Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ezekiel Elliot Suspended for Domestic Abuse

Re: Ezekiel Elliot Suspended for Domestic Abuse

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    You already mentioned that the NFL standard should be different between the legal standard. In the legal standard, you could question whether the girls injuries came prior to the alleged domestic violence claim. It holds to our standard of reasonable doubt.

However the standard the NFL uses does not have to abide by our judicial standard. If you look at the timeline of events, injuries, pictures taken of injuries, and a domestic violence claim made all in a pretty streamlined fashion, well then the NFL's 6 game suspension policy is pretty cut and dry here.

As for Zeke in Columbus, he probably could walk on water there. If he was charged and tried for a DV charge, I think it would have been difficult to get a guilty verdict. On the other hand, I do think that a guy with Zeke's profile and propensity to go out and party would make him a target for extortion. I am not saying this is the case nor has it ever happened, but a guy with his celebrity and prolific night life could attract ill wishers. I "think" Gareon Connely had that happen to him, but am not positive.
    You get it. The case isn't 100% cut and dried but IMO it clearly reaches the NFL standard.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    You get it. The case isn't 100% cut and dried but IMO it clearly reaches the NFL standard.
    Which is absurd.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Which is absurd.
    What's absurd about the NFL standard?

What's absurd about the NFL standard?
    It's kangaroo court.

It's kangaroo court.
    Not really. On some things it is a kangaroo court, on others I think the do a good job. NFL has a 6 game DV policy, MLB is 100 games? I think they all are wary of the DV blow back.

It's kangaroo court.
    Fair enough. So you think their standard should be more stringent? Do you agree with the 6 game suspension levied here?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Right.
    To what are you referring? That the NFL's standard is absurd? I thought you agreed with their suspension of EE

Do you agree with the 6 game suspension levied here?
    No. I think it's absurd. Happily, it's not my $560k.

No. I think it's absurd. Happily, it's not my $560k.
    It's amazing that he got 6 games and PacMan got one. I'm not gettin' that

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Whatever happens with Elliott McFadden looks as healthy as I've ever seen him. It's easy to forget how strong he is. 16-20 carries and 4-5 catches will net him close to 100 yards every game Zeke is out. They have no LG and LT is average, but C-RG-RT is elite and they'll ride that advantage with McFadden, Morris and Hillman. Cooper Rush has already passed Kellen Moore on the depth chart Rush looks very poised and polished.
    And then he'll be hurt with ankle/knee nagging injuries for the rest of the year.

#RaiderSadness
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    And then he'll be hurt with ankle/knee nagging injuries for the rest of the year.

#RaiderSadness
    They only need him for six games. For Cowboy fans, they shouldn't have to sweat what Raiders fans went through. They still have Morris, and a new Rookie TE Stud who is a matchup Nightmare they can go to on 3rd Down and the Redzone instead of Morris if McFadden gets injured early.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I also think it would be difficult to get a conviction on a former tOSU player in Columbus.
    That very thought crossed my mind as I was typing my previous post.

You're right. However we also need to take into consideration that he's a 22-23 year old man. Some would even call him a kid. You give your average person in their early 20s fame and money and more often than not they are going to do stupid things. I know I did some things in my early 20s that made my parents tell me to "grow up." I imagine you've had some similar moments with your kids.
    Yep. Did plenty of stupid stuff, due mostly to immaturity, when I was younger (much younger). But the only person I "hurt" was me. It was "self-inflicted". But we're talking domestic violence, allegedly beating on a woman.

I've been in discussions in the past with male friends/co-workers - and this simply blows me away - because a few of them said they'd have no qualms at all at punching out a woman if they felt the circumstances dictated it - she physically attacked them, or said/did something that really angered them to no end. IMO, there is no justification for a man to lay hands on a woman. I don't care what the circumstances are/were. And besides - it's a "lose-lose" scenario....

Last year I had a friend who broke up with his GF of many years. She came back to his house, he saw her coming up the walk and met her on the front porch where she began to physically assault him. All he did was grab her by the wrists to stop her and told her to get off his property or he was calling the police. Well ... she left alright. She went to the ER for treatment of a bruise on her wrist. To make a long story short - the cops came and arrested him, he went to court, got fined, put on probation for 2 years, and had to pay her medical bill. Again - it's a lose-lose scenario.

Sometimes it takes the loss of your livelihood to wake you up and make you realize that you better get your act together. Fortunately for Elliot he has teammates that have been through it and hopefully can give him guidance on how to comport yourself as a famous athlete. He's at a crossroads now. He can choose the path where he is someone like Ladanian Tomlinson and be a HOF player or he can be someone like Ray Rice who had a nice career that ended when he decided to hit his girlfriend. The choice is up to him.
    Yep. Life is all about choices. And right now Eliot is making some wrong ones. But how many times does one have to get "beat upside the head" - I don't care how old you are - before you begin to realize you need to re-evaluate your lifestyle and he bad choices being made?

Even if some don't agree with the NFL policy or his suspension (and we can all argue that all day long) ... lets hope it does have a positive effect, a "wake-up" call, on a young Ezekiel Eliot. IMO, that's all that matters.

It's one thing to make mistakes (we all do). What's more important is that we LEARN from them.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-16-2017)

Which is that the NFL is a private entity and can judge its players how it likes.
    BING! BING! BING! we have a winner!

Private companies (entities) have the right to set their own policies, such as personal conduct policies, when it comes to their employees.

One example .... At Honda we all have to wear the white Honda work uniform, which the company provides/maintains. And while they provide a locker-room where the employees can change, a majority of the employees wear those uniforms to/from work (I do). It's in their handbook that when wearing that uniform in public Honda sees you as "representing" the Honda company. And if you engage in behavior that reflects badly/damages that "image" they can take corrective action against you, including termination.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

17. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-16-2017),cumberlandreds (08-16-2017),Revering4Blue (08-16-2017)

Right.
    To what are you referring? That the NFL's standard is absurd? I thought you agreed with their suspension of EE
    I take it you made a conscious decision not to answer this?

Turn Off Ads?