• Connor McGregor by decisions

0 0%
  • Floyd Mayweather by KO

6 31.58%
  • Floyd Mayweather by decision

3 15.79%
  • I'm not watching and don't care

10 52.63%

Thread: Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather....

So, as a big boxing and MMA fan, this weekend is incredibly entertaining.... Mostly from the aspect of just "people watching". I can't wrap my head around actual people who think that Conor McGregor has a chance in this fight. It's been high entertainment to hear some of the rationalization for why not only he has a chance, but will somehow win.

If this were an MMA fight - Conor would win within 30 seconds. Zero doubts. Zero question. But, this is a boxing match. Floyd has not been in trouble in a boxing match, like, real actual trouble since he fought Jose Luis Castillo in 2002. It's the only real fight that he may have actually lost, even though he did get the win in the fight. How someone believes that Conor McGregor is somehow a better option to beat him than Shane Mosely, Oscar De La Hoya, Manny Pacquiao, Marcos Maidana, Ricky Hatton, Diego Corralas or Canelo Alvarez, well, it's incredible.

I'd LOVE to see Floyd get knocked out. I really would. But the chances of it happening are about the same as mine of dating Anna Kendrick. Sure - it's possible. But the odds are otherworldly.

I'll be shocked if this thing goes more than 6-7 rounds. Floyd may not have a bunch of power against elite level boxers, but he's not fighting that guy. He's fighting an amateur boxer. He's not going to Mike Tyson 1-punch knock Conor down, but he's going to put him on the canvas with some combos.

Anyways, those are my thoughts. I'll be chipping in my money to buy the fight with some friends. But, I'm far more interested in the reaction to the fight (and the pizza that we will be buying).

Is anyone else going to watch this spectacle made for us idiots willing to pay bunches of money?

Edit: I can't spell Conor properly. It won't let me edit the poll options, or if it will, I'm just too stupid to figure it out.
    Last edited by dougdirt; 08-25-2017 at 02:50 AM.

Turn Off Ads?