Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 College Basketball Thread

2017-2018 College Basketball Thread

Marvin Bagley reclassified last night to this years class to join Duke. He is the best prospect at the collegiate level since Anthony Davis and will likely be the top pick in next years draft.

This "should" make Duke the odds on favorite to win it all, but ever since Coach K has started dipping into the one and done pool his teams have struggled to find consistency. Grayson Allen is back for his senior season, which alone creates chemistry issues and brings in the flopping storyline.

I think this is the year Arizona breaks through for a final four. I think Kentucky will be down as well but still makes the tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2017-2018 College Basketball Thread

Isn't Bagley from Arizona?
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I believe you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    He's also bounced around at the high school level to where there are a lot of red flags. Three schools in two states in three years.

Duke was supposed to play two games in the Dominican this week, that series was canceled "due to Coach Ks hip surgery". It had more to do with recruiting Bagley.

One thing about it, you can no longer criticize one and done without including Duke. Especially if Bagley is ruled eligible by the NCAA.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Hmmmm. Interesting stuff WV. I just find it ironic that Arizona wasn't his pick. But I find more irony in the fact that Duke canceled their trip. Can't tell me that an assistant couldn't have coached the team. Kind of odd.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

Bad day to be a college basketball assistant coach.

https://clutchpoints.com/report-fbi-...uption-scheme/

I grew up a huge Louisville fan, but I've always HATED, HATED, HATED Rick Pitino. This may finally be the anvil that breaks the camel's back for him.

10. Likes:

nmculbreth (09-26-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Bad day to be a college basketball assistant coach.

https://clutchpoints.com/report-fbi-...uption-scheme/
    Since when is this illegal? Sure, it's against NCAA rules but is there a law against it now?

I grew up a huge Louisville fan, but I've always HATED, HATED, HATED Rick Pitino. This may finally be the anvil that breaks the camel's back for him.
    What did Pitino do? I didn't see his name anywhere in that article.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I think we are about to see just how corrupt and cutthroat collegiate athletics really is.

This is pretty damning for Sean Miller. Not surprising though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    What did Pitino do? I didn't see his name anywhere in that article.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/36454113/u...ege-basketball

14. Likes:

Chip R (09-26-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I think we are about to see just how corrupt and cutthroat collegiate athletics really is.

This is pretty damning for Sean Miller. Not surprising though.
    I have heard, no proof, but that Matta at OSU missed out on a couple of recruits because he wouldn't bend the rules.

I have little desire to follow CBB recruiting because I find it as disturbing as can be. CBB recruiting lets guys like LaVar Ball become a household name.

I am waiting for the shoe to drop on these big name programs who have had this era of superiority for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I have heard, no proof, but that Matta at OSU missed out on a couple of recruits because he wouldn't bend the rules.

I have little desire to follow CBB recruiting because I find it as disturbing as can be. CBB recruiting lets guys like LaVar Ball become a household name.

I am waiting for the shoe to drop on these big name programs who have had this era of superiority for a while now.
    To be fair, not very many people ever heard of LaVar Ball until Lonzo declared for the draft.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

The same thing was said about Crean. For all his faults, the great thing about him was that he would not bend the rules at all.

18. Likes:

bucksfan2 (09-26-2017)

Any school that is found guilty of sending $100K in order to get a recruit should be punished severely. Serious sanctions on post season and scholarships. That can't be tolerated and the schools that get caught should be called out.

Turn Off Ads?