Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RIP Glen Campbell

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

RIP Glen Campbell

http://www.rollingstone.com/country/...ell-dead-at-81

I can't say I was ever a fan, but I'm sure a lot here were, and I could certainly respect his contributions to the music world.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: RIP Glen Campbell

So sad. One of my all time favorites.

Supremely talented, Rest In Peace.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

He was arguably the most versatile and talented male vocalist country music has ever produced, he was a terrific guitarist, and he was a superb showman [in fairness, he was a lousy actor]. I loved a lot of his songs, with my favorite being Wichita Lineman, one of the finest songs in any genre, especially the Jimmie Webb penned lyric of "and I need you more than want you, and I want you for all time...."
    R.I.P. to Glen Campbell-in the words of another of his songs: No More Night
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

6. Likes:

Chip R (08-11-2017),cumberlandreds (08-09-2017),Roy Tucker (08-08-2017)

Just crushed. What a talent.

Couldn't read music- just an incredible talent.

Read Jimmy Webb's statement, it's beautiful and from the heart.

Great,great talent. It seemed anything Campbell was involved in from the late 60's to mid 70's turned to gold. I have watched some things on YouTube and its amazing what he could do with a guitar. Wichita Lineman is my favorite of his too. Just a great song. Gentle on my Mind and By the Time I get to Phoenix are close behind. Recently I watch a documentary his wife and daughter put together about his last tour. It was sad to watch as he went downhill during that tour with Alzheimers. Such a terrible affliction but it made you aware of the affects of this disease. RIP Glen Campbell, thanks for all the great music and entertainment you gave us all those years.

Last edited by cumberlandreds; 08-09-2017 at 07:10 AM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Glen Campbell played guitar on the Jan and Dean stuff....Beach Boys...The Monkees...

Hello Mary Lou, Youve Lost that Lovin Feelin, Unchained Melody, Strangers in the Night by Sinatra...

Dude- talk about versatility.

If you haven't seen the documentary about his Alzheimer's issues, you owe it to yourself to check it out. I believe it's called "Glenn Campbell: I'll Be Me".

I think my favorite obscure Glenn Campbell song is "Still Within The Sound Of My Voice"... A great Jimmy Webb song done by the #1 singer of Jimmy Webb songs.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-12-2017)

Turn Off Ads?