Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 161

Thread: 2017 Indianapolis Colts

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    8,979

    2017 Indianapolis Colts

    Time to start this thread. It's going to be a knock-down, drag-out fight for the AFC South this season.

    From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

    Colts GM Chris Ballard told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero that it's still to be determined if Andrew Luck (shoulder) will be ready for Week 1.

    We believe this is the first time someone from the Colts' organization has openly admitted that Luck may not be ready for Week 1. To this point, all anyone has said is that Luck "remains without a timetable" and "he'll be out there when he's ready." They've been extremely vague. Although Ballard said Luck's availability for Week 1 may be in question, Ballard said reserve/PUP is not an option. The Colts can beat the Rams in the opener with Scott Tolzien.

    Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    8,979

    Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts

    From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

    Colts C Ryan Kelly (leg) was "spotted on crutches" following Thursday's practice.

    The Colts were mum on Kelly's status, though he was able to finish a drill after initially getting hurt. The team could be waiting for test results before making a statement.

    Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  4. #3
    Member redsfanmia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts

    Regardless how the Colts do this year they are in great hands with Ballard.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

  5. Likes:

    dubc47834 (08-28-2017),Revering4Blue (08-10-2017)

  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    8,979

    Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts

    From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

    CBS 4's Mike Chappell reports Colts C Ryan Kelly will be out a "few weeks" with a foot injury.

    A "few weeks" might be the best possible outcome after Kelly was sporting crutches following Thursday's practice. It would be good to have a firmer timeline, but it sounds like he will be back for Week 1. With basically nothing behind him on the depth chart, the Colts need Kelly to stay healthy.

    Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  7. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    8,979

    Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts

    It's never good to lose your Center.

    From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

    NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Colts will likely place C Ryan Kelly (foot surgery) on injured reserve with the intent to designate him as one of their return players.

    The center will have surgery to repair a "bone defect" on Friday. The recovery timeline was originally given as 6-8 weeks, but putting Kelly on injured reserve would force him to sit out until at least Week 9. With Kelly looking likely to miss half the season, the Colts will almost certainly attempt to bring in outside help. They met with Jeremy Zuttah this week.

    Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  8. #6
    Member redsfanmia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It's never good to lose your Center.

    From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

    NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Colts will likely place C Ryan Kelly (foot surgery) on injured reserve with the intent to designate him as one of their return players.

    The center will have surgery to repair a "bone defect" on Friday. The recovery timeline was originally given as 6-8 weeks, but putting Kelly on injured reserve would force him to sit out until at least Week 9. With Kelly looking likely to miss half the season, the Colts will almost certainly attempt to bring in outside help. They met with Jeremy Zuttah this week.

    Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Looks like a long year for our beloved men of the horseshoe, which long term could be the best thing for the franchise. Another year for a young line to gel and a set of higher draft picks for Ballard to restock the cupboard and Ballard bringing in his coach and letting Chuck go.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

  9. #7
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,051
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  10. #8
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    19,052

    Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    "Right now. You can have him if you want him," Lombardi said.
    Wow. That is pretty bold coming from a GM. Can't imagine Mike Brown ever making such a pronouncement. Can't imagine that does much for the player's value either.

  11. #9
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    1,924

    Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Wow. That is pretty bold coming from a GM. Can't imagine Mike Brown ever making such a pronouncement. Can't imagine that does much for the player's value either.
    According to former NFL general manager Michael Lombardi, the Colts are looking to trade Dorsett and Indy's phone lines are wide open should any team want to call and inquire about the former first-round pick.

    "[Dorsett's] available in trade if somebody's willing to talk to them about it," Lombardi said during an interview on "The Rich Eisen Show."
    Lombardi is merely an NFL "insider."

    Chris Ballard, current Colts GM never (at least publicly) stated such, but I totally agree that it would be insanely idiotic for a current GM to do so.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

  12. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    8,979

    Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts

    Dallas made Indy look as bad as KC made Cincy look, except Dalton actually moved the ball some, as opposed to Tolzien. Couple more weeks to work things out. Dallas' O-Line and McFadden are very impressive. Prescott is in mid-season form.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  13. #11
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    11,884

    Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Dallas made Indy look as bad as KC made Cincy look, except Dalton actually moved the ball some, as opposed to Tolzien. Couple more weeks to work things out. Dallas' O-Line and McFadden are very impressive. Prescott is in mid-season form.
    No player is in mid-season form right now. It actually scares me a little bit if a player looks "too good." The preseason should be about getting reps in, getting as close to football ready as possible, letting the last 10 men battle it out for a roster spot while getting tape other teams can see, and hoping no one is lost for the season. If a team opens up the playbook and starts calling "un-vanilla" plays that isn't really the best thing to do.

  14. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (08-21-2017),Revering4Blue (08-21-2017)

  15. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    8,979

    Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts

    Bengals don't have to worry about looking too good. Their first team Offense has yet to score a TD, while their Defense didn't even show up the first two games.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  16. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    8,979

    Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts

    From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

    Colts activated C Brian Schwenke (ankle) from the active/PUP list.

    With starting C Ryan Kelly (foot) expected to miss regular-season action, Schwenke's arrival is a welcomed sight. Although he's merely an average pivot, he gives the Colts experience at the position while Kelly is out.


    This should help. I'd love to get "average" play from the Center position for the Bengals. It'd be a welcome change. I'd trade Bodine for Schwenke in a heartbeat. I have serious doubts of Alexander's ability to teach anyone how to play Center in the NFL, at least the NFL that has existed in this Century.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  17. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    8,979

    Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts

    From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

    Colts coach Chuck Pagano compared rookie Marlon Mack to Jamaal Charles.

    "He's a slasher, athletic, good vision. Whether he’s carrying the ball, catching it, protecting on third down, he's got the size and toughness to pick up guys, he’s real talented. Reminds you of Jamaal Charles." Mack is fully healthy after missing the preseason opener with a hamstring injury. His debut was one of the only bright spots for the Colts last week, rushing for 45 yards on five carries. Mack is going to open the season behind Frank Gore, but has potential to play into a starting role.

    Source: 1070 The Fan


    The sooner they can move on from Gore, the better. This is a welcome sign.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  18. #15
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,051

    Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

    Colts coach Chuck Pagano compared rookie Marlon Mack to Jamaal Charles.

    "He's a slasher, athletic, good vision. Whether he’s carrying the ball, catching it, protecting on third down, he's got the size and toughness to pick up guys, he’s real talented. Reminds you of Jamaal Charles." Mack is fully healthy after missing the preseason opener with a hamstring injury. His debut was one of the only bright spots for the Colts last week, rushing for 45 yards on five carries. Mack is going to open the season behind Frank Gore, but has potential to play into a starting role.

    Source: 1070 The Fan


    The sooner they can move on from Gore, the better. This is a welcome sign.
    The kid is getting rave reviews from my neck of the woods. Maybe the Colts landed somebody special?
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | JaxRed | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | The Operator