Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 69

Thread: 2017-18 NHL season

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    8,967
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  2. Likes:

    Joseph (10-07-2017)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #17
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    36,245

    Re: 2017-18 NHL season

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Gotta go check out Saad's involvement among those 10 goals vs the Pens.

    edit...uh, you nailed it. Hat Trick!

    https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/video...ick/c-53196003

    That third goal is unbelievable.
    Kane did some ridiculous things in that game. He made people look silly. If he's going to play at that level all season, just hand him the MVP.
    Wait until the year after next year.

  5. Likes:

    Joseph (10-07-2017)

  6. #18
    Member Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,764

    Re: 2017-18 NHL season

    I'm in the process of trying to get into hockey, just as a preface (much like I've tried to get into soccer this year - how about the Crew making the playoffs, yeah?)

    What's the deal with the scheduling? Do fans not get annoyed by back to back games with travel? It seems like the Blue Jackets are set up for an almost guaranteed L tonight in Chicago.

    You see it in the NBA a lot too, I realize, and I don't get it there either. It seems like you'd want teams always coming off at least one day off. I'm sure there are times it's unavoidable, so maybe that's the answer. Does it come down to wanting to play on the weekend as much as possible?
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

  7. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    8,967

    Re: 2017-18 NHL season

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I'm in the process of trying to get into hockey, just as a preface (much like I've tried to get into soccer this year - how about the Crew making the playoffs, yeah?)

    What's the deal with the scheduling? Do fans not get annoyed by back to back games with travel? It seems like the Blue Jackets are set up for an almost guaranteed L tonight in Chicago.

    You see it in the NBA a lot too, I realize, and I don't get it there either. It seems like you'd want teams always coming off at least one day off. I'm sure there are times it's unavoidable, so maybe that's the answer. Does it come down to wanting to play on the weekend as much as possible?
    The NHL package is free the first week.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  8. Likes:

    Joseph (10-07-2017),Redsfaithful (10-07-2017)

  9. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    8,967

    Re: 2017-18 NHL season

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Kane did some ridiculous things in that game. He made people look silly. If he's going to play at that level all season, just hand him the MVP.
    He scored 1:33 in vs. Columbus. Saad scored again (and assisted).
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  10. #21
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    36,245

    Re: 2017-18 NHL season

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I'm in the process of trying to get into hockey, just as a preface (much like I've tried to get into soccer this year - how about the Crew making the playoffs, yeah?)

    What's the deal with the scheduling? Do fans not get annoyed by back to back games with travel? It seems like the Blue Jackets are set up for an almost guaranteed L tonight in Chicago.

    You see it in the NBA a lot too, I realize, and I don't get it there either. It seems like you'd want teams always coming off at least one day off. I'm sure there are times it's unavoidable, so maybe that's the answer. Does it come down to wanting to play on the weekend as much as possible?
    Back-to-backs don't bug me. It's common at all levels of hockey.
    Wait until the year after next year.

  11. #22
    Member Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,764

    Re: 2017-18 NHL season

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Back-to-backs don't bug me. It's common at all levels of hockey.
    Adding in the travel is goofy. Predictable result last night.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

  12. #23
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    36,245

    Re: 2017-18 NHL season

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Adding in the travel is goofy. Predictable result last night.
    It really wasn't, at least because of the travel. Good teams routinely win those games.
    Wait until the year after next year.

  13. Likes:

    Redsfaithful (10-08-2017)

  14. #24
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    1,916

    Re: 2017-18 NHL season

    For almost two years, the Arizona Coyotes tried to trade Anthony Duclair.

    Now, the Chicago Blackhawks hope he’s the right fit for them.

    The Blackhawks acquired the talented but inconsistent 22-year-old winger from the Coyotes in a four-player trade Wednesday. Chicago also got them defenceman Adam Clendening and sent winger Richard Panik and minor league forward Laurent Dauphin to Arizona.

    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/b...richard-panik/
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

  15. Likes:

    Joseph (01-19-2018)

  16. #25
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    36,245

    Re: 2017-18 NHL season

    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    For almost two years, the Arizona Coyotes tried to trade Anthony Duclair.

    Now, the Chicago Blackhawks hope he’s the right fit for them.

    The Blackhawks acquired the talented but inconsistent 22-year-old winger from the Coyotes in a four-player trade Wednesday. Chicago also got them defenceman Adam Clendening and sent winger Richard Panik and minor league forward Laurent Dauphin to Arizona.

    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/b...richard-panik/
    That's a potentially great deal for the Blackhawks. Don't sleep on the Clendening part either. He's a puck-moving defenseman who could thrive in the right system.
    Wait until the year after next year.

  17. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (01-11-2018)

  18. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    3,482

    Re: 2017-18 NHL season

    Stanley Cup in Vegas!

    Hard to believe an expansion team is the best team in the West and second best team in the entire NHL.

  19. Likes:

    Chip R (01-11-2018)

  20. #27
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    48,373

    Re: 2017-18 NHL season

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Stanley Cup in Vegas!

    Hard to believe an expansion team is the best team in the West and second best team in the entire NHL.
    They’ll tank is my guess, that said the league seems in a state of transition, very odd year so far

  21. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (01-11-2018)

  22. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    3,482

    Re: 2017-18 NHL season

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    They’ll tank is my guess
    Thrashed the Lightening in Tampa last night. Very close to being the best team in the NHL over halfway through.

  23. #29
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    39,256

    Re: 2017-18 NHL season

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

  24. Likes:

    Joseph (01-20-2018),Revering4Blue (02-03-2018)

  25. #30
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    36,245

    Re: 2017-18 NHL season

    No place holds a torch for its former team quite like Connecticut does the Hartford Whalers (well, maybe Quebec City). What next? Kevin Dineen becomes the state bird?
    Wait until the year after next year.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | JaxRed | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | The Operator