

The bad, Panarin is electric and we didn't exactly score at will. Hammer was the king of shotblocking. Losing them will hurt.
    They will miss Hjalmarsson. He's a rock. The Coyotes also snagged Derek Stepan and Antti Raanta off the Rangers. Next move, leave Arizona.

Also looks like the Flyers fleeced the Blues. A useful player and potentially two #1s for Brayden Schenn? His contract is going to feel like baggage before he's done in St. Louis.

The Jordan Eberle for Ryan Strome deal is kind of fascinating too.

Reminder: I'm a hockey newcomer. I have a partial season ticket package to the Blue Jackets this season so I'm trying to get into it.

The Blue Jackets got what they needed with Panarin right? Felt like in that playoff series they needed offense (and better goalkeeping since Sergei disappeared, but obviously can't upgrade there since he's normally good.)

I watched a highlight video of Panarin and he looks like a lot of fun.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

Panarin is amazing as a scorer, defense...not so much. This years playoffs I almost give a pass on because Nashville made us look like fools all around. Last year in 7 games against the Blues though he didn't do alot. There were a lot of fans questioning his post season ability after two straight years of nothing. I say small sample size. Columbus has some size in general that may benefit him, the Hawks did not.

He should score, you know aside from Torts being an offensive suppressor at times. He's so much fun to watch and he does have a big personality when it's not lost in translation.

You guys are gonna love him. Also, welcome to hockey. It's just the best.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

8. Likes:

Redsfaithful (06-25-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    He should score, you know aside from Torts being an offensive suppressor at times.
    Whether Panarin fits inside a Torts system is the big question. I'm guessing Saad busts out now that he's back to Chicago.

10. Likes:

Joseph (06-30-2017)

Columbus continues to improve.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

The Blue Jackets have reportedly offered defenseman Ryan Murray as part of a package to get forward Matt Duchene out of Colorado.

Per Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch, the Jackets would also include another roster player, prospect, or draft pick.

It certainly makes sense that the two teams are talking. The Jackets are in win-now mode and could use a top center. Given they already have Zach Werenski, Seth Jones, Jack Johnson, and David Savard on the back end, Murray is somewhat expendable.
    http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/06/30/...o-get-duchene/
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

Season is up and running. Goals galore. And then there's this:

Chicago 10 Pittsburgh 1

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-07-2017),westofyou (10-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Season is up and running. Goals galore. And then there's this:

Chicago 10 Pittsburgh 1
    Ouch.. Wings open new digs with a W.

We like that in my house

16. Likes:

Fil3232 (10-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Ouch.. Wings open new digs with a W.

We like that in my house
    New arena looks awesome.

It does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Vegas Golden Knights (on the road, no less) become the first expansion team to win their league debut since both Ottawa and Tampa Bay did so in '92.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Whether Panarin fits inside a Torts system is the big question. I'm guessing Saad busts out now that he's back to Chicago.
    Gotta go check out Saad's involvement among those 10 goals vs the Pens.

edit...uh, you nailed it. Hat Trick!

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/video...ick/c-53196003

That third goal is unbelievable.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 10-07-2017 at 04:38 AM.

Turn Off Ads?