Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ezekiel Elliot Suspended for Domestic Abuse

Re: Ezekiel Elliot Suspended for Domestic Abuse

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Adrian Beltre sits at the right hand of John Olerud but neither have much to do with "Christ".
    You got one word right in your avvy. And it is the last one.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    C'mon SR you are better than than that. Geez, it aint rocket science to see the guy has a problem.
    I'm not disagreeing with the suspension. I don't think the NFL should be held to the criminal law standard. I'm fine with a 6 game suspension. My comment was on the print a poster decided to bold. It did not prove Elliott's guilt. It only proved that the girl had injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Jojo and Sea Ray are that neighbor who look at their wet yard and street in the morning and think the neighbor kids poured water everywhere.

"DID ANYBODY ACTUALLY SEE IT RAIN?"

Also remind everyone Sea Ray thinks Penn State should still be playing. Nobody is a victim.
    I and the powers that be think Penn State should still be playing football.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The "appeal to authority" fallacy.

The "appeal to authority" fallacy.
    If you feel that Penn State should have been given the death penalty, fine...as is the opinion that they should be playing. Why are you bringing this up in an Ezekiel Elliot thread?

If you feel that Penn State should have been given the death penalty, fine...as is the opinion that they should be playing. Why are you bringing this up in an Ezekiel Elliot thread?
    "The authorities agree" with me is great.

Well, gosh, Sea Ray , the authorities in the NFL say Ezekiel Elliott is suspended.

See why that is a silly argument?

I think we can all agree that Ezekiel Elliot should not be allowed to play in any of Penn State's first six games this season.

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-15-2017),Chip R (08-15-2017),cumberlandreds (08-15-2017),Revering4Blue (08-15-2017),Todd Gack (08-15-2017)

And the powers that be in the Penn State case are as corrupt as the Lions were. The NFL has different standards. So be it and may justice prevail.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

"The authorities agree" with me is great.

Well, gosh, Sea Ray , the authorities in the NFL say Ezekiel Elliott is suspended.

See why that is a silly argument?
    How 'bout sticking to the subject at hand? What about your bolded post implicated EE?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    And the powers that be in the Penn State case are as corrupt as the Lions were. The NFL has different standards. So be it and may justice prevail.
    I think your comparing the 2 situations is without merit. One is not at all like the other.

How 'bout sticking to the subject at hand? What about your bolded post implicated EE?
    Which is that the NFL is a private entity and can judge its players how it likes.

Having said that, what sort of expertise do you hold that you would say this person faked her injuries? Or that shows someone else did this?

A 150 page report sounds pretty solid, they also have legal look at that....what sort of inside scoop do you have, or is the victim a woman and you think poor Zeke is getting railroaded?

Or- more likely, you have the fourth pick in your fantasy football draft.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 08-15-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Which is that the NFL is a private entity and judge its players how it likes.

Having said that, what sort of expertise do you hold that you wold say this person faked her injuries? Or that shows someone else did this?

A 150 page report sounds pretty solid, they also have legal look at that....what sort of inside scoop do you have, or is the victim a woman and you think poor Zeke is getting railroaded?

Or- more likely, you have the fourth pick in your fantasy football draft.
    I have never claimed that her injuries were "faked". Are you just making things up now?

I'm on record in this thread of saying that the 6 game suspension is warranted even though there was insufficient evidence for a criminal conviction. Did you miss that? Is that consistent with someone who believes the injuries were faked?

I'll go one further. I hope the NFL doesn't modify the suspension as they often do after an appeal.

Your attitude here is personal towards me and has little to do with the EE case. Next time don't be so blatant about it. It lessens the times where you may have a legitimate point...

All that proves is that she has injuried. You can make the print as big and as bold as you like but it doesn't change the fact that it doesn't prove who caused the injuries
    I'll repost this. Thanks.

A mystery person made the injuries or she faked them.

You seem to have questions....

Or- you support a six game suspension in a case where you aren't sure who made injuries.

Incoherent as usual.

I'll repost this. Thanks.

A mystery person made the injuries or she faked them.

You seem to have questions....

Or- you support a six game suspension in a case where you aren't sure who made injuries.

Incoherent as usual.
    Am I sure they were caused by EE? Sure enough that I'm comfortable with the 6 game suspension. Although I'm more sure that the shoulder surgery on Dilson Herrera was related to the injury that sidelined him in Spring Training...

I'm not disagreeing with the suspension. I don't think the NFL should be held to the criminal law standard. I'm fine with a 6 game suspension. My comment was on the print a poster decided to bold. It did not prove Elliott's guilt. It only proved that the girl had injuries.
    You already mentioned that the NFL standard should be different between the legal standard. In the legal standard, you could question whether the girls injuries came prior to the alleged domestic violence claim. It holds to our standard of reasonable doubt.

However the standard the NFL uses does not have to abide by our judicial standard. If you look at the timeline of events, injuries, pictures taken of injuries, and a domestic violence claim made all in a pretty streamlined fashion, well then the NFL's 6 game suspension policy is pretty cut and dry here.

As for Zeke in Columbus, he probably could walk on water there. If he was charged and tried for a DV charge, I think it would have been difficult to get a guilty verdict. On the other hand, I do think that a guy with Zeke's profile and propensity to go out and party would make him a target for extortion. I am not saying this is the case nor has it ever happened, but a guy with his celebrity and prolific night life could attract ill wishers. I "think" Gareon Connely had that happen to him, but am not positive.

Turn Off Ads?