0 0%
  • Floyd Mayweather by KO

6 31.58%
  • Floyd Mayweather by decision

3 15.79%
  • I'm not watching and don't care

10 52.63%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather....

Re: Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather....

Lot of people out there don't know that there's anything to boxing besides punching another guy. They're about to see I think.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

I'd be interested to see what the limit is at each book for what they'll cover on this fight. I know that the odds say it's closer than it should be, but that's so they can try to balance out the money. What's the limit on a real bet, though, one where they feel it's just not worth taking because they know the real odds here are 10000/1.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    That's crazy.

Yeah, that's what I saw. $120k is a good payout, (and pretending this person would at all care about losing this much money, which I know isn't the case) but again, I don't think I'd put down $880k and feel good about things being on the up and up.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

This is actually a short pay and was taken for publicity purposes only. $880k wagered at -550 yields $160k and not $120k. But South Point's system only allows for a $1 million max payoff on a ticket. So this ticket was cancelled, and two $440k tickets paying $80 each were issued.

If McGregor gets concussed? Sure. But that's the only way.
    I'll bet you - so to speak - that there are sports books out there taking money that that will actually happen. I'd give it 30-1 odds of it happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'll bet you - so to speak - that there are sports books out there taking money that that will actually happen. I'd give it 30-1 odds of it happening.
    There are. I've seen them. I don't recall the odds on them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    When I get home, I'll check the online props. You're not going to have a bricks and mortar shop taking that kind of bet, but the online books do some weird things.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    When I get home, I'll check the online props. You're not going to have a bricks and mortar shop taking that kind of bet, but the online books do some weird things.
    I checked some articles out about prop bets but didn't see anything about this.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

That McGregoris a way better overall fighter doesn't mean anything tomorrow night though, because they aren't having a fight. They are boxing.

And while I'll give you that McGregor isn't afraid of Floyd - you don't get to be that caliber of a fighter by being afraid of other fighters - he probably should be. He's going to get pounded. Over and over and over. If he lands more than 10 actual, real punches in the fight it will be one of those personal victories. I feel like a good bet would be what number is higher: Rounds before McGregor loses or punches landed by McGregor multiplied by 2.
    I know it's a boxing match. McGregor doesn't care, though. He 100% believes he's going to KO Mayweather. I don't doubt him, either.

And you people are out of your damn mind if you think he can't last one 3 minute round with pillow hands. Wasn't Diaz like 20+ lbs heavier than McGregor? Not once did he put McGregor on his ass with a punch (from what I remember, at least).
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I just want the match to be over. I feel like there's been a hype fest "event" surrounding the fight every two to three weeks going back to announcing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

13. Likes:

Chip R (08-25-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I know it's a boxing match. McGregor doesn't care, though. He 100% believes he's going to KO Mayweather. I don't doubt him, either.

And you people are out of your damn mind if you think he can't last one 3 minute round with pillow hands. Wasn't Diaz like 20+ lbs heavier than McGregor? Not once did he put McGregor on his ass with a punch (from what I remember, at least).
    I think it's possible that he could last 1 round. I think it's possible he could last 5. But only if Floyd wants it to.

Nate Diaz was bigger and heavier. Nate Diaz also isn't a professional boxer. Nate Diaz is slow (by elite boxing terms). Nate Diaz throws punches that in boxing would never land because he'd be countered before they'd get there. Looping, slow shots. Nate Diaz is a good boxer for an MMA fighter. Nate Diaz would be a terrible boxer if he got in the ring with mid-tier professional boxers. They'd eat him alive.

I'm also tired of the "Floyd has soft hands" argument. If that were true, wouldn't guys like Canelo Alvarez have simply just walked him down, eaten some punches and then just unloaded on him? Of course they would. But that didn't happen. Why? Because they kept getting punched and found out that it wasn't going to work.

Also, the only reason that Nate didn't drop Conor is because in that first fight, when he caught Conor in that second round with the right, Conor back up, took a left hook, then knew the only way he was going to not get knocked out was to shoot at his legs. So he did. 15 seconds later the fight was over. Had Conor been required to keep standing at that point, he was going to sleep and he knew it. It's why he went for the takedown - it was the only way he had a chance to remain in the fight.
    Last edited by dougdirt; 08-25-2017 at 04:06 PM.

I think it's possible that he could last 1 round. I think it's possible he could last 5. But only if Floyd wants it to.
    Yeah. I think it's just a question if Floyd wants to give the people a show or if he just wants to put him away ASAP.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

If Floyd wants it to? I'd love for him to go for the KO and McGregor return the favor, but that's not his style, is it? Only way I see that happening is if McGregor runs out of gas. If his cardio is up to par, I see this going the distance.

About Diaz, I know all of that. Just saying, how much harder is Mayweather going to hit? Obviously he's going to land a much higher volume of punches, but I don't believe for a minute he has the KO power. We'll find out tomorrow, though.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    If Floyd wants it to? I'd love for him to go for the KO and McGregor return the favor, but that's not his style, is it? Only way I see that happening is if McGregor runs out of gas. If his cardio is up to par, I see this going the distance.

About Diaz, I know all of that. Just saying, how much harder is Mayweather going to hit? Obviously he's going to land a much higher volume of punches, but I don't believe for a minute he has the KO power. We'll find out tomorrow, though.
    I just can't wrap my head around this kind of thinking. I really can't.

Floyd Mayweather is fighting an amateur boxer. AMATEUR. This fight should have never been sanctioned. It's a flat out joke that a governing body is letting this happen.

18. Likes:

Chip R (08-25-2017),M2 (08-25-2017)

Turn Off Ads?