Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2017

College Football 2017

I believe fall camps start today.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: College Football 2018

Wouldn't this be for College Football 2017?

Well, the championship game will be played in 2018.

Basically, I'm just a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Well, the championship game will be played in 2018.

Basically, I'm just a moron.
    You're definitely not a moron...you're a lawyer though...

Re: College Football 2017

I changed to 2017 since the entire regular season will be in this calendar year.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I thought we were just getting an early start on talking about Ohio State's title defense.

8. Likes:

BillDoran (08-01-2017),bucksfan2 (07-31-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I thought we were just getting an early start on talking about Ohio State's title defense.
    A lot of talent on the field and in the coaching staff. Veteran QB, strong defensive line, plenty of ability at the skill positions. It could be a big year in Columbus. That said, you never win it in the years you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    A lot of talent on the field and in the coaching staff. Veteran QB, strong defensive line, plenty of ability at the skill positions. It could be a big year in Columbus. That said, you never win it in the years you expect.
    If the game is won in the trenches, OSU will have few rivals.

The one weak link for this team seems to be the WR position. How do they come along and how does JT do in throwing the ball down the field. If they continue to struggle without a deep threat, teams will be able to play their LB's closer to the line. If they have success in the deep passing game, it will open everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    If the game is won in the trenches, OSU will have few rivals.

The one weak link for this team seems to be the WR position. How do they come along and how does JT do in throwing the ball down the field. If they continue to struggle without a deep threat, teams will be able to play their LB's closer to the line. If they have success in the deep passing game, it will open everything up.
    Putting a lot of eggs in the Kevin Wilson basket, but he was able to routinely turn no name recruits into very solid receiving corps. He's definitely got plenty of talent to work with out wide (if Zach Smith can just get out of the way).

Can anyone in the Big Ten compete with OSU? With both Mich schools looking down, it sure seems like OSU's got an easy path to the conference championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Can anyone in the Big Ten compete with OSU? With both Mich schools looking down, it sure seems like OSU's got an easy path to the conference championship.
    I think Penn St will be pretty good. Barkley is a legit RB and they have some pretty good experience.

Michigan is going to be inexperienced, but they have recruited well so they should have talent and they get to play 11 games first and host OSU this year.

For some reason the @Nebraska game makes me nervous too, but it could just be because I'm having flashbacks of Joe Bauserman throwing balls to Omaha.

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-01-2017),puca (08-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I think Penn St will be pretty good. Barkley is a legit RB and they have some pretty good experience.

Michigan is going to be inexperienced, but they have recruited well so they should have talent and they get to play 11 games first and host OSU this year.

For some reason the @Nebraska game makes me nervous too, but it could just be because I'm having flashbacks of Joe Bauserman throwing balls to Omaha.
    PSU should be good this season, I doubt they are as good as last years team. McSorley got by last season by completing an unsustainable amount of jump balls to his WR's.

Michigan will be good, but very young. Can Harbaugh develop that talent?

Nebraska doesn't scare me anymore. They are morphing into what Iowa is, a good team at times, but there is a talent discrepancy between them and the big boys.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...nal-powers-top

Wisconsin ranked #1 among schools where the players have to know how to read.

17. Likes:

Chip R (08-03-2017)

Wisconsin just took one on the chin vs Utah State. They're down 10-0 right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Josh Rosen is phenomenal.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

20. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (09-03-2017)

Turn Off Ads?